Poll: Which of these two abilities: Word of Glory and Light of Dawn, do you spend your holy

15+ Year Old Account

Question Word of Glory vs. Light of Dawn

Hi mates,

I was wondering how much worth Eternal Glory (2 points) is after the change to Light of Dawn (holy power cost instead of mana, and cooldown removed) as a Holy Paladin. The talent is still nice, but now since we're having 2 options for holy power, the talent seems to gotten less attractive. WoG and LoD are very efficient in their own way, so the use of them of course depends on situation, environment and raid size, but I still it could be interesting to know what people use the most. Hence the poll here.

Which of these two abilities: Word of Glory and Light of Dawn, do you spend your holy power on the most durings raids?
    Last edited by iLive; 2010-11-20 at 10:42 AM.

Deleted
    Im usually a tank so I would use word of glory once i have established solid threat however last night I was healing (off spec) and tbh I didnt really have to use either but it depends on your healing role and the fight.

Word of Glory if your a tank healer and tank needs the boost or Light of Dawn for AoE/raid healing. So tbh IMO it depends on YOUR playstyle so there is no right or wrong answer to which is best talent and the actual Eternal Glory talent is based on RNG so some days may proc alot others not at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Playstyle and situation determined heals are very different. Playstyle are how you do stuff, while situatuion determined is how you gain most advantage. I'm asking what's occuring as the best effecient heal overall most of the time, even though you tank heal or raid heal. I believe the good healers spend cooldowns to help each other, and not only do what their main role is. If you are assigned to focus upon tanks, but you have 3x HP and 5+ damaged people in front of you, and the tank is at full health, you won't use WoG but LoD to help the others of course. Like they will help you (Renew, Riptide, Prayer of Mending, Rejuvenation, Lifebloom etc.). So I still think the question is very valid even though you're tank or raid healer.

Remember I didn't ask for the best ability, but the one you tend to use the most. :]

When I'm healing, I use Word of Glory all the time, its one of my top three healing spells used. Holy Shock at #1, Word of Glory at #2 and Flash of Light at #3. I never find a good time to use Light of Dawn, it seems to be a very very situational spell, and that situation rarely comes around.

When I'm tanking, I pretty much spam Word of Glory. The amount of absorbs from it really do make a difference. WoG heals as protection, with three holy power for about 12k and will crit heal for 16-18k.

80 Paladin, 80 Rogue, 80 Priest, 80 Death Knight, 72 Mage

15+ Year Old Account
    Just my 2c, but I'd say if you're gonna use HP for both the spells, that talents just became more important, not less. If you have a chance not to exhaust your HP on WoG, then you may have it for LoD. Of course RNG is RNG, but if anything, I wouldn't say the talent loses value, at all.

Then again, I'm a tank and not a healer, so go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    Just my 2c, but I'd say if you're gonna use HP for both the spells, that talents just became more important, not less. If you have a chance not to exhaust your HP on WoG, then you may have it for LoD. Of course RNG is RNG, but if anything, I wouldn't say the talent loses value, at all.

Then again, I'm a tank and not a healer, so go figure.
    You can probably look at it from that point of view actually. Nice thoughts.

Deleted
    I have a feeling that it will be very fight specific, and raid size aswel.

In a 25man setting you can probalbly gurentee your light of dawn at least have the 6 people it can heal in the cone, while in a 10man raid you'll be hard pushed to make sure it can heal to its maximum potential.

Personally as i will be raiding 10mans in cata i will probalbly not get much use out of LoD, except in situations where burst aoe healing is needed. But for every other time i have Holy Radiance for AoE healing and i can spot heal people who need extra with shocks/wogs and HL's.

Also i can see when mana is tight alot of people using a WoG to fish for a proc to then use LoD aswel to maximise HpMana.

From my ramblings - WoG will be used lot more than LoD

Light of Dawn for aoe damage intense fights, word of glory for high tank damage / single burst damage fights. Mix & match in between! To say "I only use HP for WoG" or "I only use HP for LoD" makes you bad. Use each one appropriatly as you need them & anticipate the damage you're going to need to heal.

Always take Eternal Glory anyway. Even in 10 man LoD is still pure win hugged up with aoe damage going on, and WoG is great for that moving while healing burst.

Remember, healing isn't "rotation" based, it's situational based. The new changes to healing mean you're supposed to be adapting to new situations and using different ability combinations to overcome them, not get stuck in one system and apply it to everything, which is what you're suggesting above.
    Last edited by Andyo; 2010-11-20 at 12:02 PM.

I find with Radiance and LoD i spend my time standing next to the melee and tossing out what aoe healing I have while popping off HS and HL's. I would say those speaking from WoTLK veiw are saying WoG right now, but when damage becomes a canstant throughout the group as it does in most of the instances and raids in Cata, I find myself slamming LoD more often then not.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you misunderstood the question. I know they each does something differently, but what I want to know is what you've used the much (in beta ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    I think you misunderstood the question. I know they each does something differently, but what I want to know is what you've used the much (in beta ofc).
    Depending on the situation. 5mans WoG. 10/25 LoD.
    ( I prefer 10s myself.)
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.