Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I think it's a very good move on Blizzard's part, and the cities will be far from deserted.

Tons of new people will be leveling alts in Cataclysm, and all these people will have to go through Outland and Northrend at some point. The cities here will have class trainers and auctioneers, along with the banks that already exist so there is no reason to go back to Stormwind/Orgrimmar, heck, it's too far out of your way to go back there.

So not only is Dalaran not going to be empty, Shattrath will also be revived and all the 60-80 people won't be hanging out in Stormwind/Orgrimmar so there will be less lag for everyone else there.

Quote Originally Posted by cybermind View Post
    There's already 2 banks. They're putting class trainers in, though, to replace the portals.
    And an auction house by the badge vendors.

Dalaran has served its purpose for the last couple years, just as Shattrath served its purpose in TBC. It's time to move on. Blizzard doesn't want you lingering in the old neutral cities during Cataclysm out of convenience, they want you in Orgrimmar or Stormwind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to put it on fire. Just for the respect to fire and 'coz it'll be completely forgotten. So-so for leveling and good for sick achiv-hunters, nothing else.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    you really can see it. in wotlk, although outland only become a leveling zone to get to 68 asap, shattrath still had a solid use, in the mechanics of the portals there, people wanted to make that there hearthpoint when they got there. I remember seeing the change in shattrath almost right away in wotlk, but I still remembered enough people still coming though there.

Now the same fate is set for dalaran. The last few years spent in it and it becoming my hearth point, now to just be another forgotten city. Now, all thats going to happen is it becoming stagnent, leveling though northrend has been greatly increased. In order to get to dalaran before, you had to ask a mage, or complete the quest to get up there.. but is anyone really going to care about doing that? All people will want is to speed level to 80 and start the new leveling zones. Not only will dalaran be forgotten or disused for that reason, but without the use of its portals, no one will care about making it there hearthpoint even when they are leveling. At least shattrath had that appeal.

Honestly, it seems like such a waste, and blizzard taking away the one mechanic that would make people want to go there. I believe there then will be less people seen in dalaran in cata then ppl in shattrath in wrath.
    Is that a bad thing? I think its awesome, cause I wont lag at as much.
    May the raging winds destroy my foes, and let its soothing breeze ease the pain of my friends!

My Main: Ranko US-Garithos[A]

R.I.P. Dalaran
    WoWMarathon- World First to 85 for Charity!
    Follow us Live as we race to max level!
    Free Prizes! Fun events! All for Charity!

10+ Year Old Account
    ill be hanging out in shatt agin some times dal

but shatt may not have portals come patch but heh its a very short flight time over to the dark portal gogogo free storm wind portal

oh btw if any of u take the tram from iron forge 2 sw dont if ur lvl 58+ use the blasted lands portal then take the sw portal on the left its freaking win...

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo a MAGE city should have Portals... It was an easy way to get to old world, now we have to fly clear to the dark portal/Howling Fjord/Borean Tundra to take the port/zep/boat out and in OLs case it'll take even longer to fly from the dark portal to wherever. Unless you are a mage, have a mage friend, or have loads of gold to pay a mage for ports...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanfastic View Post
    Imo a MAGE city should have Portals... It was an easy way to get to old world, now we have to fly clear to the dark portal/Howling Fjord/Borean Tundra to take the port/zep/boat out and in OLs case it'll take even longer to fly from the dark portal to wherever. Unless you are a mage, have a mage friend, or have loads of gold to pay a mage for ports...
    Yeah, I suspect mages will make a big living out of Cataclysm ^^

I'm confused here. Is anyone making the argument that Dalaran shouldn't be deserted, and the portals should be left there? Or just stating the obvious that areas in an expansion become less populated once that content is no longer current?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsake View Post
    In about a month, when 99.8% of the server is crowded in their capital city, lagging to all hell, everyone will care.
    Yeah, you're totally right. Because no one ever lagged to hell in a 4 foot by 4 foot city with every 80 on the server of both factions crammed inside. Only having to deal with your faction inside a much larger city is going to be a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopXQ View Post
    Let Dalaran die,or just have the mage's put it back in it's crater.
    This, would be awesome. It'd give the Alliance a foothold in northern EK.