Mage changes - Mistype or Change?

As you can see below under the fire section of mage changes for the shattering it states that "Fire Specialization again increases periodic fire damage effects by 25%." It does not say that it increases ALL fire damage by 25% as it used to be. Anyone know whether this is a typo or not?

Fire

* Blazing Speed no longer dispels movement slowing effects (it still dispels effects that totally stop movement).
    * Fire Specialization again increases periodic fire damage effects by 25%.
    * Molten Shields now also causes Blazing Speed to dispel movement slowing effects in addition to its current functionality.
    * Pyroblast base mana cost is now 17%, down from 22%.

"•Frost Specialization again increases all damage against frozen target by 25%"

Was that the same as before? If so, i'd say the fire one is not a typo

And I think this is the 'cataclysm rebalance' of mages, from when they nerfed them after 4.0.3..

but I hope they do something with Arcane.. that spec is just a joke atm
    Last edited by Chareoss; 2010-11-23 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    "•Frost Specialization again increases all damage against frozen target by 25%"

Was that the same as before? If so, i'd say the fire one is not a typo

And I think this is the 'cataclysm rebalance' of mages, from when they nerfed them after 4.0.3..

but I hope they do something with Arcane.. that spec is just a joke atm
    First, that bug in your sig always bugs me out. I know it's not a real bug, but my eyes can't stop looking at it like it is a real bug.

Anyway, it's still possible it's a typo. It seems silly to make our specialization the same as our mastery, because then they could just merge them and alter the base mastery bonus instead of the specialization. It serves no real purpose to keep them the same. It's probably just a clouded head sort of typo, guy was thinking about masteries and just wrote those benefits instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH my god i actually tried to flick that damn thing of my screen.... CURSE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL

I think I remember that at one point, the Fire Spec did only affect periodic damage, so it could very well have gone back to this. Considering this is exactly what the Mastery does, I can't imagine this is the case. Perhaps it could be a bug fix where Fire Spec previously only affected direct damage and now also correctly affects DoT damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    First, that bug in your sig always bugs me out. I know it's not a real bug, but my eyes can't stop looking at it like it is a real bug.
    I don't know how many times I've slammed my thumb into the monitor trying to squish it. Dammit >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    OH my god i actually tried to flick that damn thing of my screen.... CURSE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL
    lol same here

what bug in my sig? >_>

Definately new, sounds like it could just be a silent nerf or simply a typo. I'm leaning towards the former!
    Last edited by evensis; 2010-11-23 at 11:34 AM.

Logged in on live and it says fire dmg increased by 25% so it looks like a type thus far but I havent checked recount yet. Periodic is still listed at 20%.

Deleted
    it could be a change in mastery?
    I remember that Dots and frozen damage are the masteries

Arcane is going to be much different at 85 when spell costs are drastically higher and combat ratings much lower than they currently are.

they reverted the nerfs we got after 4.0.2 check a few logs from last nights ICC you can tell lol

15+ Year Old Account

OT: its a typo i think.