Patch 4.0.3a - The world ends this week on live servers!
Let's confirm this, yes, Patch 4.0.3a will be deployed on live servers this week and will change the world of Azeroth forever. You only have a few hours left to say good bye to the old world (and farm try to get that stupid mount in Zul'gurub) before Deathwing decides that it needs a new look. All the information and the official patch notes are available below.
Get ready for the biggest change you ever witnessed in World of Warcraft, and enjoy!
What's in Patch 4.0.3a
Sammew posted an interesting list of the features you should and should not expect in Patch 4.0.3a on the official forums. Zarhym also jumped in, and announced a 20% reduction to the XP required to gain levels from 71 to 80.
What is not in:
- Creating worgen/goblin characters
- Worgen/Goblin start zones
- Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)
- Guild leveling
- Guild achievements
- Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight
- New Zones (80+)
What is in:
- Portals in Dalaran/Shattrath Removed
- Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were
- New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
- New Gnome/Troll starting areas
- Changes to existing zones
- New cata load screens
- New cata intro cinematic
- New cata login screen
- New music
- City Quartermasters, with rep tabards
- Bug fixes
- Class balancing
- Druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset
- Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%
- New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for existing pet classes.)
Beta Build 13066 - Portals removed from Shattrath and Dalaran
Blizzard doesn't want you to use Shattrath and Dalaran as portal hubs anymore, the latest beta update removed all the portal to the cities and replaced them with class trainers.
Cataclysm / Patch 4.0.3a - The Shattering
I went through all the old zones pages and updated all of them with screenshots from the latest build of the beta (if you're wondering, that's a little more than 1400 screenshots). All these zones will be changed when Patch 4.0.3a is deployed on live servers this week. I also included links to Wowpedia for people who are looking for a few extra lore informations, etc ...
With the expansion getting closer, expect a lot of similar updates to Cataclysm articles in the next few days.
Mounts and Items Removed in 4.0.3
Official Patch Notes
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment