Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Loremaster: Still confused

Hey there good people,

First thread, never done one of these on any website really :O

I'm still confused on one aspect of Loremaster, and haven't seen any answers around concerning it (There's probably something somewhere, I looked hard though )

If we already have Loremaster heading into patch 4.0.3a, will we still be able to do all the new quests bein introduced with the patch? Or will the game see us as "having completed all quests" and the zones will be void of quests?

I'm hoping this isn't the case as I'm really looking forward to all of the new lore/quest items/in-depth-exploration associated with new quests.

Cheers! FTH

if you have te loremaster already you will be able to do all the new ones...thats how i understand it
    Cataclysm has dropped loot. [The Horde]
    Saurfang rolls 56.
    Thrall rolls 1.
    Vol'Jin rolls 43.
    Mankrik rolls 90.
    Garrosh rolls 100.
    Garrosh has recieved loot. [The Horde]

shamanvspaladin.wordpress.com

It's on the front page. But what they were stating is that yes, if you have Loremaster you will be able to do all the new quests. If you have Loremaster though from the looks of it if you want the zone achievements you will have to effectively complete Loremaster all over again. Not that you lose your title/rewards, just that you don't automatically get the zone achievements for having Loremaster.

Which, imo kinda sucks because I did Loremaster once, I don't want to do it again just to get the zone achievements but will anyways probably so I can get that ~500 achievement points.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Deleted
    Agree with the reply. From what I have read they are removing alot of old quest and replacing with new. Therfore you wont have done the new quest and should therfore beable to do them. Those that are staying that can be tracked should still show in your list. So supposedly you could become a double loremaster

It's the same as when I faction changed.

Basically it goes like this:
    The Zone has a total of 4 quests over both factions, I was alliance first
    - Quest 1 : shared - done
    - Quest 2 : shared - done
    - Quest 3 : horde only - not done
    - Quest 4 : alliance only - done
    So I had 3 quests done as I was alliance, when I changed to horde I only had 2 quests done.

-> If you finished a quest and they change the old quest you can't do it again.
    -> If they introduce a new quest you can do it again.
    -> If a quest is no longer available for you (as alliance quests are for horde) the count will be removed from both Statistics and Achievement.

Everything is tracked on a "by quest" base, not on a "by zone" base.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet! Stoked. Thankyou very much for the swift replies!

Deleted
    Hi,

First time poster, long time reader

I'm currently sat at 670/700 for EK and 600/700 for Kalimdor, all of Outlands done and just the fjord in Northrend.

I presume from the front page that even if I manage to get EK and Kalimdor done before 4.03a launches this week (which I doubt anyway) I still won't be able to get the Loremaster title by finishing the Fjord (and therefore Northrend loremaster) after 4.03a goes live?

Is it therefore worth finishing Kalimdor before the patch this week? Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Sonof

If you look at the loremaster achievement, you will see it is split in 4 parts. so if you complete the azeroth 2 achievements for loremaster, you will most likely still have them because you alr got that achievement.

but its a guess. but just like hunter pets, i doub blizz takes away achievements from you.

Deleted
    Can anyone confirm from the US that the Loremaster achievement includes the cata zones please with the new patch?

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by sonof View Post
    Can anyone confirm from the US that the Loremaster achievement includes the cata zones please with the new patch?

Cheers,
    Achievement, The Loremaster.
    Complete the quest achievements...
    Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms
    Loremaster of Kalimdor
    Loremaster of Outlands
    Loremaster of Northrend
    Loremaster of Cataclysm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchanski View Post
    Agree with the reply. From what I have read they are removing alot of old quest and replacing with new. Therfore you wont have done the new quest and should therfore beable to do them. Those that are staying that can be tracked should still show in your list. So supposedly you could become a double loremaster
    hehehe... A Double Loremaster? All the way?

Something they have not mentioned though, or at least that I saw. Is that even if you do loremaster and keep credit towards achivement, you lose credit for the quests competed in the old world that were removed. So The Seeker title for exmaple, is alot harder to get now. I went from 2768 quests with loremaster in outland/northrend/EK , and now have a measly 2100

BS to be honest, wasnt too happy.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune