10+ Year Old Account

OnLive MicroConsole

So i just ran into this on the web. And was wondering what do you guys think of it.

It almost seems to good to be true. And if its as good as it seems damm for that price to have a console + controller (quite nice) (you can ofc also use your xbox 360 controller or ps3 controller if you wish)
    I think i may actually buy this thing seeing as it only cost 99 dollars. (and ofc the games you need to buy them online)

Review from joystiq.com

There site

A video from them:

Oh and ps. the movie says released in 2009 but it only comes out for the masses at 2dec 2010 if you dont believe me
    Last edited by schippie; 2010-11-20 at 04:12 AM.

Its crap. I was in the beta.

The resolution is crap, there is noticeable lag, and you still have to buy all of the games you want to play, even though you spent a bunch of money on Onlive.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    Its crap. I was in the beta.

The resolution is crap, there is noticeable lag, and you still have to buy all of the games you want to play, even though you spent a bunch of money on Onlive.
    I dont download games (illegal) so i already need to pay for games so thats not a problem. And what are the cost of Onlive itself than (except 99 dollars for the console)

I heard there was going to be a subscription, but I don't know for sure. I just played it in the Beta and the resolution was bad, and there was noticeable lag in the controls.

With these flaws, why not just go out and buy the games themselves and not through the 3rd party program?
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    I heard there was going to be a subscription, but I don't know for sure. I just played it in the Beta and the resolution was bad, and there was noticeable lag in the controls.

With these flaws, why not just go out and buy the games themselves and not through the 3rd party program?
    The main reason why i like this is cause i buy lots and lots of games for the xbox360 mostly to just play the single player in 2-3 days so if i can just rent a game for 3 / 5 days i save alot of money xd.

Tho i guess it could be a bit laggy but the movies on the web dont support what you said about the resolution sucking (maybe its been improved).
    Last edited by schippie; 2010-11-20 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I understand it, there's no longer any sub fee, you just "rent" games from their library (can't remember how much, like a fiver per game per week or something), though there is the option to buy, but it's near enough full price, and you have no physical copy of the game....so whats the point of that? But yeah, it's an interesting idea, and might have a decent execution of said idea, but I just think people aren't going to go for it, not yet. Maybe the idea will be ready in ten years or something.