Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Yeah, but Proudmoore was the one that made Garrosh's rise to power possible. He paved the way for the hatred the Orcs of Orgrimmar harbor for the Humans that in their eyes are hogging all the best lands and still craving the nigh-dead deserts the Horde had been 'pushed' into.

The older generations of course understand this was Thrall's way of saying "We're paying for our sins." The Alliance however doesn't understand or acknowledge it.
    Agreed. Also Jaina for as long Thrall was in charge she was netural towards the Horde in Kalimdor.
    Now all of a sudden that Garrosh is the new warchief , we see a huge road that leads from Theramore Isle to the Barrens ( O_O ) , and A LOT of human forces/keeps in Kalimdor also from Theramore ( aka Jaina ).

I mean wtf ;S She wanted to have peace and now she acts like that?

I think it's pretty ridiculous to call the Alliance more racist than the Horde. Both factions have races that either hate the opposite faction or just don't care.

It's also worth pointing out that basically everything Varian has been saying about the Horde comes true in Cataclysm. The Orcs want to either crush or subjugate the Alliance, and the whole world (including Drek'thar) would be a lot happier and safer if Varian had finished the job in the Undercity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal View Post
    Agreed. Also Jaina for as long Thrall was in charge she was netural towards the Horde in Kalimdor.
    Now all of a sudden that Garrosh is the new warchief , we see a huge road that leads from Theramore Isle to the Barrens, and A LOT of human forces/keeps in Kalimdor also from Theramore ( aka Jaina ).

I mean wtf ;S She wanted to have peace and now she acts like that?
    It's baffling indeed. I guess we'll see how it plays out. Maybe she's just scaret witless of what Varian would do to her if she disobeyed. I mean she did get him to rage just by pointing out he's not a perfect ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    It's also worth pointing out that basically everything Varian has been saying about the Horde comes true in Cataclysm. The Orcs want to either crush or subjugate the Alliance, and the whole world (including Drek'thar) would be a lot happier and safer if Varian had finished the job in the Undercity.
    And killed Thrall? The one person who would be capable of holding back the Horde?

Back then, there were skirmishes, and a betrayal of both the Horde and Alliance. Now the world's faced with an all-out war.

Again, small losses vs. huge losses from two fronts (Horde and Twilight's Hammer). The logic is astounding.
    Last edited by mmoc8b3023a1c1; 2010-11-23 at 05:32 PM.

And killed Thrall? The one person who would be capable of holding back the Horde?
    I meant stopping the Forsaken, not killing Thrall.

Incidentally Thrall has given up on 'holding back' the Horde.

I refused to read more than the topic title, because the first thing that came to mind was "Mostly Harmless."

And, to be honest, that stings my pride somewhat.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Deleted
    I meant stopping the Forsaken, not killing Thrall.

Incidentally Thrall has given up on 'holding back' the Horde.
    Oh yeah, stopping the Forsaken would have been a very good thing indeed, but he didn't charge Sylvanas, he rushed at Thrall immediatelly. That guy has to get his priorities straight.

As for Thrall, an underlying theme of The Shattering is that he's... well, to be quite blunt a bit of a coward. He knows the Horde cannot survive with the lands it has, and that he'd have to declare war on the Alliance. Wrynn would snigger and say how he was right all along, Jaina would be disappointed, he himself would feel horrible. Of course, there's also that whole 'no other choice' deal, but when Garrosh is appointed Warchief, he seems to breathe a sigh of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by raven13 View Post
    Maybe we are animals. But at least we are not gay.
    Hetero men do not spend their time thinking about other hot sweaty guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Katanasteel View Post
    OT: I like the new alliance description, its well rounded since races such as the gnomes and night elves aren't fans of war.
    What? O_o

1. Gnomes = For not being such huge fans of war, they sure provide the Alliance a lot of technology for killing their enemies... >_< Just because they're cheerful doesn't mean they're not pro-war.

2. Night Elves = Umm... Warcraft III? Before WoW completely ruined the Night Elves' characterization into bouncing bimbos, the Night Elves were a "shoot first, ask questions later if they're not dead" people. They weren't peace-loving hippies they were ****ing eco terrorists! Cut down their tree, you get an arrow in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKidding View Post
    2. Night Elves = Umm... Warcraft III? Before WoW completely ruined the Night Elves' characterization into bouncing bimbos, the Night Elves were a "shoot first, ask questions later if they're not dead" people. They weren't peace-loving hippies they were ****ing eco terrorists! Cut down their tree, you get an arrow in your head.
    True. Their warcry is "Cry Havoc!" not exactly peaceful.

