Thread: Yei's UI 4.0.3!

10+ Year Old Account

Yei's UI 4.0.3!

Hello fellow MMO-CHAMPION readers.

I just finished my interface!
    The interface as the title says is called YeiUI.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...1680x1050.html

All the info you'd want to know is found on the link above.

I've worked on this interface for quite some time and I might tweak it a little bit but this is the main idea, if you find any addon problems or mistakes I made in the interface
    please make a post about it in the comments. And ofcourse you can also tell me about stuff involving the interface in this thread.

I hope you like the interface and thanks to all the addon creators!

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-11-21 at 08:17 PM. Reason: edit screenshots
    http://www.theincrement.enjin.com
    Alliance - EU - Tarren Mill
    Progress:1/7 Mythic Emerald + 2/3 Normal Tov
    Recruiting:Exceptional recruits are always welcome!

What's up with the fonts? The chat is barely readable.

Quote Originally Posted by gollie View Post
    What's up with the fonts? The chat is barely readable.
    This. I'll never understand everyone's obsession with that horrible font.

Agreed, that font is terribad, it strains the eyes too much tbh. Other than that it's pretty minimalistic.

1) Everything is to small for my taste and I have the Interface Scale set to the lowest possible (If you know your binds perfectly / don't need to watch Proc's your action bar may be acceptable).
    2) The text is completely unreadable, what ever happened to plain old Arial?
    3) Recount in PvP?, Talk about a waste of resources EDIT: Just realized it's Skada, Lol Skada.
    4) Combat text isn't very pretty to look at
    5) If you spam a button you should probably macro - /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() to the end of the macro
    6) All I have for now based on the screenshots.
    Last edited by ThewF; 2010-11-21 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Holy crap @ that font

And holy crap @ your keybindings

Deleted
    Everything to small and the font oO omg

10+ Year Old Account
    well i notice that u guys dont really like the font ^_^ well those kind of remarks are good this shows me points to improve the UI with .

at TheWF:

1. well dont need to have it any bigger but i can understand some people want that, think thats personal pref.
    2. ok i get the point font is not to your liking in chat, but that can be changed also something i prefer .
    3. Whats wrong with skada? i prefer it over Recount, and pvp well it was one to show it, havent been raiding lately so didnt have any screenshots.
    4. Agree still trying to tweak it, looks a lot better in the new update.
    5. Addon to remove those messages is implented in the new update also . but agree, dont have to see that.
    6. Understood but please keep giving remarks cause i would really like to improve the UI and my skills as builder

What's the font called?

I see where you are going with this minimalist UI but I think you have missed some elements of design that stand out to me and would create serious issues for me while playing the game. Some of this is a matter of preference, but some of it is a matter of bad design. Overall, I think it's a nice UI, but one that wouldn't work for me, for the reasons stated below. I also love the colors you've chosen in Grid. They're flourescent and very nice to look at.

1) You're in AV but Grid only shows 25 boxes and no pets. I don't like to update grid every time I switch to a different raid with a different number of members; consider using a grid layout mod.
    2) The tooltip should line up with your grid in some way, from a design perspective. Similarly, I'd like to see some continuity in design regarding placement of the chat panel, the minimap and buffs, and grid. Nothing really "lines up" in a way that I find visually appealing.
    3) The font is WAY too small and the space between lines is WAY too small, such that lines of text are almost overlapping in the chat box.
    4) The action bars are too small. The buffs look very large because all the other buttons and the font are too small. This may be because it's more important to see the buffs, but why not keep them small (if that is your intention) as well and use Power Auras or something similar.
    5) There is no runic power bar, just a number. And it's really hard to read.
    6) The damage font is in the original WOW damage font text and looks out of place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alfiefive View Post

I see where you are going with this minimalist UI but I think you have missed some elements of design that stand out to me and would create serious issues for me while playing the game. Some of this is a matter of preference, but some of it is a matter of bad design. Overall, I think it's a nice UI, but one that wouldn't work for me, for the reasons stated below. I also love the colors you've chosen in Grid. They're flourescent and very nice to look at.

