Deleted

Seriously Fix Deserter in Battlegrounds

The amount of bugs in bgs at the min is a jk. Most i can live with like the airship last wkend etc. but the damn deserter debuff is annoyin as hell. Seems to happen everytime in the past few wks I'm within a min or two of winning, I get dc'd, log back in within about 10-15 secs and i'm stuck with the deserter debuff and 2day it gave me the debuff then let me continue the bg without gettin xp as an xtra man as I had been replaced in those few seconds so it was 16 vs 15 in the end, which 4 evry1 else was great and they all lol'd but sucked cause i got no xp 4 the win especially when we had been losin all day Hopefully with rated battlegrounds when cata releases theyll pay more attention 2 bg bugs. I can understand y the debuff is there but it is it necessary if they r offline 4 such a short time, surely it should b if theyve dc'd more than 30secs ago or somethin.

This really is just givin me somethin 2 do while my debuff wears off but is it just me this happens 2?

Deleted
    Yep, I used to have that problem. Every 2nd bg I would get dc and when I came back I was in dalaran with deserter.
    Other times, I would be in a bg and sudenly get deserter debuff but wasn't kicked from bg, lol.

at least you get dc and the deserter. yesterday i logged and had deserter debuff and i dont even remember the last time i queued/was in a bg.

I had a problem with something like this too.. I went AFK for like 45 sec to grab a drink after dying in A AV, got reported as AFK(i guess) gave me 45 sec to get into "raid combat" so I run to a pack of alliance, get stun-locked and die before i can attack them, still have the debuff and get removed from the BG with a deserter buff.. really made me mad :<

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My boyfriend has the same problem, only it takes him an eternity to get past the load screen (sits at a full bar). Happily BG'in away then all of a sudden, BAM! DC, eternal login, back in Dal with Deserter. It's really dumb.

It happens to me, too, sometimes, but not nearly as often as him.

Checking the technical forums there was some advice given to use ipconfig to flush your dns then release & renew your IP.

I don't really know why this would fix it, but it is hard to discern what exactly the issue is, but it is worth trying, seems to have worked out for me.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Checking the technical forums there was some advice given to use ipconfig to flush your dns then release & renew your IP.

I don't really know why this would fix it, but it is hard to discern what exactly the issue is, but it is worth trying, seems to have worked out for me.
    ya, thats just some technical stuff blizz shot out to sound like its not their equipments fault when it is lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post

Sorry, that's chinese to me.