Fast track and realm first achievements

This came to my attention when I went on MMOChampion today :

What is not in:
    Creating worgen/goblin characters
    Worgen/Goblin start zones
    Archeology
    Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)
    Guild leveling
    Guild achievements

Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight
    New Zones (80+)
    Does this mean the Guild Lving and Guild Achievement system will only be live when cata is out (aka dec 7th)?

If so there's a really big injustice to all people racing for server first who are not in big guilds : Fast track.

Fast Track Rank 2
    Experience gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 10%.
    If the system is live when cata is out, that means the only xp your guild will have comes from achievements.

For example a guild with all legendaries will have all the guild achievements + the get 1/3/all legendaries and will gain a large amount of xp from it, allowing them to gain Fast track rank1 (5%xp) or even Fast track rank2 (10%xp) as soon as cata is live (cant find anywhere the mount of xp an achievement gives, if someone with beta can look it up...)

How is it fair to race for server first against people with 10%xp bonus ?

I always thought regarding this that blizzard would make the guild leveling system live in 4.0.3a, allowing everybody to level up their guild to lv6 in order to get that 10%xp bonus.

I looked on the forum and never saw a thread about that issue, am I the only one concerned with that ?

My apologies if I misunderstood something or if there's is something I don't know preventing people from getting that buff before hitting 85.

There is a cap on how much a guild can earn in exp one guild can earn each day.

If someone is so concerned about realm first I am pretty sure they also can leave their current guild for two days (thats what it probably will take to reach 85) and join a bigger guild. The problem you describe is not really a problem.

There is a cap on how much a guild can earn in exp one guild can earn each day.
    Guild experience from achievements does not count towards the daily cap.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...000&pageNo=1#8

If someone is so concerned about realm first I am pretty sure they also can leave their current guild for two days (thats what it probably will take to reach 85) and join a bigger guild. The problem you describe is not really a problem.
    So your answer is "if I want to race for server first I have to beg a bigger guild to take me for leveling" (meaning one more rival for server first, meaning I will have to spend a lot of money in order to be accepted...)

woah nice, you're right it's not really a problem...

How about the fact that those achievements require a certain rep level with your guild to even obtain? You have to be revered (if I remember correctly) for the guild to actually get the achievement for having the legendaries.

There is a cap on how much gxp a guild can get through daily tasks like guild groups, leveling, etc. There is NOT a cap on how much gxp a guild can earn daily from achievements (since they are 1 time only would completely waste the gxp if you earned one after hitting the daily cap.) The cap is in place to keep smaller guilds and larger guilds on equal footing; ie, 200 people leveling to 85 in 2 days would net way more than 10 people leveling if there were no cap. They didn't want that to be the case.

My suggestion is to get guild members (either not racing to 85 or not able to upgrade their accounts yet) to go run old dungeons/raids, etc to earn guild achievements so you can get the leveling perks faster. I do wish that we had 2 weeks to go ahead and work on those things since the only other things for us to do are quest and explore for two weeks...

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Truefacts View Post
    How about the fact that those achievements require a certain rep level with your guild to even obtain? You have to be revered (if I remember correctly) for the guild to actually get the achievement for having the legendaries.
    Ahh, yes, this too. And no one should have an advantage in gaining guild rep.

ok thx for the info didn't knew that!

So can anyone with beta confirm wich reputation you need with your guild in order for the achievement to count?

Server firsts are petty and meaningless anyway. Blizzard took out titles for them this time around to emphasize that truism. Most realms will be done with realm first before that guild perk is earned by anyone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Boin View Post
    ok thx for the info didn't knew that!

So can anyone with beta confirm wich reputation you need with your guild in order for the achievement to count?
    Currently, it is Revered that is required for your Legendaries to count towards the Legendary gachievements. I got this information in vent from my GM while he was logged into the Beta realms. There is of course still time for things to change... but it probably won't.

ok so the achievements is not a problem.

But what about the guild xp you make while lving ? I assume running BRC and questing gives your guild xp (?), meaning bigger guilds will get to lv2 faster and get the 5%xp before everybody else... or maybe there's a reputation needed in order to give your guild xp?

Sry guys I don't have beta and I really want to understand how this fast track thing works...

So your answer is "if I want to race for server first I have to beg a bigger guild to take me for leveling" (meaning one more rival for server first, meaning I will have to spend a lot of money in order to be accepted...)

woah nice, you're right it's not really a problem...
    If you want to race for server first you need to give up many more things than a guild for a couple of days. Like sleep, real life stuff, school / work and you need to spend a lot of your time planning your quest path, or finding grinding spots. Getting into a big social guild doesn't require gold. So still, leaving a guild for a couple of days is not really a huge deal. I would rather see this as just a little extra boost for those who is really into realm first rather than seeing it is a problem.

If you claim it is unfair, then why not forbid "out of group" healing.. and flasks(as spending money is a bad thing according to you).. and other things you can do to speed up leveling. Guilds is a part of the game, it is not unfair as everyone is treated the same. Also people who been on beta could possible have information that you don't about the leveling, and that would be even more unfair.. wouldn't it? The list is long of things that could be considered unfair.. and in the end as long as you don't use exploits or hacks I wouldn't call it unfair.

