Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I think if there was another cinematic it would've been datamined by now. We'll just have to wait and see.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EFG View Post
    "IN-GAME"

Please read.
    I did read. Just because he said "in-game" doesn't mean it will be a brand spanking new one. It'll be the one we've already seen, since it'll play once we launch the game, like he states.

C
    x

Quote Originally Posted by Caelic View Post
    I did read. Just because he said "in-game" doesn't mean it will be a brand spanking new one. It'll be the one we've already seen, since it'll play once we launch the game, like he states.

C
    x
    Er, no. He didn't say once the game is launched. He said once we log in. That's actually what he states on the front page.
    I don't need a signature. I'm just like you.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even so, I have no doubts it'll be the cinematic that has already been released. If it turns out there's a new one, you can come back here and I will award you with your thousand internet points and gladly admit I was wrong.

C
    x

i hope its an in-game, because i dont want to log in with everything changed and no explanation, i mean, i read the shattering, but, for those who are into lore and didnt read it will have no idea wtf happened, lore-wise of course

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    fairly certain its the same one we've been seeing. they just say "in-game" cause your watching it in-game. Also Garrosh vs Cairne will be a quest i think
    Nope, you'll log in tomorrow and Cairne will be dead. We won't see anything like that, the battle of Thunder Bluff, Magni Bronzbeard's transformation and the return of Moira Bronzebeard, in game.

Even so, I have no doubts it'll be the cinematic that has already been released. If it turns out there's a new one, you can come back here and I will award you with your thousand internet points and gladly admit I was wrong.

C
    x
    Even so, you should get your information straight before you tell people that's what "he states." There's nothing in the post about launching the game. There's a mention of a cinematic upon logging in for the first time.
    I don't need a signature. I'm just like you.

If theres a new cinematic theres a new cinamatic, if there aint then there aint. Im still gana have a hell of a fun time leveling an undead and gnome through eastern kingdoms. ((Saving kalimdor for my gobbo))

10+ Year Old Account

C
    x
    In-game cinematic is like the wrathgate one event. We're not speaking of a trailer or anything like this, so it is indeed a new one with the game graphics. Also, it'll be available when you log-in, so I guess it's a one-time cinematic only, with dialogues and stuff like this. Oh and I did a small research on PTR, Caelic, and they haven't included the normal cinematic either in it. So you can continue to speculate, but for now your point is kinda heavily wrong.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I didn't expect more than the Cinematic we've already seen, if there is a new Cinematic of any sort it'll be a surprise and I hope I enjoy it.

i'm sure it would have been datamined by now if it was an ingame cinematic like fall of lk /wrathgate/ulduar

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be glad of a new in-game cinematic, like the Wrathgate's, but I simply feel that there won't be one simply because the words he's chosen to use are being read into far too much.

I'll be happy to be wrong, to see a new cinematic, but at the moment I feel it's just semantics and pragmatics people are looking at here.

C
    x

Quote Originally Posted by darkthing View Post
    i'm sure it would have been datamined by now if it was an ingame cinematic like fall of lk /wrathgate/ulduar
    Actually he said that it will be a small patch, which most likely has just a cinematic in it. So it isn't in the data folder yet

The cinematic you talk about is just the Cataclysm cinematic. Just like Vanilla, BC, and WotLK had.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Still... it will be odd having everything change overnight.

The cinematic they (Blizzard) is referring to is the GC one we have already seen....it will show the first time you start up wow as its supposed to show us what happened...er....during the 18 hour maintence. As for the additonal stuff like Cairne dying etc I was under the impression it would be some kind of mini event that plays over and over like Thrall vs Garrosh in Wotlk (and w/e alliance had, I forget now), but I haven't looked into it either so I could be all wrong there.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    The cinematic you talk about is just an in game cinematic made from within the game just like the Wrathgate & LK ones. It will feature our toon and we will witness bad things go down
    there, i fixed that up for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Corellia View Post
    there, i fixed that up for ya
    Our toon? A little hopeful there.

Quote Originally Posted by EFG View Post
    Go and read the interview with TC and read the part about "How will the Shattering happen", he states that upon login, an in-game cinematic plays.

He also notes that it is a small patch.

---------- Post added 2010-11-23 at 03:42 AM ----------

bump lol
    Sadly he was just referring to the fact that you'll watch it in the game client. There isn't some new cinematic that people haven't seen yet. The CG cinematic revealed already is the tie-in for the current events in-game and what you'll log in to tomorrow.

Read the first page, simply put, you're wrong.