Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Removed bans on official forums

The new battle.net WoW forums are up and all permanent bans have been cleared. So this is your 2nd chance to behave. Screw up again and you'll be back to MMO-Champion.

So is anyone going back to the official forums ?

10+ Year Old Account
    hurray!! well i know i wont be posting no ,fleshligh and Wotlk expansion on amazon from fail blog pic, ever again!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they'll have the old ban list finally ported over to the new site before Dec 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by Megavolt View Post
    I'm sure they'll have the old ban list finally ported over to the new site before Dec 7th.
    Nope. All previous bans are removed. Everyone that was banned gets a second chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    The new battle.net WoW forums are up and all permanent bans have been cleared. So this is your 2nd chance to behave. Screw up again and you'll be back to MMO-Champion.

I have no use for the official forums. I have no use for forums that don't let you say how you feel without having to worry that they will see it as trolling, flaming, whatever the lingo.
    MMO-Champion for life. Also, shit fuck hell damn bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Nope. All previous bans are removed. Everyone that was banned gets a second chance.
    This is true but you will still get banned for the silliest of things.

Neth is currently deleting posts and banned anyone that says anything against this post:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083750581

It's the thank you, blizzard post if you want to go there yourself.

My brother got a 3 day ban (who was perma banned from the old forums) for saying,

"Reason:

"I can't understand why any sane person would come to a public game forum and post something like this."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    This is true but you will still get banned for the silliest of things.

Neth is currently deleting posts and banned anyone that says anything against this post:

It's the thank you, blizzard post if you want to go there yourself.

My brother got a 3 day ban (who was perma banned from the old forums) for saying,

"Reason:

"I can't understand why any sane person would come to a public game forum and post something like this."
    too long did not read...but the posts did seem overly positive for no reason....can you give me a short summary of what the guy was talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by toho View Post
    too long did not read...but the posts did seem overly positive for no reason....can you give me a short summary of what the guy was talking about?
    You'll have to go read it. It's one of the silliest things to post on any game forums. It's like trying to incite a riot on a game forum. I'm shocked thats not reason to be get banned.

I'm amazed the post was even made now that I think about it. It's just asking for trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't come here because I got banned from the official forums.

I came here because the official forums are gay :-D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    I didn't come here because I got banned from the official forums.

I came here because the official forums are gay :-D
    lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never been banned here for disagreeing with someone. Nor have I ever been banned here for asking why a certain bug isn't fixed. Never been banned here for having a conversation where I didn't agree with a green post. Shall I continue?

There is a difference in being a troll, and disagreeing with something. If you can't see that you are an idiot.

mmo-champion not only has better moderation, it looks so much better than the crap forums. We have an 8 page forum post asking for better text because it hurts the eyes. Do you know how many blue replies? ZERO. They don't give a shit. Here they even ask for input about site changes.

No this site is better in every single way.

Doesn't matter people get banned for being *against* what is said, so basically they are trolling, they would get banned here as well.
    So I am trolling because I disagree with you? Wow, how will you people make it in the real world. On my research team when someone has a disagreement I don't say "that's it, you are out." That would be stupid. Instead I talk with them and we figure it out together. Only the incredibly childish, or the incredibly stupid think that anyone who disagrees with them is wrong.
    Last edited by lunaspike; 2010-11-22 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted

at the upper right corner of each post there, you can see its serial number (#5, e.g.)
    look how many numbers are missing!
    i wonder, if they all got deleted by the mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It's a nice story, not everyone is 12 and thinks girls have cooties.
    My wife would disagree. She says they all have cooties.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    I have never been banned here for disagreeing with someone. Nor have I ever been banned here for asking why a certain bug isn't fixed. Never been banned here for having a conversation where I didn't agree with a green post. Shall I continue?

There is a difference in being a troll, and disagreeing with something. If you can't see that you are an idiot.
    Man you hit the nail on the head with blizzards problem. They have no clue what the difference is.

