Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool What is keyboard turning?

I'm Spanish and I've always played WoW in that language, so sometimes when i'm on this forums I don't understand some of the expresions that are used in English.
    So... What does keyboard turning means?

Thank you for your time
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    it's when you turn your character with either the arrow keys on your keyboard (and if you are playing like this you are already fail lol) or with wasd (which is what you SHOULD be using to move around in combo with the mouse)

Keyboard turning is just bad, it makes you take longer to turn around instead of right clicking the mouse to look around or to spin your character.

I'm sure others can fill you in, if i am missing something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Disconnect your mouse, PLAY!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

You should only use the keyboard to move forward and to strafe left and right, while using the mouse to rotate the screen. If you use the keyboard to rotate the screen you are "keyboard turning".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

using your keyboard to turn your character. its bad.

Holding down the A or D key to make your character turn/rotate. It takes a long time, and means you are mainly standing still instead of moving. Instead, you should be using the mouse to turn your character, by holding down the right mouse button and moving it from side to side. Faster and more efficient.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilena View Post
    ...when you turn your character with either the arrow keys on your keyboard (and if you are playing like this you are already fail lol)...
    Yeah, totally fail.

…or left-handed.

Deleted
    Oh god...another Keyboard Turning/Mouse Moving, Keybinding/Click war thread...here comes the arguements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its something bad, something you shouldnt do. Think of it like smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by loveshack View Post
    hey, smoking isn't bad
    Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Alliance! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!

Quote Originally Posted by loveshack View Post
    At least I can smoke and play wow effectively. Can't keyboard turn and do that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Actually it is not...the OP is asking for a definition because his english isn't good enough. (...as your reading abilities apparently^^)
    That's not the case. I'm just saying, people will start standing up for Keyboard Turning, saying they're comfortable with that, and then others will disagree saying it sucks and it doesn't make you pro, bla bla bla. I for one will not side with anything, but just acknowledge the fact that you should play with whatever style you feel like.
    But yes, I should've just come out with an answer to his question.
    Keyboard turning is just simply turning around with the Arrow Keys or W, A, S, D.

Deleted
    Default bind (on the PTR, 4.0.3a) for A and D has changed to strafe left and right. Nice move because this will "force" players to play/move better.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Default bind (on the PTR, 4.0.3a) for A and D has changed to strafe left and right. Nice move because this will "force" players to play/move better.
    =O
    But then what am I supposed to do when idling on my mount and slowly spinning round in circles ='[

Deleted
    probably not, many like me will change it back.

i dont keyboard turn however :P but i like it the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by Brook View Post
    probably not, many like me will change it back.

i dont keyboard turn however :P but i like it the way it is
    people who say this, I don't understand. If you don't actually keyboard turn, then when wouldn't you want Q and E available as free binds... it's so nice, close, and easy to press.

For people that use the number pad for keybinds and the W,A,S,D for turning and going forwards and backwards.

real fail in pve and pvp.

Well, turning with A and D as a healer while(!) casting heals (no, not instants) can't be counted as keyboard turning, because you lose time to click again your raidframes if you turn around to see whats going on in battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    =O
    But then what am I supposed to do when idling on my mount and slowly spinning round in circles ='[
    Use the infamous arrow keys then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Good fight Thrall, oh btw, your wife is pregnant. SURPRISE!!!