Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Why is patchday later for EU?

hi longtime reader, first poster.
    and i have a question, why is the patchday one day later for us who play on the EU realms?
    i have heared some theorys, like that there are fewer staff working on the EU servers so they need to know about any big problems.
    or the most plausible one that the time difference does that the diffrence is that big and its the only way to get it fair?

i have no clue so if you have som thoghts or ideas pleas post =)

So sorry for writnig mistakes, bad english + dyslextic =)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because the US servers are the guinea pigs for the rest of the world. If something goes wrong on US servers (as it always does with large patches) then they can have it fixed for EU.

Deleted
    Because they want to test things first on the USA servers I believe.

I think patches like this should be release in the same day for us and the USA.

Deleted
    They don't like Germans. Neither do we.

Deleted
    Pretty sure its in line with the server maintenances, but then again why are server maintenances 1 day later for EU ? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizaru View Post
    I think patches like this should be release in the same day for us and the USA.
    Same thing brooo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gielnik View Post
    They don't like Germans. Neither do we.
    Thats a little unfair, considering there are most likely plenty of germans living in america, so fail point all round.

Quote Originally Posted by ffaorlandu View Post
    Because the US servers are the guinea pigs for the rest of the world. If something goes wrong on US servers (as it always does with large patches) then they can have it fixed for EU.
    LOL you kidding?!? Same bugs on EU as on US every time. They never fix them for EU. Thats just bullshit.

Deleted
    to test things is the nice answer, it's simply to please their biggest audience base, it's like with cata going live they don't turn the servers on at their respective times 00:01 dec 7th, they wait till U.S time cause otherwise it risks anoying the biggest part of their fan base. What I think anyway, maybe i'm just overaly synical.

a liiitle offtopic since i cant find an actual answer - will there be a maintenance on Tuesday eve for EU servers when Cata comes out?

Don't complain. The EU will see the Cataclysm itself a few hours BEFORE the U.S.

10+ Year Old Account
    [tinfoil hat] 'coz GC plays on US servers [/tinfoil hat]
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ffaorlandu View Post
    Ad say this ! its like us scottish are the guinea pigs for all of englands brand new shite laws, they fling the shite our way first.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    a liiitle offtopic since i cant find an actual answer - will there be a maintenance on Tuesday eve for EU servers when Cata comes out?
    No. There will most likely not be any maintenance that week, as if I remember correctly there wasn't any maintenance for TBC or WoTLK.

Because Blizzard are bastards who personally hate you and want to make your life miserable

Deleted
    If you really wanna know why, make a Thread about it....oh wait!

I think the only reason, despite what others have said here, is purely (and simply) a time zone thing. That's it....often people want things to be more than what they are so there's some drama or controversy to stir up but its almost assuredly simply because of time zone.

And remember while its a game played the whole world yes...but like it or not its an "American" based game so of course the "home country" of the company that makes it is going to likely get the updates first.

Same thing happened with Aion -- Korea got all the release and changes before the US did.
    Last edited by Morte; 2010-11-22 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityInRage View Post
    to test things is the nice answer, it's simply to please their biggest audience base, it's like with cata going live they don't turn the servers on at their respective times 00:01 dec 7th, they wait till U.S time cause otherwise it risks anoying the biggest part of their fan base. What I think anyway, maybe i'm just overaly synical.
    Eh you know that Cataclysm does release on Dec. 7, 0:01 Local time everywhere? So suck it but we get it earlier in europe :P

15+ Year Old Account
    While they try to appease the international player base as much as humanly possible, instead of changing over BOTH sets of servers at the same time, it makes more sense to change over them in series.

By spreading out the server maintenance across different days, that way if the EU server staff has any issues they can contact the Blizzard employees and see what issues they had and compare notes.

It's better than:
    EU server guy: "HEY, I have some serious issues here."
    US server guy: "Me too, I'm trying to fix them, stop calling!!!"
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    cuz its kinda lame to have have one side of the world having maintenance while most normal people r still sleeping or at work or whatever and the other side of the world having maintenance in the middle of the day when they all want to play wow. Since Blizz hq is in us, us gets priority over eu to enjoy the massive amount of bugs and insane lagg as first