Mana problems in icc25

Hello, since patch 4.0.x i've got problems with mana in icc25. usually in patch 3.3.5 i went oom at ~10% of boss and still had shadowfiend or/and hymn to use. After patch it changed, for example today i went oom on 40%+- of marrowgar. Can someone show me where i'm making the mistake?

I usually heal with flash heal, greater heal/prayer of healing with 2 stacks of serendipity, renew, coh and pom

my armory link:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...t+into+Madness

Deleted
    use the shadowfiend every time it is up, thats how i do it as shadow aswell, it ads up to the DPS and it also regens your mana. just shadowfiend whenever it is ready. i dont have more tips for you since i never really heal.

Do you have a link to a combat log from one of your fights?
    What i suspect is that you use flash heal to much, if you actually look at the tooltip then you'll see that flashheal is overly expensive.
    It can be kinda rough to adapt to the new healing while the encounters are still in the old spiky, fast healing, model, but you'll have to rely more on your other tools and let ppl hang around 70% health more. Everyone has more health (my disc priest has 40k health and 41k mana raidbuffed), they don't need to be topped off all the time

Edit: you didn't mention normal 'heal' in your rotation, try using that instead of flash heal, its right in between great and flash and might save your mana
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    Psshhh. Like I would actually bother reading a thread.

Deleted
    Get archangel = problem solved, oh wait. healers don't smite lol.

can disc go oom? i can spam whatever I want and not going oom...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 06icb View Post
    can disc go oom? i can spam whatever I want and not going oom...

he is holy.

My main spec is shadow so I could definitely be wrong about this but from reading the different updates it seems like they want our main heal to be Heal not Flash Heal or Greater Heal. So they made both of those less mana efficient so you only cast Flash when you need to get the Tank healed right now or he'll die, and Greater Heal when you need a big heal.

Stop overhealing....

no troll

stop overhealing... or feel pain in cata if you dont change your healing ways now

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest you take a look at the "Healing as Holy" thread. It is very, very similar to your question. If you still have questions, there are plenty of people who would love to help you out

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

I tried tactic with heal as main healing spell, sometimes flash heal, almost no greater heal and as usually coh poh pom renew, bubble from time to time.
    It works, i was rather like MANA TANK, all the time 50%+ of mana, but i'm much lower on healing done tho. Should I just get some more EXP with healing or i messed something up again?

LOGS:
    1.World of Logs [only Festergut fight - Healing done]
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=2065&e=2321

2. Recount
    Code:
    [Avilen]: Recount - Healing Done for Festergut 15:48:35-15:52:58
    [Avilen]: 1. Kesha  2482729 (9664.6, 27.2%) - Rdruid
    [Avilen]: 2. Plinge  2176732 (8606.1, 23.9%) - Hpaladin
    [Avilen]: 3. Avilen  1481650 (5941.1, 16.2%) - Hpriest
    [Avilen]: 4. Alisee  790441 (3203.8, 8.6%) - Hpriest

It looks like you're using renew far too much, and that costs a boatload of mana nowadays. On that fight PoM and PoH are much lower than they likely should be. Also I'd think for 3x inhales you'd want to throw in a fair bit of GHeal and not so much FHeal. You shouldn't think that you NEED 2 stacks of serendipity to use GHeal.

Also, I think pure int gemming would yield you more regen.

Off topic: You probably want to squeeze some more haste out of your gear.

Your top heals on Festergut should be PoH, PoM, Sanc and CoH. Renew will only pop up at 3 Inhales when you switch to tank healing. Then you'll have Renew on the tank and spamming Flash x2 -> Greater until the Exhale. Then back to raid healing. Four healing Festergut on normal is total overkill though, so it might not matter.

Either way.. too much Renew. There's really no reason to be casting it on anyone other than tanks most of the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd relax on the renew and definitely use your shadowfiend as soon as it's up.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Use heal! Ahhh!

Oh and apparently there was something about using smite to heal as well? Is this just a pvp thing or is there some ligitamate reason to do this in raids too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc priests have the ability to use smite and it heals party members.

Arlee, as Tucows said Disc can heal with smite... that said... no, there's no legitimate reason to do it in raids. The heal is very weak and very unreliable. There's no reason to have those talents when you can take survivability options instead.