Deleted
    *sigh*

There's been tons of posts about how guild leveling works, tons of posts about guild achievements, tons of posts about leveling to 85 as fast as possible... and you haven't understood a single word of it.

I reposted a guildforum post a while ago, it's at

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...23#post9392823

so go read that. It will answer most of your questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    *sigh*

There's been tons of posts about how guild leveling works, tons of posts about guild achievements, tons of posts about leveling to 85 as fast as possible... and you haven't understood a single word of it.

I reposted a guildforum post a while ago, it's at

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...23#post9392823

so go read that. It will answer most of your questions...
    It didn't answer any... It just confirms what I said : bigger guilds will lv up faster and get perks faster, including fast track.

Meaning a guy running for server first in a big guild will have more chance to succeed than someone guildless or in a smaller guild.

Gaining levels:
    Every time you complete a quest, you give the guild the same amount of xp. If you get 10.000 xp, the guild gets 10.000 xp, at no cost to you. Every time the guild earns a guild achievement, we get a number of xp. How much depends on the achivement. There is a daily cap on how much Guild XP we can earn. This is put in place to NOT promote bigger guilds over smaller guilds. With no cap, a guild of 500 people would reach max level in a week, where a 10man raiding guild would take months. More people only means it will be easier to reach the daily cap. Currently the cap sits at 6.246.000 xp per day. For the first few levels, that means we'll ding once every 3-4 days, provided we reach the cap every day. The cap resets at the same time as the Daily Quests and (not confirmed yet) counts from whatever amount the guild currently has.
    A bigger guild will get the daily cap faster and so get to lv2 faster than a smaller guild and get the 5%xp bonus faster.

thx for contributing anyway ambrodel, even if what you said was stupid it's still nice to have people post...

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 10:27 PM ----------

ok so wowpedia says :
    xp required for lv2 : 16,570,000xp

elitistjerks says :
    daily guild xp cap : 6,240,000xp

so discussion closed, thx guys you didn't help at all (except tilgare)

Deleted
    It didn't answer any... It just confirms what I said : bigger guilds will lv up faster and get perks faster, including fast track.

Meaning a guy running for server first in a big guild will have more chance to succeed than someone guildless or in a smaller guild.

A bigger guild will get the daily cap faster and so get to lv2 faster than a smaller guild and get the 5%xp bonus faster.

thx for contributing anyway ambrodel, even if what you said was stupid it's still nice to have people post...
    Wait, what? You read my entire post, you even quoted the level part, and you STILL don't get it?

read it again: There is a daily cap on how much Guild XP we can earn. This is put in place to NOT promote bigger guilds over smaller guilds.... More people only means it will be easier to reach the daily cap.

I don't know how it can be made any clearer? Yes, bigger guilds will make it to the daily cap FASTER than smaller guilds, but once there, they are STUCK AT THE CAPPED AMOUNT! The difference on Day 3 of Cataclysm will be next to nothing. Bigger guilds hit Level 2 early in the day, smaller guilds later. By that time, those racing for Realm First will be so close to 85 that IT WILL NOT MATTER!

Do you get it now or are you really just plain stupid and can't see what's right in front of you? No, wait, ignore that question. You are, since you missed all the hundreds of other posts about this very topic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about "Server First level 85 <class>" or anything, but I know Blizzard is not making Ach for "Server first level 85 <Race>"

edit. This is so people can do paid race change on day 1 to a Goblin/Worgen without being able to ninja the ach from someone who is starting at level 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow you have a terrible attitude Boin. People contribute to the discussion, but you refuse to hear it. I guess you're right, discussion closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Do you get it now or are you really just plain stupid and can't see what's right in front of you? No, wait, ignore that question. You are, since you missed all the hundreds of other posts about this very topic...
    Plz dude don't make this personnal, this is not a pissing contest and nobody cares who's king of the mountain...

You don't seem to understand that one side of the problem was not the daily cap, wich is only important if it's smaller than the amount of xp needed to get your guild to lv2. The problem is not that there's a daily cap but that this cap was bigger than the amount of xp needed to get fast track so guild won't get it on the first day.

The other part of the problem was that nobody really knows the reputation needed for each achievement to count.

but don't feel bad, I'm sure all of Cynabal-Bladefist-EU is behind you and that must count for something!

Deleted
    The problem is not that there's a daily cap but that this cap was bigger than the amount of xp needed to get fast track so guild won't get it on the first day.
    That made no sense at all. The cap has always been far less than what going from Level 1 to Level 2 required. I even state that in my linked post, it will take 3-4 days for the first few levels, after that it takes longer...

The other part of the problem was that nobody really knows the reputation needed for each achievement to count.
    Honored for most, Revered for the hard to get.

but don't feel bad, I'm sure all of Cynabal-Bladefist-EU is behind you and that must count for something!

They are. Thanks for your concern...