Deleted

What to replace my heroic strike button with ?

I have been a warrior tank since beta, i recently started playing a bit again on my prot warriors to find out they made Heroic strike a instant on cooldown, consuming a fair chunk of rage (more then i want to loose in alot of situations)

It has always been bound to my thumb button on the mouse religiously spamming it during my tanking, since rage was hardly a issue and we replaced as much white hits for heroic strikes as possible. But now i still tend to do it, but running out of rage, and therefore taking a hit on my TPS.

Now the most logical step would be to say stop using the button, but it goes very much out of habit, now im just wondering what would be the best to just rebind another spammable ability there, something like revenge of devastate, or just tape my finger to my hand.... :/

If anyone has any suggestions to put there as ability, i havent really found the right one yet.

revenge
    Hi Sephurik

If talented for it Heroic Strike is still a very important part of your rotation, but also requires the rage to use it and thus requires more thinking. The census atm for Single Target tanking ( this is just attacks not talking debuffs ect.)

Shield Slam > Revenge > Heroic Strike > Devastate (filler)

of course you'll be using SS as soon as it comes off CD and every S&B proc.
    I also don't recommend using Shield Block right away, I usually use it my second time I can use SS either coming of CD or off proc. Maximizing S&W procs is really your main focus. Also if talent right Heroic Strike can do some nasty damage and with Incite you get another crit it's next use.

I thank Blizzard for their stance against Carpal Tunnel.

But seriously, you will still have enough buttons to push, just no button to really 'spam' anymore. Keep your HS-key as HS, but use it around 60rage.

Also, the change on HS isn't even noticable that much if Blizz keeps making slow tanking weapons. 2.6s -> 3s is not that big a gap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Also, the change on HS isn't even noticable that much
    of course it is. because now you have HS's and white hits, yay!

on topic: reforge to mastery, spec shield specialization, enjoy your still close to infinite rage and keep HS'ing/Cleaving.

Deleted
    you replace the button with a macro

/startattack
    /cast heroic strike

... not like you dont have enough rage in raids and in 5man whats the point of HS if you can cleave?
    you can skill HS critchance aswell as the followup crit and HS is just as strong as shieldslam without CDs and has more aggropotential after the changes (i think, not sure)

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    of course it is. because now you have HS's and white hits, yay!

on topic: reforge to mastery, spec shield specialization, enjoy your still close to infinite rage and keep HS'ing/Cleaving.
    ^ On most fights rage should not be a problem. Just bind HS to something comfortable say a mouse button.

I bind HS to my mousewheel down and then just spin my mouse wheel constantly on boss encounters. It's strangely therapeutic and means I never miss a HS.

HS is still my #1 damage ability on all bosses by a fair margin.

That may change if rage becomes more scarce, but atm on any ICC encounter the tank is going to be running around with a full rage bar consistently.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Incite + War Academy is very tasty. Side mouse button for me personally, but each to there own. Even with the devastate and shield slam changes, HS TPS should still be strong.