Deleted

Shattering comes - Levelling from level 1!

Hello MMOC,

I have decided to roll a hunter, for Cataclysm.
    The end is near, and I will have to speed up a bit..

I currently dont have anyone to RAF with, so I guess thats not an option. I dont have any BoA items, except for 1( I got 60 champions seals ) and JP is unreachable.
    If you were to level an alt from 1 to 80, before Cata. What would you do?
    Give me your tips and advices, thanks in advance! :-)

quest + instance as much as possible

I would do mostly quest to enjoy the new lore. Also join a few dungeons in your level bracket to grab some nice upgrades.

i went from 50-60 just today, que'ng for AB.
    get about 40k exp per win, and i quest while waiting for ques.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellarofl View Post
    i went from 50-60 just today, que'ng for AB.
    get about 40k exp per win, and i quest while waiting for ques.
    But BGs should only be done during weekends right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealight View Post
    But BGs should only be done during weekends right?
    Um, not sure where you heard that. To my knowledge, that would be if it was a particular BGs holiday weekend. That only awards for more honor, but I could be mistaken. BGs 50-60, questing while waiting, regardless of what day it is, works the best.

Only when its call to arms.
    First win you get your "daily" bg - nets you 50k WIN exp. and each time you get about.. 1.5honor from kills, you get about 2400exp.
    so you can get quite a bit of exp per run.
    Took about.. 3 ab's and i'd level.

Quest like mad. I won't do ANY instances unless I have all the quests for them, that way I only have to do them once, and I'm done with em.

leveling on the ptr was scary fast. I levelled a human hunter from 1-25 in about 4-5 hours.

Deleted
    First win you get your "daily" bg - nets you 50k WIN exp. and each time you get about.. 1.5honor from kills, you get about 2400exp.
    What is the new Call to Arms system?
    I havent been doing BGs since... well, pre-wrathful..

Quest like no tomorrow, mass que bgs on their respective call to arms weekends, you should look forward to AV weekend at the appropriate level.

By far the most fun to be had and the speediest way is by questing efficiently, however from a lore perspective, enjoy the content, it always surprises me how much detail has been put into quests in general.

FAIR WARNING: Stay away from the Blasted lands, spawn timers are way to long for such a short amount of quest mobs and a low percentage drop rate, you might want to do instances that level or 2. I also recommend that you level in ungoro crater to reach level 60 before reaching outland, that way in theory you can do a few quests in Hellfire peninsula and then be on your merry way to Zangemarsh.

Good luck, and God speed!
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

I did a 1 -> 60 run as a goblin shaman during the beta, and i hit 60 with a little under 23hours played (that's my fastest go so far) and that was with no heirlooms and some of the zones where not completely done yet either, i imagine you really don't need heirlooms for the first 60 levels or so, what i did was simply quest and quest and enjoy the new content and it was heaps of fun compared to what it currently is (stale and moldy).

As i am redoing a new char (gnome priest) come shattering i will do mostly quests then sign instances whenever i jump up 1 tier of new instances and do all the quest's there seeing as all quest's related to that instance is at the start of the instance, i will also do some random BG's whenever i feel bored or so, as for 60 -> 80 it's the same old boring Questquestquestquest sign instance every hour or so.

Hope that helps a bit
    Oh hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    I did a 1 -> 60 run as a goblin shaman during the beta, and i hit 60 with a little under 23hours played (that's my fastest go so far) and that was with no heirlooms and some of the zones where not completely done yet either, i imagine you really don't need heirlooms for the first 60 levels or so, what i did was simply quest and quest and enjoy the new content and it was heaps of fun compared to what it currently is (stale and moldy).

As i am redoing a new char (gnome priest) come shattering i will do mostly quests then sign instances whenever i jump up 1 tier of new instances and do all the quest's there seeing as all quest's related to that instance is at the start of the instance, i will also do some random BG's whenever i feel bored or so, as for 60 -> 80 it's the same old boring Questquestquestquest sign instance every hour or so.

Hope that helps a bit
    That surely helped. However, I didnt understand one thing.
    " will do mostly quests then sign instances whenever i jump up 1 tier of new instances"
    1 tier of new instances... that being, every tenth level or?

---------- Post added 2010-11-23 at 02:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrupted View Post
    Quest like no tomorrow, mass que bgs on their respective call to arms weekends, you should look forward to AV weekend at the appropriate level.

By far the most fun to be had and the speediest way is by questing efficiently, however from a lore perspective, enjoy the content, it always surprises me how much detail has been put into quests in general.

FAIR WARNING: Stay away from the Blasted lands, spawn timers are way to long for such a short amount of quest mobs and a low percentage drop rate, you might want to do instances that level or 2. I also recommend that you level in ungoro crater to reach level 60 before reaching outland, that way in theory you can do a few quests in Hellfire peninsula and then be on your merry way to Zangemarsh.

Good luck, and God speed!
    Thanks for your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealight View Post
    That surely helped. However, I didnt understand one thing.
    " will do mostly quests then sign instances whenever i jump up 1 tier of new instances"
    1 tier of new instances... that being, every tenth level or?

---------- Post added 2010-11-23 at 02:49 AM ----------

Thanks for your post.
    Every new tier of instances, lets see i believe it goes something like this at 15: 20 : 25 etc (i could be wrong because when i did this on the beta instances where never popping up at all kinda annoying) but its either every 10th or 5th level where you gain a whole new batch of instances to plow down
    Oh hi

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just started a mage (over-powered,loved by Blizzard,gets everything they want,why fight it? Join the new world order!) and made it to lvl 12 before the servers went down tonight. When things get stable in a day or two I'll keep questing till 17-18 then start running shadowfang keep and DM till my eyes bleed. I plan to mostly instance my way from 60-80 cause I want to do the new 20-60 quests when I can. Should be interesting.
    I dread 60-70 (Burning crusade...ack!) which is why I will instance run it as much as I can. Wotlk is still not to mind-numbing so I can quest it with some instance runs and not fall asleep in front of my PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's how I do it. I have one character I use just for leveling with my gf. We get 10 to 15 levels in a day doing bgs/questing. So damn glad I got her into bgs. Oh yes.

I don't bother with instances, they award nice xp, and give o.k. items. Still if you are going for fast exp, and you are good then it's easy to level with questing/bgs. Plus you get honor that can be used for purchasing upgrade, and mounts.

If I didn't have a full heirloom set for my new goblin shaman, I would probably have leveled him without heirlooms. I still dont know if I will use the shoulders+chest.

Also, you will still level through northrend at the same speed from 71-80 now (20% less exp needed). Outland is done in a day or two anyway

Can't wait until 7 december for my goblin!
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Fastest I've leveled is being boosted through instances. Got a rogue from 1 to 80 in 3 days 17h played. Solo I guess just quest and queue up for dungeons during week, battleground on weekend.