Question Death Knight Leveling?

What spec is better for leveling, planning on some casual single-target questing

From some of the things I've read, Blood using DPS gear and probably Unholy Presence might be best. The healing from Death Strike and Blood Shield minimizes downtime and you can just dual spec into Unholy for some DPS dungeoning. Unholy Presence gives decent rune regeneration (neglecting haste) to use your Heart Strikes and Death Strikes more. Might even be possible to do some minor AoE soloing using such a setup.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2010-11-22 at 05:12 PM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

I'm currently leveling a DK and I'm really liking Blood to tank instances and 2h Frost for questing and shit. 100g Dual Spec is incredibly nice, take advantage of it.

Tanking gets you instant to few minute queues so if you want you could grind dungeons all day.

I leveled my DK twice to 85 and I stayed with Blood because I detest the down times to heal, which become frequent by level 82 as Mobs hit harder.

So it becomes a balance of continuous combat with no down time VS burst fighting and down time.

The thing is, if something "bad happens" Blood will win everytime because of survivability being much higher.

Edit with more info on Blood "Tank" Leveling: (Tips)
    Do the following:
    -Tweak the Spec for Blood "DPS". Obviously, there isn't a huge amount you can do anymore, but some changes do make a bit of a difference.
    -Wear DPS armor for your Blood Spec obviously.
    -For Presence, stay with Blood. Experiment a bit with Unholy if you want.
    -Reglyph for Damage. Make sure you take the DC and Heart Strike glyphs for example.
    -Forget your Ghoul. Ya ya, you can bring it up if you want, but I don't even waste time with it because it is down more than up.
    -Rotations are similar to the old Blood DPS rotation, which I think was IS-PS-Heart Strike Heart Strike, Death Strike - DC dump and 4 Heart Strikes. ( I used that for 2 years and am forgetting it all ready...)
    -Death Strike is your friend, use it to keep your health up.

With the above, you can go forever AND you can switch to tanking an instance with just a gear swap, even though you wont be an "optimal Blood Tank spec" because I said to take some dps stuff if you read earlier, but you can still tank anything from 80-85 if you are not dumb and collected decent Tanking Gear on the way.

With this, you will basically never bother resting or bandaging on the way to 85, and you can fight 2-3 mobs easy. Things slow down around 84-85 kill time wise, but the rest time for Unholy/Frost also increases at that time too, so its the same.
    Last edited by Mithan; 2010-11-23 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now i'd go with blood tanking also, just for the least amount of down time and you can pull bigger groups.

Deleted
    Yeah as much as i love the Unholy spec, im going to do blood with dps gear while leveling (ofc Unholy spec when doing dungeons)

EDIT: Bad Spelling