I'm trying to create panels that have borders and textures that have a diagonal gradient. For example, I'm talking about something like the chat frame in this picture from LUI (http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw38830.png). I've looked all over in kgpanels configuration menu and, while I'm able to do gradients along either the horizontal or vertical, I can't seem to find an option to use a gradient for both...or along a diagonal. That made me think that I should look for border/texture art that has the gradient built in. I even went into LUI and attempted to swipe the textures. However, they have no built in gradient.

I asked a question about this on wowinterface and I was told that gradients are never accomplished through art, but are always done through manipulation of coding (or configuration menus). I was also told that, through .lua manipulation, every kgpanel can be faded as i wish. So my 3 questions are these:

1) Is it true that this type of thing is impossible to accomplish using only the kgpanels' configuration menu?

2) Is it possible to accomplish these things by, instead, going into the kgpanels.lua and changing the gradient manually?

3) If so, how difficult would that be for a person who's never really fooled around with .lua stuff?

---------- Post added 2010-11-21 at 05:05 PM ----------

one more try for the sunday crowd.