Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I do remember the time. It was fun for a while, but it didn't take long before setting up ambushes etc. wasn't that fun anymore. I had done it already plenty times. So I reverted to being myself again, and found how horrible the situation really was. It was either, be annoying or be annoyed. Great for those of us that only like to annoy people when it is fun for both parts.
    I remember well how people retreated to 'safehouses' in the wilderness, how Trade was endlessly worse than it is even now, how traveling was a great pain if you didn't have a fast flying mount.

All this resulted in a shitstorm on the forums equal, if not greater than the recent RealID controvercy. Blizzard would have been idiots to not react based on this. It is however arguable that the current Invasion is hardly great either. But on a few of my alts I have actually had fun with the elementals. When they pop up in an area I need to clean of X mobs, it is fun to fight them all together, effectively it makes killing loads of questmobs easy. And you get a nice little boost of XP from the quest from the portal. So it isn't all boredom and horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrax of the Wind View Post
    I'm pretty sure OP won't be responding to his/her thread anymore for obvious reasons.
    Actually I was at work. But anyway, I agree with the guy who said that the people who hated don't have a good sense of humor. Those of you saying "imagine if you were a noobie and the zombie event was going on," why should the vast majority(people who have been playing for 6+ months) be denied a fun event? The fact that the zombies were actual people is what made it great. This elemental invasion is nothing more than farming mobs, but wait! It's in org so it's awesome!...right?

All I'm trying to say is that I saw no one actively exploiting anything to make others game bad. It was a zombie invasion, and zombies invaded. There is no way that they didn't know it would turn out the way it did in terms of people camping portals and wrecking everything. I'd bet that the only reason they ever said anything about it is because they didn't realize how many babies would cry about it. It was a God send for people bored at the end of an expansion, and the elemental invasion is nothing by comparison.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There were griefers on both parts of the zombie event?... Hated those paladins, etc.. dispelling my debuff before I could become a zombie=/.

10+ Year Old Account

*facepalms so hard*

Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    From what I've seen, people who didnt enjoy the zombie invasion are ones without a good enough sense of humour. I had a fantastic time of it, perfect way to relieve the pre-expansion blues. What else is there that's so important to do in the mean time?
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.” - Mel Brooks

Zombie was good. Elemental invasion was okay. Both are better than the pre TBC event.

But I can see where the massive amount of disruption goes against Blizzard's Wrath goal of greater accessibility for the player base overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin View Post
    You're the one creating a straw man argument here. There were issues with the zombie invasion and there were places, such as teleport and portal spawn points, that were constantly camped by people just for the sakes of being annoying.

Both events have their ups and their downs, that's all the guy is saying.
    Zombies need to eat, lowbies are freshest. Unless you just started the game when 3.0 hit there is really no reason to have disliked the zombie invasion, and I thought everyone on here hated Wrath babies (btw I hate that term).