Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Razer Naga or Steelseries Cataclysm Gaming Mouse?

As I am going to be back in Wow with Cataclysm, after being away for a year and a half, I thought I would get a new mouse.
    Because I am buying it for Christmas, I thought I would get one of the more expensive mice out there.

These are the two I am thinking about:

Razer Naga Molten Special Edition
    http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.35208800

Steelseries Cataclysm Gaming Mouse
    http://steelseries.com/products/game...o-gaming-mouse

I would also like to mention that I already have a fully functioning Logitech Mx 518, best mouse I have ever had, except for the low high pitch noise.

Two questions for you:
    Which one do you think I should get?
    Considering that I have been using the Logitech Mx518 for about 3-5 years, which of the two mice above do you think would be the easiest to adjust to after having used the Logitech for so long?

razer definitely

The Razer Naga has always been overkill and tbh I think it looks ugly. Never used it myself though so I cant say if it is actually nice to use, but I woud pick the Steelseries one you've been looking at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Deleted
    I would say razer Naga. I got the original wow gaming mouse. And it sucks! Trust me. You will love razer naga!

Be smart and buy a Razer.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    kayboard bindings are much faster to press than lateral mouse binds, so i'm running with a Razer Lachesis

Defiantly the razer, its simple to adjust too also the limited edition looks bad ass imo

Went from a steelseries mouse to a razer myself.

Never regretted that decision

How about a regular mouse with 2 buttons and a scrollwheel. If you need more advanced hardware than that to not suck, then well, you suck.

Am I the only person who has had horrible experiences with razer computer mice? Every single one I have ever owned broke within a couple of months of purchase. Sure, if you send them back they replace them but it gets tiresome. All my other mice never break.

I loved the MX518 as well, but in the end it just didn't have enough buttons. I upgraded to the Razer Naga and am loving it. Being able to use my right hand for all my keybinds has improved my performance drastically. Unless you're a mut rogue, the Steelseries just wouldn't let you do that. The only qualm I have about the Naga is the grip...your pinky and ring finger end up hanging off the side.

If I wasn't fond of the Naga for whatever reason, I'd actually go with the Logitech G500. It's got the same great grip as the MX518 but with a few more buttons to play with.

Im using a Steelseries, and have never used the Naga but if the new Steelseries on is better quality than the last one they put out then i would go with it. The button placement on the new one looks a lot better than the original, even though the originals buttons werent terrible, some of them were in some odd places to reach, also the new one looks smaller and that is great. I love my Steelseries mouse but like i said, i have never used a naga. Im not sure if i could deal with all my extra buttons being placed in right where my thumb is phone style. I could see myself pushing the wrong button all the time, where as the wow mouse has defined button placement so its really hard to forget which button is which.
    Personal Rig: AMD FX-8350 / Gigabyte Windforce G1-GAMING GTX 980 / 8-GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 540 / NZXT Kraken x60

Of those two mice.. I dunno.
    If you're in for considering a third mouse, I'd go with the ROCCAT Kone[+]
    http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gamin...da1e1da36e2d24
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Razer naga epic. By far.

Razer gear is just.... epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    i bought the original steelseries wow mouse... it squeeks louder than a real mouse and is unresponsive.. after just 6 months of use... go for the razer, i wouldnt buy another steelseries product ever after the shoddy workmanship of that mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezrow View Post
    Im using a Steelseries, and have never used the Naga but if the new Steelseries on is better quality than the last one they put out then i would go with it. The button placement on the new one looks a lot better than the original, even though the originals buttons werent terrible, some of them were in some odd places to reach, also the new one looks smaller and that is great. I love my Steelseries mouse but like i said, i have never used a naga. Im not sure if i could deal with all my extra buttons being placed in right where my thumb is phone style. I could see myself pushing the wrong button all the time, where as the wow mouse has defined button placement so its really hard to forget which button is which.
    It's actually not that bad. The buttons aren't sensitive enough to press accidentally, and they're large enough that I never misclick. The box's claim that you'll have the buttons memorized within a few hours of playtime is true, at least for me. Of course, I'm a woman with skinny fingers, so maybe I'm not the best judge when it comes to button size.

Quote Originally Posted by Vane View Post
    How about a regular mouse with 2 buttons and a scrollwheel. If you need more advanced hardware than that to not suck, then well, you suck.

Do Formula One drivers suck at driving because they use 'advanced hardware'?

Please stop living in the dark ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Razer naga, im getting one myself soon
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

All this thread does is make me hate the world.

What's with all the left-handed hate? There's nothing fancy for left handed people

Using a Razer Lachesis myself, I'm really happy with it, but I'd like to give the Naga a shot anyways - but yea, I can't.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the old steelseries wow mouse, and it feels cheep, its ergonomicly less comfortable than a can of tuna and the buttons are not very systematic.
    Got the razer naga after, and its sooo good. it has a nice finished feel, buttons are easy to get inn to and feel good. I wouldent trust steel series to make anything that comes even close after the last wow mouse they made.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by zelamonster View Post
    It's actually not that bad. The buttons aren't sensitive enough to press accidentally, and they're large enough that I never misclick. The box's claim that you'll have the buttons memorized within a few hours of playtime is true, at least for me. Of course, I'm a woman with skinny fingers, so maybe I'm not the best judge when it comes to button size.
    I have the same expirience, and I am a guy with chubby fingers. alltho in the beginning i dident change my keybindings that much for all the old stuff i had ( since i had been playing with those for around 4 years and i dident really notice i pushed a button when i used a skill), but when rolling new chars now i have EVEYRHTING on my mouse and its great! the only thing thats kinda hard to use in battle are the 7 9 10 11 12 buttons, but if you put the same tings on 7 and 10 and 9 and 12 you shouldent missclick ( you can even have a macro on the 10 and 12 telling you that you missclicked while doing the ability to train you from doing it again if you want to!)

BTW the steelseries mouse feels comfortable if you press your right button with your ring finger, and take your index finger on the mouse wheel, but that was too much of a shift for me.
    Last edited by Tempus; 2010-11-20 at 11:56 AM.