Deleted

Frost (and why not other specs) Mage DRs

Hi there, i've been playing with my frost mage (fresh 80, still get's exploded in BGs a lot xD) and i wondered, what are the drs within all the roots and stuns we got?
    As far as i know :
    Imp cone of cold + frost nova + pet nova aren't on dr, what about shattered barrier?
    Deep Freeze is on dr with other stuns.

I wasn't aware mages needed to worry about DRs seeing as everything you cast slows me and I'm never not slowed while fighting one of you jackasses

durp spamlance jump jump durp spamlance or durpppp let me frost bolt durp oh sup pet let me durrrrrrrrrrrrr spamlance ok

Quote Originally Posted by RTLC View Post
    I wasn't aware mages needed to worry about DRs seeing as everything you cast slows me and I'm never not slowed while fighting one of you jackasses

durp spamlance jump jump durp spamlance or durpppp let me frost bolt durp oh sup pet let me durrrrrrrrrrrrr spamlance ok
    derpderp play better or stop being a ret paladin.

I honestly don't know all of the 4.0 DR matchups off the top of my head. It's pretty easy to test yourself, though. Just use every freezing spell you have consecutively a couple of times in different orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    derpderp play better or stop being a ret paladin.
    If your not a ret paladin please delete your whole account while your at it.

As far as dr goes, I doubt it will matter to the effect of your own skills. It seems you can never hit your own dr's as frost, in my experience, and you never don't slow/snare/freeze your target.

Deleted
    Well, I actually care about DRs as my mage has less than 4.5k GS pvp (2200 spell and 365 resil lol), thus cant spamlance everyone til death and have to do things at least a bit WELL to set up the kill
    To make you an image : In one deep freeze + IV + haste trinket I'm able to 100-50% an average pvp geared guy
    Also, Warriors can 100-30 me in one charge stun w/ mana shield (heroic mortal when barrier is on cd)
    Last edited by mmoc3b9df2aeaa; 2010-11-20 at 09:09 AM.

Nova and pet freeze share a DR and are considered controlled roots.
    Shattered barrier is on its own DR.

I think imp CoC shares a DR with nova and pet freeze.

The old DRs were:

Controlled Root - Freeze (Water Elemental), Pin (Crab), Frost Nova, Entangling Roots, Earthgrab (Storm, Earth and Fire)
    Controlled Stun - Bash, Concussion Blow, Deep Freeze, Demon Charge, Gnaw, Holy Wrath, Inferno Effect (Doomguard summon), Hammer of Justice, Intercept (Felguard), Intercept (Warrior), Intimidation, Kidney Shot, Maim, Ravage, Shadowfury, Shockwave, Sonic Blast, War Stomp
    Disarm - Chimera Shot - Scorpid, Disarm, Dismantle, Psychic Horror (Disarm effect), Snatch
    Disorient - Dragon's Breath, Freezing Arrow, Freezing Trap, Gouge, Hex, Hibernate, Hungering Cold, Polymorph, Repentance, Sap, Shackle, Wyvern Sting
    Fear - Blind, Fear (Warlock), Howl of Terror, Intimidating Shout, Psychic Scream, Scare Beast, Seduction (Pet), Turn Evil
    Horror - Death Coil, Psychic Horror
    Opener Stun - Cheap Shot, Pounce
    Random Root - Frostbite, Improved Hamstring, Shattered Barrier
    Random Stun - Impact, Revenge Stun, Seal of Justice, Stoneclaw Stun
    Silence - Arcane Torrent, Gag Order (Warrior talent), Garrote, Improved Counterspell, Nether Shock, Silencing Shot, Improved Kick, Shield of the Templar, Silence (Priest), Spell Lock, Strangulate
    Taunt - Angered Earth, Challenging Howl, Challenging Roar, Challenging Shout, Dark Command, Death Grip, Distracting Shot, Growl (Druid), Hand of Reckoning, Mocking Blow, Righteous Defense, Taunt (Pet),Taunt (Warrior)
    Banish, Charge, Cyclone, Entrapment, Scatter Shot, and Mind Control are on diminishing returns with themselves.
    source

Note: those DRs aren't up to date anymore as all stuns now share a DR and I'm not sure what else is changed.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    Nova and pet freeze share a DR and are considered controlled roots.
    Shattered barrier is on its own DR.
    This is incorrect; referr to my OP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RTLC View Post

Thank god the banhammer hit him.
    Good this topic came up, was wondering the excact thing, was gonna make a topic myself.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Frost nova and pet freeze are on controlled root. Shattered barrier is on random root.

Imp. CoC might be on it's own DR. It doesn't share with nova/freeze.