The Battle for UC Removal

I was just finishing the battle for UC questchain on my hunter, knowing it would be the last time I would ever do it due to it being removed in 4.0.3a. I was wondering what was the reasoning for it being removed from the game? I don't see why they couldn't keep it there with the lore during questing being inconsistent. Also nothing is really happening to the actual structure of UC that would interfere with the actual quests. Any thoughts?

what?! its going away? i didnt know that. I just did it with my druid a few days ago. I still need to do it on my pally, because of faction change being rly cool about quests.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bak00777 View Post
    what?! its going away? i didnt know that. I just did it with my druid a few days ago. I still need to do it on my pally, because of faction change being rly cool about quests.
    Yep. They're going to remove it, so the questline will end after you get the achievement+cinematic

Quote Originally Posted by MMONew View Post
    Yep. They're going to remove it, so the questline will end after you get the achievement+cinematic
    Yeah but why though?

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    because it wouldn't add up with the current timeline in the battle thrall is stated as warcheif so how can he and garrosh be warcheif of the horde at the same time?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orgrimmar was also a part of that chain as well and it's appearance has massively changed. Believe they used to just phase normal Org, placing in refugees and whatnot, since you still have access to the chats.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoverkill View Post
    because it wouldn't add up with the current timeline in the battle thrall is stated as warcheif so how can he and garrosh be warcheif of the horde at the same time?
    All of northrend doesn't add up with the cata timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronev View Post
    Orgrimmar was also a part of that chain as well and it's appearance has massively changed. Believe they used to just phase normal Org, placing in refugees and whatnot, since you still have access to the chats.
    I believe it's this, thanks.

Uggh I did not see this coming. Im levelling another character through Dragonblight right now and was looking forward to seeing the quest chain one last time with the culminating battle. Now that I hear its been removed (and why) I get it but Im still disappointed.

Although being reminded of that quest chain makes me look forward to the creativity of quests coming in the new areas in cata....cant wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkoverkill View Post
    That's more than likely the reason, but it still doesn't make any damn sense. We can create new Death Knights, especially Worgen and Goblins AFTER the death of Arthas, but we can't do the battle for Undercity?

They should keep it in. The reason why Thrall is still there with you? Same "excuse" as with Death Knight creation: you're in the past.