Post something in that Thank you, Blizzard thread that is in disagreement with the actual OP or stating why it shouldn't be there and see how fast you get banned or deleted.
    Last edited by quras; 2010-11-22 at 07:50 PM.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    You'll have to go read it. It's one of the silliest things to post on any game forums. It's like trying to incite a riot on a game forum. I'm shocked thats not reason to be get banned.

I'm amazed the post was even made now that I think about it. It's just asking for trouble.
    The only people it would "incite a riot from" are children like you with your head shoved so far up your ass, you lack a grasp of common decency.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post

i am being very well behaved ^^

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post
    The only people it would "incite a riot from" are children like you with your head shoved so far up your ass, you lack a grasp of common decency.
    Maybe you can enlighten me on what was indecent?

Asking someone why they would make that kind of post is now indecent? Damn my brothers ability and his question asking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mila View Post
    at the upper right corner of each post there, you can see its serial number (#5, e.g.)
    look how many numbers are missing!
    i wonder, if they all got deleted by the mods?

Wait a minute you are surprised by that? I mean we are talking about a forum where they actively delete anything negative. They delete bug reports, they delete people that disagree with fanboys, they delete posts that disagree with "positive" posts. How can you be surprised by this kind of thing at all?

They had a post recently that said "why are deleting so many posts blizz" and then gave examples of how posts that were constructive, and polite were being deleted. It was up for about an hour and got some good responses. Then guess what happened? Yep, it was deleted.

Get used to it. If you post on that forum, be prepared to receive a ban. Oh, and I can post there. I'm not banned, but I choose not to because it's stupid. To the OP take your fanboy attitude back there please.

Asking someone why they would make that kind of post is now indecent? Damn my brothers ability and his question asking.
    Please don't, I very much doubt that poster has any concept of what the word "decent" even means.

Its not really the kind of thing you post on a gaming forum but theres no reason it should be deleted

Trolling it simply because you're a virgin with no concept of the opposite sex on the other hand, is most definitely bannable and I highly support any bans from that thread

They delete bug reports
    They've always done that, especially when it's an exploitable bug. It's to prevent it from spreading.

The rest of the issues, keep in mind it's a private forum, thus freedom of speech is void. The blizzard forums are lax compared to many of the other game forums I've been on.

I've moderated several large forums in my time (current one is over 11K members with over 7K active), and it's honestly a thankless job and keeping the overall peace requires pissing people off as you can't please 100% of people 100% of the time. With forums as large as theirs, I don't blame them for being much more lax on how easy it is to get banned...

mmo-champion not only has better moderation, it looks so much better than the crap forums. We have an 8 page forum post asking for better text because it hurts the eyes. Do you know how many blue replies? ZERO. They don't give a shit. Here they even ask for input about site changes.

No this site is better in every single way.

So I am trolling because I disagree with you? Wow, how will you people make it in the real world. On my research team when someone has a disagreement I don't say "that's it, you are out." That would be stupid. Instead I talk with them and we figure it out together. Only the incredibly childish, or the incredibly stupid think that anyone who disagrees with them is wrong.
    I've disagreed vehemently many times on the official forums. Moreso than I do here, because I feel a lot more free to express myself there than I do here. I've never gotten so much as a warning.

Anyone who says you get banned there for simply disagreeing is either unlucky, was already on Blizzard's list of people to watch more closely, or isn't telling you the full story.

Edit: Furthermore..

The last 5 bug reports I reported can still be found in the bug report forum.

No thread I've ever started there has been deleted.

Posting about deleted threads is explicitly forbidden on their forums, so it's no shock that they would delete such a thread, no matter what responses were generated.

On the other hand, I've never seen threads on the official forums locked for not being placed in the appropriate sticky, when no such sticky exist; I distinctly remember a few such threads like that in the MMO paladin forums.

Don't get me wrong, I like MMO well enough; there are some good people here, and I enjoy reading these forums. But you're greatly exaggerating the situation.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2010-11-22 at 08:14 PM.