Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFD a simple change.

With the changes to the talent trees, and having specific definite trees for the jobs of tanking, healing and dps, the expectation was that it would simplify and make choices for people easier and clearer.

But as my brother and I have discovered, it had lead to some problems in the LFD system in the 15-60 range specifically.
    Consistently getting players who are not specced for the role they have checked the box for in the LFD system.
    I propose that as the game can now identify your spec, That you're spec (specs in the case of dual spec) should define what roles the dungeon finder allows you to fill, cause currently for example we're getting arms warriors who are trying to tank and arent keeping threat and consistently die.

Just a simple change,
    Let specs define what roles you're allowed to fill, and account for dual spec and this problem will be fix.
    Your views people?

OH and also, my account time has expired on WoW for now, so if someone wants to take the liberty and post this on the official forums that'd be cool =)

Peace
    Last edited by xenath; 2010-11-23 at 07:01 AM.

Until I want to use the finder to put my group of 5 dps guildies in a group so we can just roll everything

10+ Year Old Account
    It would kind of suck before level 30 though. Dual spec is quite cheap now, so it should be fine after 30, but at least before then people would have to either level as an inefficient spec, pay tons of gold to switch back and forth, or just only queue as dps. Low level dungeons are easy enough for a dps-specced player to tank or heal effectively.

I can't really see the big point, i know it might be anoying with people not speced right and being bad at their role, but ive had moonkins heal just fine in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by xenath View Post
    With the changes to the talent trees, and having specific definite trees for the jobs of tanking, healing and dps, the expectation was that it would simplify and make choices for people easier and clearer.

But as my brother and I have discovered, it had lead to some problems in the LFD system in the 15-60 range specifically.
    Consistently getting players who are not specced for the role they have checked the box for in the LFD system.
    I propose that as the game can now identify your spec, That you're spec (specs in the case of dual spec) should define what roles the dungeon finder allows you to fill, cause currently for example we're getting arms warriors who are trying to tank and arent keeping threat and consistently die.

Just a simple change,
    Let specs define what roles you're allowed to fill, and accoutn for dual spec and this problem will be fix.
    Your views people?

OH and also, my account time has expired on WoW for now, so if someone wants to take the liberty and post this on the official forums that'd be cool =)

Peace
    The flawed logic behind that is Blizzard has stated that they don't mind DPS warriors and such queuing as tanks as it alleviates the LFD timers. This is partially why they removed defense. Though this is only recommended for anything but a heroic instance or raid, as they even mentioned that specifically.

I'm been grouping with tons of people who're retri palas, etc. and have done a fine job at tanking, so it's not an issue imho.
    An issue however is a feral druid tanking in cat form.. Especially when both me and my friend tell them to go bearform, their only reply is: "We don't need a tank anyway". Yeah... Good reason to sign as one then -.- RANT! o.O

I guess it could work, but it might also limit the available tanks/healers at low levels; a thing I'd definately not like to see.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Did that discovere a dungeon first change go through?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camungi View Post
    Did that discovere a dungeon first change go through?
    Only for 80-85 dungeons.

Just a simple change,
    Let specs define what roles you're allowed to fill, and accoutn for dual spec and this problem will be fix.
    Your views people?

Peace
    I healed all the dungeons up to 78 just fine as a shadow priest. I have also tanked them just fine as ret.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Only for 80-85 dungeons.
    It did on PTR for all the NR dungeons.

It would kind of suck before level 30 though. Dual spec is quite cheap now, so it should be fine after 30, but at least before then people would have to either level as an inefficient spec, pay tons of gold to switch back and forth, or just only queue as dps. Low level dungeons are easy enough for a dps-specced player to tank or heal effectively.
    I thought about this, but I didn't know how else to address the problem, maybe level 30 could be when this system comes in to effect?
    And to be honest, I was leveling my druid a while back, and decided to change from balance to feral because the paladins who were tanking with a two handed weapon and not even using righteous fury, well that was quite bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lixion View Post
    I can't really see the big point, i know it might be anoying with people not speced right and being bad at their role, but ive had moonkins heal just fine in dungeons.
    Well yes, there is a fine line with some classes, druids, shaman and priests in particular because two or more specs share similiar stats.
    But with the pure melee classes, with tanking in particular this is a problem.

For me, its more about teaching newer players what defines each role and spec more clearly.

And it is just a suggestion..

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought about this, but I didn't know how else to address the problem, maybe level 30 could be when this system comes in to effect?
    And to be honest, I was leveling my druid a while back, and decided to change from balance to feral because the paladins who were tanking with a two handed weapon and not even using righteous fury, well that was quite bad.
    Your system wouldn't really stop those people. They need education; arbitrary restrictions won't do much.

Only for 80-85 dungeons.
    you sure about that. see image below. took it about 5 minutes ago.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Until I want to use the finder to put my group of 5 dps guildies in a group so we can just roll everything
    just run to the dungeon manually

10+ Year Old Account
    I've healed many a dungeon in my elemental spec, at L80 though with decent gear. Also have seen many retpalas tank just fine, but again at L80 with great gear. I have to agree with this thread.

I was in a group with a druid who didn't get the talents to be defense capped last night, and he kept dying over and over, he opted for a few other talents, his argument "So I can keep better threat" my retort "You have no threat when you're dead" This happened at L69 in the 1st Northrend dungeon. What a tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evilmonkey - It's only Wailing Caverns.

Just a simple change,
    Let specs define what roles you're allowed to fill, and account for dual spec and this problem will be fix.
    Your views people?

Peace
    Prot warr alt here, I've done quite a few instances(64-69 range) with ferals, rets and enhance healing. I chain pull, and I very seldom need to stop period. Doing Sethekk, the ret had to stop and drink once the entire run. Mind you, this ret was in full Grand Marshall ret gear as well.

While not optimal, it can easily be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    you sure about that. see image below. took it about 5 minutes ago.
    They could've reverted it without saying anything, I suppose.

Your system wouldn't really stop those people. They need education; arbitrary restrictions won't do much.
    Ah well. People refuse to be educated.
    I mean, I know this dude who is a pally, but choses to dps with a shield + 1h, because it lets him use avengers shield, and refuses to listen when you tell him that a 2h would probably quadruple his damage if not more than that.
    So I suppose you are right.
    Oh well. Just wanted to see how the idea stood with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
    Evilmonkey - It's only Wailing Caverns.
    im aware of that. i was only making a point.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.