Deleted

Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%

Oh baby!

Finally I get snap myself out of the Northrend funk I've been in after levelling my 9th character to 80. Maybe I can actually get that mage from 74 to 80 this time without wanting to hang myself out of sheer boredom...!

You feel this?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    i feel you bro!!!!!

I agree. My shaman is stuck at 73. It's disheartening to lvl normally after doing the first 60 lvls with recruit a friend.

I made a good recruit. He leveled so many alts to their 50s range that I ended up with a free lvl 40 mage, a free lvl 50 Warrior and a free lvl 30 paladin lol.

I liked wotlk leveling. But i only had 4 chars so far. Btw, you only need to level your mage from 74 to 78 in wotlk when cata hits

Got all 10 of mine to 80 months ago. Just had to change up playstyle. Some I solo lvld doing quests, then my tank I did nothing but instances, and so on. Kept me going. Glad to not have to level anymore though.

Yep my shammy is level 71 haha this is perfect, want him at 80 before cata. Hoping to get bane before then to :]

Wotlk leveling was a lot better than outland and vanilla...

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know how much it was reduced from 60-70 when wotlk came out?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ownager View Post
    I liked wotlk leveling. But i only had 4 chars so far. Btw, you only need to level your mage from 74 to 78 in wotlk when cata hits
    This is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Clethius View Post
    i feel you bro!!!!!
    me2! so much!

The only problem might be this: "The damage and healing done by players from levels 1-79 has been retuned, with the base points of almost all spells and abilities reduced. This was done to bring combat times at low levels to a more reasonable length. For most abilities that deal weapon damage, the weapon damage percent now rises per level until level 80, and starts at a lower percent. "

I am sure that it shall go faster now, but not that faster as you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    This is incorrect.
    Word up. Hyjal and Vash'jir are 80+, not 78+. Cataclysm is a bit different from the previous two expansions in that respect.

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 10:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rea View Post
    The only problem might be this: "The damage and healing done by players from levels 1-79 has been retuned, with the base points of almost all spells and abilities reduced. This was done to bring combat times at low levels to a more reasonable length. For most abilities that deal weapon damage, the weapon damage percent now rises per level until level 80, and starts at a lower percent. "

I am sure that it shall go faster now, but not that faster as you might think.
    It will still go faster. Pre-80 damage is being nerfed because it's currently retarded. It will still probably be above what it was prior to 4.0.1.

Oh, i didn't know. My bad.

Deleted
    It's only 20%.
    50% would be cooler.

Deleted
    "The damage and healing done by players from levels 1-79 has been retuned, with the base points of almost all spells and abilities reduced. This was done to bring combat times at low levels to a more reasonable length. For most abilities that deal weapon damage, the weapon damage percent now rises per level until level 80, and starts at a lower percent. "
    I actually like this to be honest. At least fights at a lower level will feel like a proper fight rather over in 30 seconds.
    But thats just meeee. I like to enjoy things slowly. I doubt many will agree with me and want to level as fast as possible.

BROFIST! 100% approve this msg

my future 3rd 80 is at 75 right now, and even though i have heirloom, i cant make myself quest and all that jazz right now. I was blowing thru the zones in outland and the start of northrend, but i hit a wall.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Word up. Hyjal and Vash'jir are 80+, not 78+. Cataclysm is a bit different from the previous two expansions in that respect.
    I've heard that You can start at 78, but the mobs will eat your face. It def seems like the questing is balanced for epic'd out 80s, or alts with the 80-85 heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Walice View Post
    I actually like this to be honest. At least fights at a lower level will feel like a proper fight rather over in 30 seconds.
    But thats just meeee. I like to enjoy things slowly. I doubt many will agree with me and want to level as fast as possible.
    30 seconds is kind of long, actually. Most low level mobs die in about 2 global cool downs to anyone with a BoA weapon on live.