As for Thrall, an underlying theme of The Shattering is that he's... well, to be quite blunt a bit of a coward. He knows the Horde cannot survive with the lands it has, and that he'd have to declare war on the Alliance. Wrynn would snigger and say how he was right all along, Jaina would be disappointed, he himself would feel horrible. Of course, there's also that whole 'no other choice' deal, but when Garrosh is appointed Warchief, he seems to breathe a sigh of relief.
    Yeah. With all due respect, I've always found Thrall to be more than a little inconsistent.

He starts off recognizing the evil his people has done, and then wants to pursue a peaceful future with the Humans... so he goes around killing humans, freeing all the Orcs who committed terrible crimes, and then killed more humans to steal their ships and take off. Hardly a good way to redeem yourself, be peaceful or show the humans that you're not who they think you are. The list goes on, as I'm sure you know. He's allowed a lot of conflict under his reign, apparently either unwilling or unable to hold the Horde to his own standards of behaviour.

I really do love the Horde, but I admit loving Garrosh's and Sylvanas' Horde more. If nothing else, they know what they want and are fairly good about getting it.

Edit: And yeah, you're right. Varian killing Thrall would've been bad news for everyone, regardless of the Horde's actions in Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Faction pride is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.
    The irony XD

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal View Post
    Humans, night elves, dwarves, gnomes, draenei, and most recently worgen make up the illustrious Alliance. Proud and noble, courageous and wise, these races work together to preserve order in Azeroth.

The Alliance is driven by honor and tradition. Its rulers are champions of justice, hope, knowledge, and faith.

In a time when chaos and uncertainty reign, the Alliance remains steadfast in its determination to bring light to the darkest corners of the world.

http://fortune.worldofwarcraft.com/e...s_fortune.html

I saw the thread about the official Horde description , here is the Alliance one.
    Jesus what a load of bollocks... Knowledge and faith.... Riiiiight.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by raven13 View Post
    Maybe we are animals. But at least we are not gay.
    Do you like fish sticks?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How is that bollocks? The Alliance have better schools and organized religions.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Care to elaborate? Basically all Alliance races are rather scholarly and all but Gnomes take their faith in the Light or Elune fairly seriously.

Deleted
    Yeah. With all due respect, I've always found Thrall to be more than a little inconsistent.

He starts off recognizing the evil his people has done, and then wants to pursue a peaceful future with the Humans... so he goes around killing humans, freeing all the Orcs who committed terrible crimes, and then killed more humans to steal their ships and take off. Hardly a good way to redeem yourself, be peaceful or show the humans that you're not who they think you are. The list goes on, as I'm sure you know. He's allowed a lot of conflict under his reign, apparently either unwilling or unable to hold the Horde to his own standards of behaviour.

I really do love the Horde, but I admit loving Garrosh's and Sylvanas' Horde more. If nothing else, they know what they want and are fairly good about getting it.
    Back in the beginning of Warcraft 3 he's not so much about peace as he is about carving out a place for his people to live in. Peace and prosperity were his ultimate ideals in Lord of the Clans, but the priority was curing the lethargy and giving the Orcs an identity again. It wasn't until he met Medivh that he actually became the pacifist he was afterwards.

As it is, he's grown a bit bitter. He understands the Horde will die out if they don't claim new lands with better resources. And to him, his people come first. However, with all the tension he cannot find it in himself to give Varian an excuse to go "TOLD YA SO!"

He is pretty consistent, but the pacifistic WoW Thrall seems to somewhat overshadow his other aspects to the point that people think he cares more about the Alliance than the Horde.

Care to elaborate? Basically all Alliance races are rather scholarly and all but Gnomes take their faith in the Light or Elune fairly seriously.
    It says 'their rulers'... and Varian seems to be the odd man out there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Am I going to have to lock this one too?

Is it even possible for people to talk about Alliance without some Horde troll coming in and starting shit?

I'll give you guys a warning. I can ban anyone for de-railing if they come in here and start talking shit. It has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.. in fact it has nothing to do with the Horde.

Fair enough. It also says "justice and hope"... maybe Varian is supposed to embody one of those qualities?

You know... as long as you think of justice in a Space Marine, "Purge the Xenos" kind of way :P

How is he the odd man out? He's the King of Stormwind, he has to uphold the tenants of the Church of Holy Light as a monarch. Just because he's not extremely religious doesn't mean he's not a member of the Church when Stormwind's state religion is the Church of Holy Light.