Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizaru View Post
    Because they want to test things first on the USA servers I believe.

I think patches like this should be release in the same day for us and the USA.
    Even if you end up getting your patch 24 hours earlier doesn't mean you'll actually play on Tuesdays. I recall just about every single major patch released isn't actually playable until late evening for the US, so having to wait 24 hours for the patch while being able to actually play it shortly afterward due to knowing what issues will come up is quite advantageous. So in the end instead of waiting 24 hours you actually wait closer to 12 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isgrim View Post
    Eh you know that Cataclysm does release on Dec. 7, 0:01 Local time everywhere? So suck it but we get it earlier in europe :P
    not what i've heard but if you're right awesome =)

10+ Year Old Account
    The patch is already in the game, they just need to activate it.

Imagenen they had to update the server on both US and EU ad samme day.

Then we maybe should wait longer than 11:00 am

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityInRage View Post
    not what i've heard but if you're right awesome =)
    Source with Sauce
    eu.battle.net/en/info/presale

Has been like this for WotLk, been there on a midnight sale

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    Thats a little unfair, considering there are most likely plenty of germans living in america, so fail point all round.
    We don't have to be fair, it's our country. Same goes for us when we go to Germany. <3
    - Nom Nom

They want to do it on off hours and havent managed to make the sun set on Europe and America at the same time yet.
    There would be more whine if EU got it at the same time since then the servers would be offline during peak hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isgrim View Post
    Source with Sauce
    eu.battle.net/en/info/presale

Has been like this for WotLk, been there on a midnight sale
    ah awesome ty =) still being from the uk this mean the server should be up an hour before midnight for me lol cheers for link though.

I have no problem getting the patch a day later.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine it's mainly due to the time difference between the US and Europe; the patches would either be the middle of the night for the US (meaning they have to work during the night) or during the evening (heaviest playing time) for EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoEU View Post
    Same thing brooo
    What is the same thing? I dont get it brooo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte View Post
    I think the only reason, despite what others have said here, is purely (and simply) a time zone thing. That's it....often people want things to be more than what they are so there's some drama or controversy to stir up but its almost assuredly simply because of time zone.

And remember while its a game played the whole world yes...but like it or not its an "American" based game so of course the "home country" of the company that makes it is going to likely get the updates first.

Same thing happened with Aion -- Korea got all the release and changes before the US did.
    but but but but... Isn't Blizzard french? I hope so or i might have to get out of my cave :-/ And it's cozy here...

Edit: It's american, fucking american. Damn. Makes it so harder to say "USA never did anything for me more then Mcdonalds!"

Cause US is better then everywhere else and we run the world...
    In all serious though don't more US players play then and other region so only makes sense to appeal to the larger demographic.