Deleted

blacklisting noreply@blizzard.com, does it work to stop spammers?

now, i checked and rechecked, and the address "noreply@blizzard.com" isn't one used by Blizzard (i believe they use one of these: http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/contact.html). so can i safely block any emails coming from "donotreply@blizzard.com" or "noreply@blizzard.com"?

maybe something even more advanced: I want to block all emails that end in @blizzard.com, but don't come from any of the following mail servers:

Code:
    • Blizzard US DNS: ob3.blizzard.com IP: 216.148.0.68 Blizzard EU DNS: eu-smtp02.blizzard.com IP: 80.239.172.105 Or DNS: eu-smtp01.blizzard.com IP: 80.239.174.216 Blizzard insider DNS: info.cme.vugames.net IP: 12.129.240.41 Or DNS: email.blizzard.com IP: 12.129.200.219
    these are the mail servers that are officially used by blizzard, i doubt anyone can send a mail like it comes from these servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    In theory, it would work. In practice, nearly any part of the email header can be spoofed. Also in practice, not many spammers bother spoofing anything but the From Address.

Deleted
    but what about my second part: is it possible to block all mails from a certain domain that aren't from one of those 5 IP addresses?

15+ Year Old Account
    That totally depends upon your email system.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://min.us/mFMy5yOvn9sYJ

All of those are legit blizzard emails. Yes, I've been hacked before. I put dates to show that they have been used recently, the october third was a friendly reminder to let me know blizzard wanted more money from me

edit: all of the 'noreply' are from 'noreply@blizzard.com'
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right