Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahoota View Post
    The space goats didn't land until Arthas was pushed back to Northrend and the DK starting zone happened before BC.
    Yes and no. Dranei may have died on an adventure exploring azeroth, or a diplomatic mission or just to help the ongoing stuggle in the plaguelands, or on the way from zul aman. Most player DKs seem to be new ish recruits when wrath began.

    edit: @Swollen.... Gameplay? All the games have lore, it's what makes the bosses bosses and all that.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    Lore's fucked up? How so?
    The people who claim to know lore but really don't say so. Most of the people who yell and scream about how it messes up the lore whenever a change comes along either haven't read into it enough, or they are unable to grasp the fact that lore is born from a story, and a story moves on and evolves, that's what a story is.

  3. #43
    Mechagnome Miles Tails Prower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Station Square
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by deevicoos View Post
    Yes and no. Dranei may have died on an adventure exploring azeroth, or a diplomatic mission or just to help the ongoing stuggle in the plaguelands, or on the way from zul aman. Most player DKs seem to be new ish recruits when wrath began.
    The lack of explanation as to what really happened to your character is an important part of the DK starting experience. It leaves it up to the player to determine what happened to your character; how they died, and how they ultimately ended up in the hands of the Lich King.

    This is why so many people are confused about the Goblin experience because you already have an entire backstory planned out for you. There's no room to make much of your own path.

  4. #44
    Your point being?

  5. #45
    The person who inventend the idea that restricting certain race/class combination also thought that democraty is fun.

    ^Funny how many people even fight and insult others over this simple and incredibly easy to solve problem.

  6. #46
    Fluffy Kitten Tribunal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    notonthisplanetanymore.jpg
    Posts
    1,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    I think it's quite dumb and unfair that some races can be all classes but one and other races cannot be up to four classes.
    I think it's quite dumb and unfair that some races got three playable new classes while other races only got one.
    And don't tell me it's because of the Lore (which I care much about), because Tauren paladins are silly enough...
    No race has only four class options.
    You missed Draenei getting 0. That's the only think I wouldn't have minded seeing addressed, but really, what would they add?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Repellerar View Post
    What bothers me is worgen and goblin death knights. Because they aren't going to make any modification to the dk starting zone to fit the new races.
    yes but they are making extended ending for goblin/worgen dks

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    They most definitely included 2 new NPCs in the latter part of the quest series for the new Worgen and Goblin characters. That's about all they did. Those NPCs will explain why happened to you in the past, as sort of a "catch-all" attempt at explaining things.
    Well that's better than nothing.

  9. #49
    Stood in the Fire Trekk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Riften
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeekly View Post
    they say the next heroic class is going to be a healer... well its probably going to be arch druid being the next thing in line is the emerald dream.. go buy yourself a new computer guys! but what I want to be is a battlemage.. they say that the shaman/dk are already pretty much that.. but I dotn want totums or ghouls! I want pl8 armor 2h sword and FIREBALLS!!!
    Why would they just make a more powerful version of an existing class? If they are going to add a healer hero class, then monk would make much more sense. (Not saying that it will be, but its more likely than arch druid)

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahoota View Post
    The space goats didn't land until Arthas was pushed back to Northrend and the DK starting zone happened before BC.
    It can't have been before BC, we were still searching for a way to find and cleanse the Ashbringer during TBC, and the Ashbringer is cleansed during the Battle for Lights Hope. Not to mention the references in the DK starting zone to the imminent formation of the Scarlet Onslaught. If anything the DK Starting zone happens around the time of the Zombie invasion (either before or after), but before everyone sets off to Northrend.

  11. #51
    If gnomes were hunters, the pets would turn and eat them because they are too small.
    They couldn't wield a bow because bows are bigger than the gnome.
    They couldn't load a crossbow, except for with themselves.
    ...wait a minute...
    Off topic, hunters need ammo back, so I can shoot gnomes from a crossbow...
    That would be awesome.
    Where was I?

  12. #52
    The Lightbringer Calzaeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kopervik, Norway
    Posts
    3,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Night elf mages. Thats how.
    Nothing personal against your post, but I grow really tired of these posts in which the poster assumes that the lore of WoW only have the 10 classes we know.

    Blood Elven Paladins is actually an elite band of fighters, COMPARABLE to the paladins of the Alliance, named Blood Knights. For gameplay/balancing reasons, Blizz chucked the already existing Paladin class at them.

    Tauren Paladins are not really paladins eitheer. I can't remember the correct term for these fighters in lore, but I DO remeber that the name is not Paladin. For gameplay/balancing reasons, Blizz chucked the already existing Paladin class at them.

    Night Elves have always been able to use the magic schools of the Mage, but due to the incidents with Highborne, a firm prohibition has been placed on them. That prohibition will be lifted, and we get Night Elf mages.

    OT: I support the notion that all races shouldn't be able to play as all classes. After all, both Alliance and Horde have full access to the same ten classes as it is. And apart from racials/lore, all races of one faction has access to (pretty much)the same in-game content i.e. zones, rep-grind factions, cities etc.

    And to the guy/gal who said that some races can be all classes: no.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't think you're having so much a thought but rather complete mental diarrhea all over the internet and your keyboard and it's not pretty or even logical.

  13. #53
    Nvm me!
    Last edited by Repellerar; 2010-11-22 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Wrong post at the wrong time.

  14. #54
    well the new heroic class will probably mix in with the expansion that it is released with.. arch druid doesn't tank, it dps and heals its not as similar to druid as you think and if you ever played warcraft.. the next big thing to happen will be the emerald dream which is where druids take a big roll in being that they are able to enter it..

  15. #55
    Tauren Paladins in game = Tauren Sunwalkers in lore.

    Night Elves simply stopped using arcane magic 10.000 years ago, and banned the High Elves from their ranks. High Elves returned and everything is fine again.




    Every race could play every class, you'll always find a way to make the lore fit - like it's already happing for a lot of other gameplay reasons.

    Gameplay > Fun > Lore.

  16. #56
    I still want to know why there was a plate using holy undead dude fighting the scourge at the end of the DK fight though!

  17. #57
    Herald of the Titans Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Summoner's Rift, feeding Darius. >:D
    Posts
    2,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    They must be quite skilled given their size! To hide in plain sight while being the size of a Tauren is very impressive! They must wear some pretty restrictive spandex or something.
    You've obviously never leveled in Un'goro.
    *feels the hot breath of a devilsaur on the back of his neck*
    CRAP NOT AGAIN.


    Also the only reason we don't have every class for every race is because blizzard HATES doing druid forms.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeekly View Post
    I still want to know why there was a plate using holy undead dude fighting the scourge at the end of the DK fright though!
    ^Because logically and partly explained with the lore you all claim to know so well - there's NO (I'll repeat: NO!) reason for a race to NOT be able to learn all classes.

    The plate wearing holy using undead dude was most likely an Undead Paladin - like Ziliek or whatever from the Four Horsemen encounter.

  19. #59
    And the new pally mounts for the races kinda explain it.. there not just for looks they have reason why they look the way they do.

  20. #60
    all I've ever wanted was a gnome druid :'(

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •