Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Well this is it...Time for one last nostalgia trip?

So after nearly 6 years of the old world, it will be forever gone inside of the next 12 hours. I am curious as to what locations, characters, events or quests everyone remembers from the old classic days, or at any point in the old world. What are you going to miss the most out of the old zones?

For me:

As for locations, I will definitely miss the old Org...true the new one looks incredible, but old Org holds so many memories for me...

As far as characters, I will dearly miss my old Cairne Bloodhoof....RIP old friend *Sniff*

and for questing....I'd have to say the first named mob you have to kill in the Tauren starting zone, Sharptusk I think his name was...it was so annoying to try to find him...especially when you were brand new to the game on launch, and everyone would kill him before you even got close.

So what about you guys? Share some last minute nostalgia!

I hate org. always have. Most of the zones that make me nostalgia, like elwynn, are being only minorly changed. Most of the zones with drastic changes, like the barrens, desolace, and ashenvale, i never liked.

Need to say my goodbyes to Magni and Ol Blancy!

Altho...Hopefully Ol Blancy is still alive in Grizzly Hills!

I can honestly say I will be deeply missing Westfall and Stranglethorn. I think they are among the best zones Blizzard has ever created, and their simplicity in quests and yet unique landscapes really draws me in. RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Deleted
    There's one thing people seem to forget in all of those threads about how we will "never see the old world again": There are private servers with lower versions, so if you get homesick, that's the place to go .

10+ Year Old Account
    my biggest / best memories will always be:

-I think I'll miss STv the most, so many good memories
    back when I Leveling in STV I had a rogue who kept camping / killing me, once I hit 70 we got chill and people thought he was my alt and were going to report me.
    In STV a friend and I started world pvp when we where level 70, we did for a while till the last few weeks before wrath.

-I also loved levelling in aburdine / darkshore area. I've levelled all but one character there.

-I will also miss Cairne Bloodhoof lol
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

Quote Originally Posted by Lushan View Post
    forever gone inside of the next 12 hours.
    Urm no it wont.
    World is bigger than America.

I think when my wife gets home, I'll see if she wants to go ride around Azeroth with me and take in the sights one last time.

Damn, we're such dorks...

I parked my hunter Quel'thalas in protest of it being removed from the game *or so I've heard*

If you don't know the location its a secret :O

Besides that

/tear for Magni

I'm logging out my Dwarf Paladin in Old Ironforge, since I assume that's the "Heart of the Mountain" Magni is frozen into stone in

Quote Originally Posted by omglaserzpewpew View Post
    I think when my wife gets home, I'll see if she wants to go ride around Azeroth with me and take in the sights one last time.

Thats actually really sweet =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushan View Post
    Thats actually really sweet =)
    Agreed
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

I'll miss Zul'Gurub. Learning to solo that, working out the fights, getting efficient at it.. Finding all sorts of neat weapons and items...

It was good times. Very good times indeed. I suppose in Cata, Kara will be my new solo-home. Nothing will replace ZG though.

I'll also miss the peacefulness of Azshara, and the scepter quest chain, and the places it took me..

I'll miss the race strip in Thousand Needles - I quested there, and loved the scene of it.

I'll miss Baron Rivendare, that bastard. Coward can go hide in Naxxramas, I'll find him, and kill him more.

Quote Originally Posted by omglaserzpewpew View Post

Dorks? I wish my girlfriend played the game, trips like those would be really fun together.

I don't think I'd enjoy doing trips like that with anyone but her to be honest.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll miss the good old Darkshore <3 so many great "newbie" memories there :')
    I'll miss the old Stormwind and Orgrimmar
    I'll also miss the old warchief

I can't pinpoint just one or two places or quests. All of the old world holds a special place for each and all of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    I parked my hunter Quel'thalas in protest of it being removed from the game *or so I've heard*

If you don't know the location its a secret :O

Besides that

/tear for Magni

I'm logging out my Dwarf Paladin in Old Ironforge, since I assume that's the "Heart of the Mountain" Magni is frozen into stone in
    Head to the coast in Tirisfal Glades, then follow it east to a tower (looks exactly the same as the Sunreaver/Silver Covenant towers in Crystalsong Forest.

I believe you are roughly north of the Thondroril River at this point, from memory.

I'll miss the overall feel. Sure, I'm super excited and I'm going to LOVE Cataclysm, but classic Azeroth holds a lot of memories for myself as it does with many others. It's not just memories in game, but of the time when you played it. The excitement to get home from school/class/work and start playing a still new and interesting. Unfortunately, it's time to move on.

R.I.P ZG and magni.

i dont know how muhc i tried.. still never got those damn mounts frmo ZG!

The real question is, what shall come back? Thanks to the last expansions we forgot the old world a little because we never really needed to be there. I am glad to get back to the "old new" world and that shall give me some old memories.

All do i think that one is never comming back, the good old Southshore - Tarren Mill pvp fights.. Blizz should do something with this :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkley View Post
    R.I.P ZG and magni.

i dont know how muhc i tried.. still never got those damn mounts frmo ZG!
    story of my life v_v
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)