Poll: Not being able to race change is

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by depthnight View Post
    clearly u didnt read my blue post above
    I just learned about this today as well. I guess my dreanei will have to sit in Aerie Peaks a little longer and it SUCKS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see what you did there, but seriously does not matter wait till the 7th... cause that is so far away

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @Deyadissa: Other race/class combinations will be available to all players once the shattering of Azeroth takes place shortly before the release of Cataclysm.
    From; http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/111...page-comments-

I can quote blues too.

And before you say "nuh uh", read the context of the thread, which at that point was entirely about paid race changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @Deyadissa: Other race/class combinations will be available to all players once the shattering of Azeroth takes place shortly before the release of Cataclysm.
    From; http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/111...page-comments-

I can quote blues too.

And before you say "nuh uh", read the context of the thread, which at that point was entirely about paid race changes.
    I was confused by exactly that quote. And today I found out that I won't be able to be a holy cow and just kind of stumped...
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

No big deal to me. I'm looking forward to leveling in the changed zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot the option "I don't care". I'll be unlikely to change any of my characters to the new race/class combinations anyway, unless I change my mind further down the road. The only thing I'll be changing is my night elf hunter to a troll.

your poll has horrible choices. why don't we get a who the hell cares, you'll race change when you race change option

So apparently blizz agrees that this arbitrary limitation makes absolutely no sense at all:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/11/22/bl...ce-class-comb/
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

Deleted
    "How about race and faction changes? Will I be able to change my Mage from Human to Dwarf right whne it comes out? Or will we have to wait a certain period of time before the new race options become available?

TC: They'll be able to do that right away. So for any of the combos that are available, we currently expect players to be able to do the race change into those as soon as The Shattering happens."

First page, The interview with Tom Chilton.
    Isn't the Shattering patch 4.0.3a?

yeah, but the blues weren't really sure themselves. yesterday a blue poster said that paid race change to dwarf mages f.e. would only be available once cata hits.

xheouls guide to wow.

Make a habit out of NOT reading any further into threads with Blue posts? The posts you quoted were from over a week ago and most have known since then that they were available with 4.0.3a. That thread also stated that the combos were available to create but not paid service change. They were confirmed today and yesterday to be available for paid race change with the Shattering patch.

So recap: 4.0.3a later today means you CAN create AND pay to have one of the new class/race combos EXCEPT for Goblins and Worgens. You never had to wait until Cata to create one and it's been confirmed that you don't have to wait to change one either now.

/end thread.
    Last edited by Cerus; 2010-11-23 at 08:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

As Cerus states above, a later post in that thread (specifically this one) confirms you can now do a paid race change instantly, come 4.0.3a. So, after the patch rolls around, you can change to or make a new character of any of the viable race/class combos. Except Goblins and Worgen of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cybermind View Post
    As Cerus states above, a later post in that thread (specifically this one) confirms you can now do a paid race change instantly, come 4.0.3a. So, after the patch rolls around, you can change to or make a new character of any of the viable race/class combos. Except Goblins and Worgen of course.
    I believe that update to the post was due to the update in the interview posted on the front page here yesterday afternoon or the other way around - either way it was confirmed in fact twice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.