Sandstone Drake (Alchemy Question/Discussion)

Anyone wanna guess how much its gonna cost to make it. I've been told many different prices and I honestly wanna know how much this is going to set me back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    other shaman are in a sort of relationship with the elements.
    Goblins are more like rapists...

Deleted
    There's 8 items that cost 3,000 each, and 1 that costs 4,500. There's a couple truegold and elixirs in addition to those vendor mats, but expect about 30,000, depending on reputation discounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I heard near 30k. Cant really tell because severs very on costs of different materials.
    *Edit* i dont even know if it requires farm able items just what i heard hope it helps.

So basically, gold sink? >_>

Think its worth it?

Deleted
    bit disgusting since you can't sell it, I was expecting 5-10k really (after AH mat prices settle down)

Its totally worth it. Well, if you care about mounts, of course.
    I posted in the legendary "I found Yogg-Saron" thread and all I got was this lousy signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfyhx View Post
    Its totally worth it. Well, if you care about mounts, of course.
    Which I do... Sadly, since my tiger wont be as great as a show-offy mount in Cata now that I'll be flying everywhere, I needa find a good mount. My hippogryph can only do so much :P

A chopper that does not fly costs 12.5k in vendor mats alone. I think 30k for a 2 seater flying mount is quite reasonable.

Depending on rep 25-30k in vendor mats not to mention how ever much the elixirs/potions you need cost on your server. Have at least 30k ready to burn.

Deleted
    Well, I've heard from people on beta that you get about 20,000 gold from doing most of the quests in the new zones. Prices will also go up for most items since it's gonna be easier to earn gold. Considering the increase in how much you earn, I'd say the price increase from Mechano-Hog to this (it's at least similar) is justifiable.

Anyone happen to be in the Beta Club and know the average quest reward (in gold in the 80+ zones)?

Quote Originally Posted by Sukauto View Post
    Anyone happen to be in the Beta Club and know the average quest reward (in gold in the 80+ zones)?
    I'm not in beta but I read in another thread that dailies give 50g per quest

Edit: I see from your sig that you have Herbalism....you will be making a ton of gold from that if you wanted to farm,people will be paying huge prices to level alch/inscription at the start of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    I'm not in beta but I read in another thread that dailies give 50g per quest

Edit: I see from your sig that you have Herbalism....you will be making a ton of gold from that if you wanted to farm,people will be paying huge prices to level alch/inscription at the start of the expansion.

Hmmm so if you think about it then 50g is the new 13g then, and therefore the price of 30kg would only REALLY be the same as about 10kg?

and yeah, I'm glad I didnt get rid of herbalism like this "elite raiding guild" said I should. Def not worth losing my source of income (aka way of buying gems/chants and etc) for a slight slight dps boost. >_>
    Also, I'm xmute spec alchemy, which is always good for money :3

Gold is merely a time factor. If it's expensive it will just take longe and some people might decide it's not worth it. But whatever...

I'm much more concerned about where you get the recipe. Yeah, I know the 'will be rare and hard to get' quote from Ghostcrawler.
    I can imagine a lot of bad things...

If we get 'lucky', it will be one of these 0,01% world drops only alchemists can see when looting.
    My guess would be a rare drop of a certain heroic or raid boss/instance only alchemists can see when looting, like several jewelcrafting or enchanting recipes are since BC. Mongoose of Moroes or Ulduar Enchants anyone? I've never seen them drop once... *sad face*

Discovery ... i don't think so. Discoveries don't need bop recipes and there was one datamined.
    If it is... the market will be flooded by people selling the flasks/poitions/whatever they made in the attempt to get it.

P.S.
    On the other hand he could have fooled us and they simply add it to the trainer or some random Vendor someplace at the end of the world, like they did with the chopper/hog.
    Last edited by Liameyna; 2010-11-21 at 02:38 PM.

ill just link to a existing post on this subject http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...emy-drake-real pinkshirtbatman edited my list in the back of the page should be 98% accurate..

a moderator can lock this thread to avoid duplicates then and we can just continue discussion in the same thread ive linked

Once again updating mat list, heavily based on Dangerjoe's work earlier in the thread. (edited by Pinkshitbadman)
    Confirmed you do not make 2 flasks at a time (even as elixir speced - you do however have a *chance* to proc extras), noted guild reputation discount available

8 Sands (*3000) = 24,000
    Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial (*1) = 5000
    Vendor items = 29,000 (no rep discount available, goblin discount does not apply, guild perk discount does (Bartering, guild perk level 24)
    You will ALSO need
    • 12 x Truegold
    =====(10 x Volatile Air) x 12 = 120 Volatile Air
    =====(10 x Volatile Fire) x 12 = 120 Volatile Fire
    =====(10 x Volatile Water) x 12 = 120 Volatile Water
    ===== (3 x Pyrium bars) x 12 = 24 Pyrium Bars
    ========== (2 x Pyrite Ore) x 24 = 48 Pyrium Ore
    • 8 x Flask of the Winds
    ===== (6 x Volatile Life) x 8 = 48 Volatile Life
    ===== (12 x Azshara’s Veil) x 8 = 96 Azshara’s Veil
    ===== (12 x Whiptail) x 8 = 96 Whiptail
    ===== (1 x Crystal Vial) x 8 = 8 Crystal Vial
    • 8 x Flask of Titanic Strength
    ===== (6 x Volatile Life) x 8 = 48 Volatile Life
    ===== (12 x Cinderbloom) x 8 = 96 Cinderbloom
    ===== (12 x Whiptail) x 8 = 96 Whiptail
    ===== (1 x Crystal Vial) x 8 = 8 Crystal Vial
    • 8 x Deepstone Oil
    ===== (1 x Albino Cavefish) x 8 = 8 Albino Cavefish

Total:
    • 29,000g
    (possible to lower to 26,100 with guild rank)

• 96 Volatile Life
    • 96 Azshara’s Veil
    • 96 Cinderbloom
    • 198 Whiptail
    • 16 Crystal Vial
    (possible to need fewer mats if they are made by an Elixir Speced Alchemist)

• 8 Albino Cavefish

• 12 Truegold Bars
    OR (using Transmute Truegold)
    • 24 Pyrium Bars (or 48 Pyrium Ore)
    • 120 Volatile Air
    • 120 Volatile Fire
    • 120 Volatile Water
    OR (using transmute Pyrium and Transmute Truegold)
    • 96 Elementium Bars (or 192 ore)
    • 96 Volatile Earth
    • 120 Volatile Air
    • 120 Volatile Fire
    • 120 Volatile Water
    Last edited by Dangerjoe; 2010-11-21 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbykig View Post
    bit disgusting since you can't sell it, I was expecting 5-10k really (after AH mat prices settle down)
    As opposed to the 20k (16k after discount) Mammoth? There's quite a few "can't sell it, nice to have" goldsinks in WotLK currently, between the Hodir mammoths, the Bear, Gryphon/Windrider, and Mammoth from the mount vendor in Dal, and the Dal port ring, not to mention Haris Pilton (yes I know BC content, but the Portable Hole was added in Wrath). Yes, this is one of the few profession-specific ones, but it's still just another goldsink. Pretty, shiny, and with function, but a goldsink.

And there i was, thinking saving 35k for Cata would be enough for such things...

i just cried,

thats alot of gold