Hitting 80 before cata launch

Hi Guys!

More of a general question than anything warrior specific (I am a prot warrior though...) With the 20% less exp required + herilooms how long do you think it will take me as a prot warrior to level from 53 - 80 using the LFD tool?

I just need to know if it will possible for me to hit 80 before cata is released! If it's going to take more than 2 or so days of playtime (that's my max max) then I won't carry on. It's taken me 1 day 18 hours to get to 53.5 using LFD pretty much exclusively. I am hoping with the 20% boost to Wotlk levelling it will be possible.

My q times are either instant or 1 min max (have been so far anyway) so I don't have to wait around at least.

Cheers!

i will say more than 2 weeks

tbh it can be done in 3 days playtime from 1 - 80 now, so you should be able to get to 80 before the launch if you just spam dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

I did 1-80 without Heirlooms in about 4days (post 4.0)

Seeing you having heirlooms and 20% boost 53-80 should be well doable in 2 days played using questing (which i did), dungeons is slower ofc mostly cause of bad groups but if you are a good tank you can pretty much run the group yourself if the healer isnt afk. I would say it is very much doable to hit 80 before launch.

If you have the heirlooms and make sure you pick up all the dungeon quests (even if you have to do the questline) then ull be more then fine.
    I leveled a disc priest once in less then 2 days from 1-80 (with a friend) since our guild coulndt get LK25 down without 2 discs.

I really hate questing with a passion so it will be using the LFD thing exclusively.

Okay great thanks Desirie I will continue onwards then! I haven't had many problems with bad groups so far (had a few retarded healers in BRD but that's it). I seem to do 50% of the total groups damage as well which is quite nice, not sure it will that will continue in the TBC / Wotlk dungeons though.

Just got to try and fit in 2 days of gametime between now and cata then! Could be a problem....

Deleted
    HI olliewilldie, I just did this with a mage this weekend. Did 49-80 from friday night till sunday night. I quested a little bit because my queue is longer than urs but im sure you could do this faster. I had alot of free time cos I was ill so I had to cancel all my activitys outside the house but im sure it wont take you too long :-) good luck.

EDIT: probs about 1 day, 5+ hours, played time and 20% exp boost from heirloom.

I was able to get my tauren druid from 1-80 with 7 days played time in September i believe, no heirlooms or xp boost. Quest, quest, quest while your doing that queue up for randoms. It can easily be done just have to focus.

I also got my warlock from 1-72 in 4days with full heirlooms , he would be 80 now if i didnt get bored with him and Im also pretty lazy. So im pretty sure you can easily do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthmael View Post
    HI olliewilldie, I just did this with a mage this weekend. Did 49-80 from friday night till sunday night. I quested a little bit because my queue is longer than urs but im sure you could do this faster. I had alot of free time cos I was ill so I had to cancel all my activitys outside the house but im sure it wont take you too long :-) good luck.

EDIT: probs about 1 day, 5+ hours, played time.
    Ah nice that's exactly what I wanted to see. I am hoping to hit 68 by the weekend so I can go mad with the XP boost (which will be in on Wednesday I hope!)

Thanks.
    Last edited by olliewilldie; 2010-11-22 at 11:29 AM.

20% less xp is only from 70-80, so just start playing now and reach 70 asap.

Are you rested - full 1½ lvl or less?

Usually it takes 2-3 hours per level in Wotlk I think - got a 74 war at the moment, but been leveling with a mix of quests, BGs and LFD.
    Imo questing can also be quite fast, if not for all of it then just to vary your leveling a bit. I'd recommend you to get the dungeon quests if possible - they're loads of XP and usually provide ok items as well. Try to pick them up or ask each LFD if people got any quests to share.
    If doing quests, I can recommend this quest guide addon to minimize downtime:
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s/wow-pro.aspx
    Edit: Just saw that you don't like questing, but will still leave this link for you to try - or else it might help others. :-)

I can also recommend the addon Xtolevel found on e.g. curse.com
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...xto-level.aspx
    It will show you how many kills, quests, dungeons, etc. you approximately need to ding next.

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

Deleted
    totally doable.
    My 74 rogue took 3 hours to reach level 77 (almost 78). I only did quests in an appropriate zone while queing istances (which are now almost istant thx to battlegroup merge)

level 70-80 Quick dungeon run = 30 minutes = 3/4 bars, if you are rested mob give 3k each, while a quest gives around 25k exp at lvl 77