Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    the cataclysm doesnt seem to be so good
    if you want a steelseries, get the xai or that one that has a k in the name

i've been looking around between the razer naga and steelseries xai for over a month, and i decided to go for the xai, the razer seems to be rather small and i want everything of the same brand (no comment) and i really hate razer keyboards, so the mouse of choice for me was the xai.

not to mention both are excellent mouses, tho itd be awesome if you could find a store near where you can try them
    Last edited by mmoc00be05b0f2; 2010-11-20 at 04:56 PM.

Depends on your hand imo, the razer naga is quite small, i tried it, but couldnt reach the buttons furthest back and it was truly uncomfortable having all those buttons on 1 finger, thats why i rolled with the steelseries one, maybe getting the Cataclysm one just for lulz

id say get the razer naga i have had it for almost a year and not had a single problem with it. the side buttons are easy access with your thumb but require abit of pressure to be pushed so no acidental keys are going to get hit, the mouse it extremly comfortable can play for hours without discomfort. The only down side to it is the coulors of the lights cant be changed (unless you have the epic edition)

I am Sniper - Play Free Online Games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goneloco View Post
    personally id say buy a logitech mouse. razer naga sure is good but imo all razers mice lack comfort and is usually to light.
    Coming from someone who can't afford a Razer mouse.... Because if you did have one, you wouldn't say that.

I'd recommend against the Razer until you've been able to get your hands on one. I found that I couldn't find a mouse grip that let me hit more than 6 of the side buttons at the same time.

As for the steelseries, I'd heard that they had OK quality on their other mouses, it's just the previous WoW mouse that was bad, but I'll still wait to find out how people like it after they've had it 6 months.

Personally, I'm using a G500 for now, and I'm happy with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valdren View Post
    Coming from someone who can't afford a Razer mouse.... Because if you did have one, you wouldn't say that.
    Because there isnt a glimpse of possibility that the poster's hand could not fit the razer mice. I have one and do think the same; there are in fact many posters here who acknowledge that you have to "get used" to razer mice because of their form and weight. Some people may not like to get used to a form that feels awkward for the first few hours.

Deleted
    Razer, considering getting on myself for Cataclysm, either that or the DeathAdder

I've had a Deathadder for a while now and really like it. I would like to get a Naga at some point as I really like being able to do things with the mouse buttons, but the cost is holding me back. To the person that said their hand hurt after using the Deathadder: yes, mine hurt, too, but it stopped after a while. I'm thinking it was because you're using different muscles to grip it.

another thing you could do is ask real life friends if any of them have the 2 mice you are interested and ask can you borrow for a couple of days and see which one you rather is what i did and personaly i rather the naga but that is my opinion

I am Sniper - Play Free Online Games

Deleted
    Logitech G700

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    The Naga helps bad players get a little bit better because they don't take the time to get really good with keybinds. There is no way that using your mouse thumb will increase your actions per minute compared to keybinds. Pro arena players don't use the Naga (because of regulations) and it doesn't impact their ability to completely own everything in sight.
    They also can't use addons, so I guess addons are bad too? Are you just jealous you don't have a Naga mouse?

Anyways I use a Naga mouse and it did take some time to get used to using my thumb for CDs and spells I don't use often(my main attacks I use my mouse wheel for). But after I was used to that it was fine for me. And the shape doesn't hurt your hand at all, fits perfectly to my hand.

Razer are awesome, I brought the Mamba for the extra buttons, then realised there was a Naga with 12 on the side .. But even so, brilliant quality materials were used, my friend brought the WoW Gaming mouse at the same time and it just felt like tacky plastic compared to the Razer one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vane View Post
    How about a regular mouse with 2 buttons and a scrollwheel. If you need more advanced hardware than that to not suck, then well, you suck.
    Jeesh, guy wants a new mouse and you personally attack him?

I have a deathadder and I love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm

Ive seen like 2 other people mention the RAT mice so far, am amazed there have not been more. OK so it might not have 9001 buttons on it, but really how many on demand binds do you REALLY need on your mouse? The only people I can think of who might need more then 3-4 would be healers for mouse over, at which point its no issue to just use a modifier. I like the RAT series in that it is not only fantastic for Wow but also for other games. OMG yes thats right there ARE other games out there. The sniper button is godly imo.

Also, I should add that I have had issues finding a mouse big enough for my hand. I have huge hands, so I end up with a 'claw' grip on them and it leads to a TON of finger fatigue, basically when the tips of my fingers are on the very top of the buttons on most mice, the palm of my hand is still dragging on the table well behind the mouse. So like I said, claw hold. The RAT's can be adjusted in length - a huge bonus.
    Last edited by Wiyld; 2010-11-20 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Razer, love mine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vane View Post
    How about a regular mouse with 2 buttons and a scrollwheel. If you need more advanced hardware than that to not suck, then well, you suck.
    Funniest thing I've heard today. Obviously you just can't afford more advanced hardware.
    OT, I've always played with Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0, and I've never regret it. I will always stick with this mouse

the wow steelseries mouse buttons is made of cheap plastic which will not be as ''clicky'' after a while but it will feel soft to push :s well, at least the wotlk one was, but i bet this one will be too
    and the lamination will wear off after some months which will make it feel sticky and uncomfortable to have your hand on

razer naga > steelseries

and yes, i've tried both ... not the cata wow mouse, but the wotlk one
    Last edited by Haavar; 2010-11-20 at 06:23 PM.

i have
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-p...e/devices/5092

best mouse i have ever used, all tho i am out growing it. one of the best things about it for me was that the pads on the bottom last forever, and moar buttons of course.

i plan on upgrading to
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-p...e/devices/7244

basically the g9 on steroids. and its wired/wireless which is cool if u game at friends houses often

i used the naga for a little bit but i didnt really like the side keypad, i returned it and got my g9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    My point was that they don't need a Naga, but you gave the sort of elitist attitude I expect from users of a mouse that hammers home the whole "Get Imba" thing to the ground. I've purchased and returned the Naga twice. I can see the appeal of freeing up the left hand to do less finger yoga, but there is no way a player can respond to 9-12 different keys with their thumb as quickly as they can with just two fingers on a keyboard.
    Yes because the distance between each key is the same right? I don't know about you but 1-6 on my mouse with modifiers is more than enough for the spells that need to be casted often or quick. Anything that doesn't matter(mounts/weapon enchants/one time buffs/etc) will go in the lower part of it.

If you can't use your thumb well enough its because you aren't used to the mouse, no surprise that you won't be able to react as well. Don't act like that is true for everyone. I think the problem here is that you weren't thinking when you binded the spells. If you're ignoring your mouse wheel then you already did it wrong, why ignore something like that and leave it to zooming in and out?

Razer all the way.
    Lok'tar ogar!