Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

About the "Blizzard graphics department is getting lazy" complains

With all the recolored old models and other stuff many people think Blizzard graphics department is getting lazy.
    Well, check this out:
    http://i.imgur.com/8qIWg.jpg
    That's really a "I don't give a sh*t, people will not notice anyway" attitude from the graphics department
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha nice catch.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Deleted
    it's barely noticable tbh

But see the thing is, nobody will notice unless they're actually looking. And they don't care about those people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play wow for it's graphics. If i did, i would have quit when aion came out. Nice find though, i found it pretty comical.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Ha ha! Deathwing is from a pack of cards!

well it's about taking pride in your work, love to detail and always trying to improve yourself. This is more from a "I have a deadline, I don't care anyway, done is done, I will fix it if someone relevant complains, who cares about the stupid customers, they don't notice anything anyway, man I hate mondays".

ha! that is a nice find.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Nice find.

They just picked a random picture. Why would they make something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    well it's about taking pride in your work, love to detail and always trying to improve yourself. This is more from a "I have a deadline, I don't care anyway, done is done, I will fix it if someone relevant complains, who cares about the stupid customers, they don't notice anything anyway, man I hate mondays".
    You're complaining about leaf ashes or whatever they are?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed those to and I thin that it is a nice little detail that makes the game so much more fun

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Kryos. :P It should not have been too challenging to create another leaf model.
    It's still pretty comical from the "nobody will notice" pov.

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    sorry but im not sure what its spose to be can some one explain?

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    You're complaining about leaf ashes or whatever they are?
    You are missing the point. Hint, it's in the first sentence you quoted.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ashes aren't here to stay. They are only involved in this event. If they were here to stay, I think blizz would have done better.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

You are missing the point. Hint, it's in the first sentence you quoted.
    Yes, and you're ignoring everything they do in this game and pointing out such a minor detail that is so insignificant and trying to base your idea that they don't give a shit on that which is completely asinine considering the remainder of what's been designed in this game that you conveniently overlook. I mean seriously, you want them to spend more time on leaf ashes in the game... what the hell do you expect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you rather wait for the artists to spend more than 5 minutes per graphic or would you rather stop raiding ICC any time soon? Just a hint, there were several thousand graphics that needed to be created or redone. Do you want to play Cataclysm before or after we have all died from old age?

Author of ALL THE THINGS - Collections addon for Completionists

Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    sorry but im not sure what its spose to be can some one explain?
    If you create a small object like smoke, ash, snowflake, insects, raindrops you do it with a small 2d object.
    Adobe Photoshop comes with some default 2d objects to start with.

Well, this blizzard designer took this default object, and did not change it. He scaled it to the size of an ash flake and "another job well done in under 10 seconds"...

It's like you have to design a happy birthday card, go to a shop, buy a random one and be done.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2010-11-22 at 12:39 AM.

Really?

I know people go out of their way to find fault with things, but it's ash, for christ's sake. As you said in your first post, no one is going to notice anyway, so who the hell cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a piece of ash floating through the sky...does it really need an original model? Blizz has always been about reaching the widest audience (aka the most amount of different machines possible), and has focused it's efforts on gameplay before graphics. If you are playing WoW for graphics you are really playing the wrong game. The generic image used for the ash does not necessarily indicate the "I don't care....who cares about stupid customers anyway" attitude you attribute, rather it's "let's spend resources/attention on more important aspects of the game".
    "Brevity is...wit"