1) You're in AV but Grid only shows 25 boxes and no pets. I don't like to update grid every time I switch to a different raid with a different number of members; consider using a grid layout mod.
    2) The tooltip should line up with your grid in some way, from a design perspective. Similarly, I'd like to see some continuity in design regarding placement of the chat panel, the minimap and buffs, and grid. Nothing really "lines up" in a way that I find visually appealing.
    3) The font is WAY too small and the space between lines is WAY too small, such that lines of text are almost overlapping in the chat box.
    4) The action bars are too small. The buffs look very large because all the other buttons and the font are too small. This may be because it's more important to see the buffs, but why not keep them small (if that is your intention) as well and use Power Auras or something similar.
    5) There is no runic power bar, just a number. And it's really hard to read.
    6) The damage font is in the original WOW damage font text and looks out of place.

thanks for the feedback i really can use it .

ok lets respond

1. agree, just my point of few seeing as i dont need to see pets and 40 man since i aint healing and i never pvp , just do it for testing. But i can enable it all, so ill implent in the new version .
    2. yeah, im still learning my way in interface making and im trying to find the best placement for everything so ill look into that and see if i can improve it
    3. Ok ok ok, i have changed the Font and the size of my chat, will also be included in the next release .
    4. yeah, there a big bit and well buffs aint that important so i can reduce the size , so ill look into that.
    5. still learning how Stuf works and couldnt get it working and i have a extra addon for my Death Knight runes, but didnt implent it. but ill try to get the Power bar + mana bar sorted
    6. Yeah still learning MSBT, but thats something that will take some time to improve

but thanks for the feedback keep it coming

Its so extremely small :s you seriously need a 52 inch screen to be able to see what button ur hitting (no i dont have everything keybound, i click things like Fel armor/Soul link

10+ Year Old Account
    Your ui is Blank, Boring And stale.

1: Your font is very hard to read, your chat log is a mess.
    Cure: Add chat windows, one for guild/officer/Raid/Bg/Party/Wisper/RealID,Then remove them from the General frame.
    Add another window to show loot and remove all the loot options from General.
    This way you can read things you need to see like how to kill a boss or what your guild/friends are saying.
    And you can see trade chat etc, your not bogged down by every loot roll trade general spam and your raid trying to tell you to get out of the fire.

2: Your ui is simple yet stale, you should add rbottombarstyler to the ui so your spell bars dont look so bare.
    You can change the look between aion and diablo styles by default or add your own art.

3: Damage meeters are nice but you should not tailor your ui to have a spot for them, as they should be turned off in combat to not distract you causing dps loss.

4: Can't See in your picture how your showing your self target and all that unit frame jazz.
    You should give the blizzard style a better run, or xperl.

5: Whats the point of such a high resolution and large screen space when its all blank like that?
    All you basically did was take any of the art the game had out and gave nothing back to fill the blanks.

Here is my warlock.
    Rbottombarstyler, to make the bottom feel more like a game ui.
    Sexymap like you however each toon i use gets one that fits the class.
    Xperl unitframes, only downside is /focus vs right click, errors.
    Necrosis for warlocks, but this pic is old and i no longer use this one.
    Last edited by Kouki; 2010-11-23 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Added my Lock's ui.

Deleted
    Seriously, don't mess up the brilliance of Roth UI by using SexyMap (which doesn't have a single sexy layout).

SexyMap should be banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Your ui is Blank, Boring And stale.

1: Your font is very hard to read, your chat log is a mess.
    Cure: Add chat windows, one for guild/officer/Raid/Bg/Party/Wisper/RealID,Then remove them from the General frame.
    Add another window to show loot and remove all the loot options from General.
    This way you can read things you need to see like how to kill a boss or what your guild/friends are saying.
    And you can see trade chat etc, your not bogged down by every loot roll trade general spam and your raid trying to tell you to get out of the fire.

2: Your ui is simple yet stale, you should add rbottombarstyler to the ui so your spell bars dont look so bare.
    You can change the look between aion and diablo styles by default or add your own art.

3: Damage meeters are nice but you should not tailor your ui to have a spot for them, as they should be turned off in combat to not distract you causing dps loss.

4: Can't See in your picture how your showing your self target and all that unit frame jazz.
    You should give the blizzard style a better run, or xperl.

5: Whats the point of such a high resolution and large screen space when its all blank like that?
    All you basically did was take any of the art the game had out and gave nothing back to fill the blanks.

Here is my warlock.
    Rbottombarstyler, to make the bottom feel more like a game ui.
    Sexymap like you however each toon i use gets one that fits the class.
    Xperl unitframes, only downside is /focus vs right click, errors.
    Necrosis for warlocks, but this pic is old and i no longer use this one.
    To be perfectly honest, yours is not really any better.

1. Not everybody thinks that Aion or Diablo art is the ultimate way to go for actionbars.

2. Your sexymap is hoplessly ugly.

3. Not even gonna go into Xperl.

4. Not everybody is distracted by more detailed combat texts.

5. His is a minimalist UI, which means he doesn't want to see more than absolutely necessary. Although not my style, it's something that appeals to many people.

I agree with the the chat being too busy to read.
    Last edited by mmoc3ef7845c2d; 2010-11-23 at 11:00 PM.

Kouki - Seems like your UI is a bit on the messy side as well, to be honest. Doesn't your chat overlap into the side image things quite a bit?

Yeah not really much of a UI... more like a lack of one I guess, but if this is what you like then go for it!