Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by supersly666 View Post
    (no ctrl, because if you press shift plus ctrl my keyboard changes its key layout for some reason).
    Let me guess: You're german or swiss?
    That's pretty normal
    On our Computers, there's something called "Eingabegebietsschemaleiste" (dunno the english word for it) which enables, that you can switch easy trough german and english keyboardlayout.
    Ctrl+Shift is the hotkey for that. If you deactivate the layout you don't need, it also deactivates the hotkey.

10+ Year Old Account
    razer mamba nuff said
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

Quote Originally Posted by carcharoth84 View Post
    Let me guess: You're german or swiss?
    That's pretty normal
    On our Computers, there's something called "Eingabegebietsschemaleiste" (dunno the english word for it) which enables, that you can switch easy trough german and english keyboardlayout.
    Ctrl+Shift is the hotkey for that. If you deactivate the layout you don't need, it also deactivates the hotkey.
    Actually I'm a half Dutch American, but I live in the Netherlands.
    Anyway thanks, I'll check it out when I get home.

Love my Razer Naga. A friend of mine said the Steelseries mouse was a piece of crap.

Deleted
    go with the naga man, i bloddy love that mouse, and im sure you will too =)

Deleted
    I don't really understand all this stuff about Razer mice breaking quickly. I've had mine for at least a year by now and I've only ever had it malfunction after I picked it apart, whereupon I picked it apart again, fixed it and it worked fine.

Razer mice have never worked for me. They're riddled with driver conflicts with even the most basic hardware, causing the buttons to go all funhouse mirror. Upon installing a new video card (well known brand, popular card), every single click from my Razer Deathadder would act as if I clicked on the desktop. Every window, including WoW, became inactive and I had to navigate by keyboard to uninstall the mouse.

Upon contacting their tech support....well, they never got back to me after three attempts.

Deleted
    OK I've read most of these posts and currently own the Old SteelSeries and will give my own review to help others decide on whether they would prefer it or not.

I'll start with the cons:

~The metal like finish scrubs off... I'm still using my mouse and the finish on the 2 main buttons has worn through to bare white plastic and no matter how nice this looked when I got it, it just looks like a bit of crap.
    ~The size is purely made for someone with large hands that hold the mouse with their whole hand, but I prefer to have my hand further towards the rear of a mouse just using my finger and thumb to move it.
    ~Because of the position of my hand I find it difficult to use some of the buttons that are on the far front left, I only use the down and back buttons on the side 'd-pad'
    ~There are 2 buttons on the far right that I presume your supposed to be able to press with your little finger or sumot... but they are awkward and don't get used.
    ~If you PVP like I do it can be a little difficult pressing the inner right button whilst turning.

Ok the good stuff:

~The 2 inner buttons on either side of the mouse wheel are in such a great place, I use them for spam abilities on all my characters and I don't think I could ever get used to them not being there.
    ~The 2 rear buttons on the top are great also but they are for my abilites that perhaps have 3 min CDs so I only have to move my finger back slightly for a panic situation.
    ~The mouse lead is more like a strong shoelace than a lead and it's very long so you forget it's even got a lead.
    ~It does come with some good software, but you don't need to use it... which I don't. I just go ingame '/kb' and click the buttons I want to use over the relevent spells. Simple.
    ~Plug it in a play it. Even got a 'Use Warcraft Mouse' button ingame.
    ~It seems to glide across my mousepad with ease.

Conclusion:

Although the bad points are pretty crappy I really DO think that I will be buying the new Cataclysm model. Just looking at the pictures I can see every issue with the buttons I've had have been addressed. The side buttons are in a better position. The far right button looks like it can actually be pressed and the middle rear buttons are now one longer button which is more appropriate for the position. Yes the finish came off and it doesn't look all singing and dancing anymore but I don't have it for the look I have it for it's ease of use. To someone that hasn't used it, the buttons do look spread out and in strange positions but that's ergonomics, and they are where your fingers are and positions on the new one look like I designed them to be there myself and will look forward to using it. Not sure I'd like having a keypad on the side of the mouse as that's a basic square shape which isn't purposely designed to be in the correct position.

I've never played the Naga but I don't think I'd like it because I love using those inner buttons beside the wheel, they are in such a great position I don't think that I would want to go without. And I don't think I'd like to use just my thumb for pretty much every keybind.

2 questions I'd like to ask of anyone that has the Cataclysm model before I buy one.

/1 Is it the same size? I would have preferred it to be a tiny bit shorter because of the way I grip it.
    /2 How is the finish? Does it wear off as easily as the last one?

I hope you find this useful and I apologise if this has been covered in anyones post already but It's 2 in the morning and my eyes started bleeding as I moved through all 11 pages... And I didn't want to give the old 'SteelSeries FTW!' comment.

Contract