Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I'm excited, mostly because I hate spamming Chain Heal or Lesser Healing Wave (now Healing Surge). I hated Wrath for the fact a tank could die at any moment and I hate that feeling. I like knowing that I'll be able to use mana when it's needed then have some down time for me to regen some of it, being a shaman I'll have Telluric Currents and Focus Insight to play with.

I really hope that they hold to their word. In ICC I had 42k mana on my paladin spamming HL begining to end and it became extremely boring and frustrating. Aura raid damage pissed my the hell off (cheap tatic) and missing a gcd meant certain death in many cases. Healing in TBC on the priest rocked with downranked spells and before CoH could be spammed.

$.02
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Quote Originally Posted by Xuany View Post
    I hated Wrath for the fact a tank could die at any moment and I hate that feeling. I like knowing that I'll be able to use mana when it's needed then have some down time for me to regen some of it
    I know the blue posters have been blowing this particular brand of smoke up nervous healers' asses for a while now, but this is simply not the case with the current state of healing. Yeah, tanks don't die in 2 hits... but they will die in 4, and you'll be healing the same amount you are in ICC right now, except your heals cost a shit ton more mana, and it takes 2-3 casts to top off your tank. Short of multiple people healing the tank, you will be fighting an uphill battle trying to heal a tank. They also went way heavy on raid damage from what I've seen, which considering they also gutted AoE heals, should be fun.

The idea that Blizzard has been touting that there will be more time for healers to regen mana, and that there will be downtime seems to only apply later on when content is overgeared.

I'm all for more challenge, but this change could shape up to be disastrous. Nerfing healers and making their job even more stressful while tanks and DPS stay the same or only have slightly more difficult jobs is a surefire way to engineer a healer shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by Maronics View Post
    No, like if you got epics and setbonusses instead of questing and heroic blues. They give shitloads of spirit, even if you start to reforge it. You can end fights with full mana as a paladin. That has nothing to do with overgearing.
    and everything to do with they'regonnanerfpallyregen

lol @ people who thinks skill = waiting a bit longer to heal

healing is easier now that it has ever been in the past

less focus, less buttons, homogenization

sad that no one can see this as a buff, because it clearly is.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    lol @ people who thinks skill = waiting a bit longer to heal

healing is easier now that it has ever been in the past

less focus, less buttons, homogenization

sad that no one can see this as a buff, because it clearly is.
    Yeah increasing the mana costs on all our spells is a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1 View Post
    Yeah increasing the mana costs on all our spells is a buff.
    because they didn't increase damage mitigation across the board and buff everyone to shy of 175K HP.

they didn't do that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    because they didn't increase damage mitigation across the board and buff everyone to shy of 175K HP.

they didn't do that at all.
    You're right, they certainly did, while increasing incoming raid damage as well. It's not like we'll have 100k HP and only be taking 3k worth of raid damage..

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maronics View Post
    No, like if you got epics and setbonusses instead of questing and heroic blues. They give shitloads of spirit, even if you start to reforge it. You can end fights with full mana as a paladin. That has nothing to do with overgearing.
    That's debatable as to whether or not we'll out gear content, especially since having full tier sets with bonuses in normal content is by far out gearing it.

The thing you're not considering however is how easily they've left it to adjust if mana doesn't become an issue, which is by nerfing the set bonuses across the board for the most part.

im happy that they are trying to make it more thought intensive then spam one heal and profit, but im equally sad that itll make the dungeon finder even worse then it already is. Nothing but guild groups for me.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.