Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    that allows players to scale down their character's level
    But then again, why would anyone do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the old world revamp turns out to be a popular change, theres no doubt they'll revisit outland and give that place a facelift as well

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    What new feature could Blizzard possibly be hiding behind closed doors for a contents patch, in order to combat the next years wave of MMORPGs (Rift, GW2, Tera,TOR)

The way Blizzard seem to be handling CAT, is much different than the way Blizzard handled WoTLK when it came to dealing with Warhammer online. something seems fishy here. I think Blizzard is hiding something big planned for a future contents patch. but what could it be?
    Blizzard plans to combat other MMORPG's like an NFL football team plans to combat a Freshman high school team.
    Long unlive the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    But then again, why would anyone do that.
    to have a normal run with their friends in deadmines without boosting them and without having to level new level 15+ char
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    I think I know what the new feature is.

But I need help finding the BlizzardBlue post with the details.

But I believe the new feature will be "Level Scaling"

Blizzard talked about this recently. Something about a feature for higher lvl players to scale down in power when entering lower lvl areas.

This feature would give Blizzard a great chance to make the World of warcraft, feel more like a WORLD,, with motives to explore the world for higher lvl players.

Event system perhaps to go along with the LvL scaling perhaps?

Can somebody help me find the Blizzard Blue on the level scaling please. My Internet acting up.
    This was at Blizzcon, there was no blue post.

They said it was an interesting idea that they would look into as it allows High Level characters to help their Low Level friends without impeding the EXP earnt.

Basically, if you have played City of Heroes then this will be World of Warcrafts version of the "Sidekick/Mentor" system.

Deleted
    Eo reveal EVERYTHING they are planning to release would be (imo) stupid, so, yes blizz probably have got a few little secret plans. They also hint at several things in a lot of what they say/post. If your after something thats gonna have the "OMG thats imba" factor then you may be either reading to deep into things or looking for something you wont find. Blizz have just embarked on rewritting the whole of vanilla WoW to freshen it up (long over due imo). Give them some time before you start trying to find "the next big thing", it will come in time.

Everyone was saying Aion, Star Trek Online and LotR would kill off WoW - all thus far have failed. Why? because WoW has a long standing fan base and how many (virtual) friends have you made in your time on WoW - personally alot