Deleted

Duo or single questing?

Hi everyone! I'm currently planning to rush to 85 in order to attempt the server first feat, will duo questing be faster than beeing alone? (From 80-82 in Hyjal).

Are there many looting quests/drop quests in Hyjal? Would it be a good idea to group up for the first two levels to speed things up, or will it just slow me down in the end?

We both have flasks and pots sorted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be interested in what people think about that idea too, as I'd be able to partner up.

Only draw back is gathering quests I guess.

Well seeing as you get less xp overall by doing that, no. Way slower. Plus having a second person usually slows you down anyways. Just blast through on your own the first time and read the quest text when you level your alts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorefieldt View Post
    Well seeing as you get less xp overall by doing that, no. Way slower. Plus having a second person usually slows you down anyways. Just blast through on your own the first time and read the quest text when you level your alts.
    Less EXP/Hour from mobs, but more quests done/Hour.

It would be interesting to see how it would work out, seems even on paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's to complete quests fast.. not mob grinding.

i can remember one bottleneck in Hyjal on early Beta
    http://cata.wowhead.com/quest=25296
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния

I think if you really want to go for the achievements, you would be better off solo'ing just to be sure. I can't see it making much of a difference. Both have pros and cons.

It's still slower though because you need to factor in the mobs you need to kill for the quest. If you're not absolutely terrible at your class, its only a few seconds extra per fight to solo kill the quest mobs. Plus the logistic difficultly is higher unless both people in group function well together and don't do retarded things/argue about where to go.

You'd maybe be getting in an extra 2 or 3 quests per hour which if you've watched any beta videos, that's like 1/6th of a bar minus the xp lost from group killing mobs so you'd be one quest ahead... MAYBE. You also have to think about quests like collect 10/15/20 of X where you need to wait for node respawns and that means you'll be stuck there collecting double the amount needed.

Solo is the best way to quest unless you NEED more than one to kill something.

Even if duo questing proves to be faster, it will be hard to keep on the same page with the person you're doing it with, ultimately slowing you down. Unless you plan the times you played, or just play 24/7

Deleted
    I'm going to quest alone. I'm not rushing through TBH, i don't think i could get a feat i'm slow XD I'm looking forward to the new questlines!! I'd think questing alone would be faster... As you don't have to wait for double quest items to drop or to be collected, of course u kill faster but waiting around for both people to get things done.. uhh can get annoying. :P

Deleted
    Yeah but was thinking, at the start Hyjal will be very crowded with people so might be better to group for faster kills etc? Maybe it's not worth beeing grouped in entire zone, maybe someone with much beta experience could help here. Where to exactly drop the group for soloing / when does phasing starts etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaster View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm currently planning to rush to 85 in order to attempt the server first feat, will duo questing be faster than beeing alone? (From 80-82 in Hyjal).

Are there many looting quests/drop quests in Hyjal? Would it be a good idea to group up for the first two levels to speed things up, or will it just slow me down in the end?

We both have flasks and pots sorted.
    Didn't they remove the server first 85 achievments or something? Am sure i read a post about it at sometime, hmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Neostigma View Post
    Didn't they remove the server first 85 achievments or something? Am sure i read a post about it at sometime, hmmmm.....
    only for races but all server 1st classes are still in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    in cata both players can loot quest items, also, another prospect, what if the person you were teaming with were Sitting right next to you?

It's still slower though because you need to factor in the mobs you need to kill for the quest. If you're not absolutely terrible at your class, its only a few seconds extra per fight to solo kill the quest mobs. Plus the logistic difficultly is higher unless both people in group function well together and don't do retarded things/argue about where to go.

You'd maybe be getting in an extra 2 or 3 quests per hour which if you've watched any beta videos, that's like 1/6th of a bar minus the xp lost from group killing mobs so you'd be one quest ahead... MAYBE. You also have to think about quests like collect 10/15/20 of X where you need to wait for node respawns and that means you'll be stuck there collecting double the amount needed.

Solo is the best way to quest unless you NEED more than one to kill something.
    This is just plain ignorance. If you quest with someone with similar gear/experience, then logically and mathmatically you will finish drop and collection quests at the same rate as soloing and any other quest that involves killing twice as fast. As for mob experience, two mobs split between two players is more experience than one mob for one player (the exp is split down the middle and a small amount of party experience is added).

So unless your partner is going to slow you down for whatever reason, then there are only benefits to duo leveling.

Deleted
    My partner won't sit next time me, all i'm worried about is the drop/looting quests really
    So is the looting thingy really true that both can loot it now?

Actually, it is quite efficient. In cata there are actually an excess of quests per zone. E.g. you could do about half of the quests in redridge and be high enough to start up duskwood. To me, that is really horrible because each zone has its own unique storyline with an exciting climax quest in the end (which usually gives you blues). So having a levelling partner would be a great idea.

Plus it could help you with loremaster

Deleted
    Need more opinions on this !