Dumb connected realm mistake.

I rolled myself a druid on Icecrown so that it can get stuff from my max level toons on Malygos (Ice an Maly were connected back in December). I round up some mats on my new druid and mail them off to my JC on Malygos. Just one problem. I forgot the -Malygos in the name and there is an Icecrown toon with the same name. So I mailed my mats to some random player.
    That said, I looked up the Icecrown toon on the armory and it hasn't been played in so long that the character doesn't display. So I'm guessing the mats will be returned automatically in 30 days?

It ain't a big deal as it was some pretty low level stuff. I'd just hate to do it with something expensive.

I'm also thinking that if I put my Malygos toons on my Icecrown druid's friends list they might auto complete for me in the mail.

ticket, they'll sort it out for you

Just put in a GM ticket to get your mats back.

10+ Year Old Account
    As you say, it auto-returns after 30 days...
    .....or you can make a ticket, and explain your mistake, and a GM will bounce the mail back to you, provided the guy you mailed, haven't opened it...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

If he isn't playing your mail be returned in 30 days time.

There are mail addons that will auto-complete names in your friends list not too sure about the default mail system.

Thanks. It wasn't enough mats to open a ticket over. Just some copper bars and ore for my JC to make a few low level rings and necklaces for the druid. It would take about 5 minutes to replace them. I'd just hate to do something like that for say, some high end enchants. Nice to know that the GMs would try to get them back.

I'll just wait for them to bounce back. If the Icecrown player logs in then I wouldn't even care if they kept them.

I just felt like an idiot for doing this. So don't be like me and check who you're mailing stuff to on connected realms.