Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Unhappy How many of you will roll mage when Cat comes out and leave your mains behind?

As we get closer to Cataclysm it's becoming more and more apparent who Blizzard is favoring this time around. I just don't understand, but maybe that's just me. Wouldn't you want all your fans to equally enjoy the game? With all the nerfs that have come around to all classes, I sit by and wait patiently for the day that I see mage get kicked to the ground. I remember the day when people complained about DK's being over powered when they first came out, but you know, in all honesty it never bothered me. I understood that they were the only Heroic class out there. I understand completely that this game, like most have to go through changes to keep their fans interested... but at the end of the day, is the game better off with only mages? Or even Ret Pally's? Most of us have played this game far too long to want to change our main from one to another.. but it's seeming the more that these posts go on about the changes to all the classes I'm getting more and more discouraged to play my hunter, my druid or even my priest...

Does anyone else out there feel that way? That there is no balance in all these changes? How many of us will change to mages just because the dps numbers are so high? I, for one will not change my class. I'd probably quit first. Now dont take that the wrong way, I actually have nothing against mages. It's just, if I'm spending money each month to play a game, I'm going to be damn certain it's a class I want to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a long time mage, trust me, we WILL get nerfed.

My mage is not my main and I have not done a lot with him but I seem to have missed something if there that powerful now.

Please enlighten me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    My mage is not my main and I have not done a lot with him but I seem to have missed something if there that powerful now.

Please enlighten me.
    We are a bit more powerful than every other class right now, but not as absurdly OP as the OP makes it seem.

Shadow Priest > Mage

why?

Cause I can their silly snares / slows / dots / debuffs, etc.

And I can dispel their silly shield.

All while dots tick.

But hey, people can keep going on about how mages are OP. As long as they don't throw the nerf bat my way.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Everyone needs to stop crying about class balance just before an expansion. You realize that the expansion will result in a re-shifting of class balancing that will need to be actively tweaked as level 85 is hit, right?
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Caiden View Post
    We are a bit more powerful than every other class right now, but not as absurdly OP as the OP makes it seem.
    We are not more powerfull in term of DPS (ok maybe arcane) but for PvP we just have a freakin great toolset and they will give us more tool in cata (ring of frost + time warp burst)

Changing class based on the first impressions of an expansion is not exercising sound judgment. It proved to be an invalid concern in the last 2 expansions, and it's something bliz has gotten better at as time goes on, so I see no logical reason to be concerned about it now.

Contrary to your imagination OP, magi are not the golden egg you are making them out to seem. Magi have always been pretty good at what we do, but we will be nerfed by the time the majority of FotM people raise one to 80.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ice lance is now spammed until opponent is dead and it works in less then six shots sometimes. Forget about being frozen (can't remember the 31 point talent for frost) and then being crit in the mouth with ice lance.
    It's a trap!

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    time warp burst
    I am still confused on why they are giving this to mages. I understand for raiding purposes, this way you do not have to bring a shammy to every raid. However from a PVP stance, RMP is already overall the best 3's combo. Adding a Lust or Heroism to this is just insane.

Deleted
    Cat rollin'...

i beat frost mages in full pvp gear with my holy pally in pve gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiden View Post
    As a long time mage, trust me, we WILL get nerfed.
    As if.
    ROFL. Yeah, right. Not. Mage is BY FAR the most OP class right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojin View Post
    As if.

Keep telling yourself that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojin View Post
    As if.

If anything i'd say that Fury Warriors are pretty freaking overpowered at the moment. If they catch you, and your defenses are on cooldown, they can pretty much blow you up before you can say "What the fuc--"

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

I will be rolling a worgen mage but it won't be my name main I want to see the worgen leveling zones and mages is the only class I haven't successfully leveled past level 10 (except warrior which I hated).

Rolling a Mage tomorrow, screw waiting for Cata. It prob won't be my main though.

Deleted
    30k DPS with one button as Arcane. 2700 rating with one button as Frost.

nah, not OP

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Everyone needs to stop crying about class balance just before an expansion. You realize that the expansion will result in a re-shifting of class balancing that will need to be actively tweaked as level 85 is hit, right?
    First off - Thats one of the stupidest things I continue to read. "Balance at 85 but it's screwed up now. Live with it."

Sorry but no thanks. blizzard needs to get it right at all level or they should pack it up.

I don't care to level alts but a shit load of people do. It does not need to be this screwed up at all level before 85 and it's makes for bad gaming to assume otherwise.