Thread: Low level pvp

Low level pvp

If this has been answerd anywhere I'm sorry, tried looking it up but didn't find anything :q

I as just wondering if anything is being done about low level pvp in cata? I'm the kind of guy that has about 50 chars betwen level 20 and 80, and for me one of the most fun things about alts is pvping with them - especially now that it gives xp. I was really looking forword to the new zones, leveling new race combos & goblins/worgens, but now with 4.0.1 pvp which was one of the things i enjoyed the most is completly messed up at lower levels. Now i know that "pvp is balanced around max level", but with the steps taken to improve the leveling excperience this seems wierd to me since it ruins a aspect of alts which I'm sure a lot of people find fun.

Deleted
    Its not being "balanced" but blizzard will be lowering the damage done by most classes in cata afaik. This will make it much more enjoyable than it is atm. Hopefully it wont be as burstfest as it was in 3.3.5 while leveling.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kore nametooshort View Post
    Its not being "balanced" but blizzard will be lowering the damage done by most classes in cata afaik. This will make it much more enjoyable than it is atm. Hopefully it wont be as burstfest as it was in 3.3.5 while leveling.
    yarp

Okey, thanks! Sounds good tbh - having to keep my level 38 priest shielded at all times to avoid getting two-shotted is annoying :q

It wasn't balanced before the patch anyway. Until lvl 60/70+ you can't really expect any sort of balance. It's basically whoevers better twinked out. A friend of mine only levels through battlegrounds and basically kits his characters out in the best gear they can get and just steamrolls everything. The major difference now i suppose is the fact that hunters/pala/warrior wont dominate low lvl bgs through raw power

Quote Originally Posted by Neythil View Post
    It wasn't balanced before the patch anyway. Until lvl 60/70+ you can't really expect any sort of balance. It's basically whoevers better twinked out. A friend of mine only levels through battlegrounds and basically kits his characters out in the best gear they can get and just steamrolls everything. The major difference now i suppose is the fact that hunters/pala/warrior wont dominate low lvl bgs through raw power
    Imo, low level pvp is a lot more messed up now than before - on my level 32 rogue I can easily one shot clothies up to level 37~ unless they have BoAs. Just doing a damage nerf would be suficent, since now a fight is usually done in about a few sec on most of my chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Spindelltrollet View Post
    Imo, low level pvp is a lot more messed up now than before - on my level 32 rogue I can easily one shot clothies up to level 37~ unless they have BoAs. Just doing a damage nerf would be suficent, since now a fight is usually done in about a few sec on most of my chars.
    Eh, personally I think it's always been like that when comparing rogues to clothies. I remember doing AV (lvl60) in some outlands quest rewards and some vanilla gear one shotting a full 60 epiced mage. Fair? No. New? Not so much : X