Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's the Point of Camouflage?

I don't understand what you can use the ability camouflage for? I mean, you don't go invisible like a rogue and you can't do anything except place a trap down without becoming uncamouflaged. Sure, magic is deflected, but its like it would only be useful if you go camo and then get disconnected or something. Seems like an incredibly useless ability. Can anyone give me some incite into how one would use this ability in pve, pvp, or raiding?

I believe it reduces the range at which aggresive mobs can detect you...

Even so, what useful thing could you be doing while not moving and not casting?

Quote Originally Posted by SushiMonster555 View Post
    Being AFK? Seriously, you can do lots of useful things while being AFK.

Useful for soloing stuff so that you don't get killed by mobs...useful for camping...fantastic for soloing old dungeons by avoid trash packs.

I don't care if it's useful tbh, it looks badass :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

1. You're invisible like rogues when standing still.
    2. You can't be targeted even if you can be seen, you need to be aoe'd to come un-camoflaged (or non-trap spells)
    3. Looks badass
    4. Good for ambushing

The same reason for camouflage in real life, to get, the jump on un-suspecting enemies. Stand complete still, they won't notice you, move around you're a little more visible, but still hard to see.

Ask Night Elves about when to Shadowmeld

Ignore me, haven't read latest version of Camouflage... let's try this again.

It makes you untargetable by ranged attacks and gives you complete stealth while standing still. Gonna be GREAT for defending in BGs.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2010-11-23 at 07:58 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what you can use the ability camouflage for? I mean, you don't go invisible like a rogue and you can't do anything except place a trap down without becoming uncamouflaged. Sure, magic is deflected, but its like it would only be useful if you go camo and then get disconnected or something. Seems like an incredibly useless ability. Can anyone give me some incite into how one would use this ability in pve, pvp, or raiding?
    Its Op in pvp. They just walk right to the flag room free and clear. Then when you follow them they use that DAMN monkey (who blinds you for 2 sec ) and they run away with the flag after laying a trap. I hate you hunters who did this in wsg.. You know who you are ><

Camouflage is the best thing hunters got till now. In camouflage you are invisible for npc, and you can use speed aspect and move around (i mean fast). You can get everywhere. Even in opposite faction cities. I used it in beta, to trow traps (atm we dont need to "put" a trap, we now "trow" traps). Hunters just need to find a good spot to hide when CD is off to reapply.
    What i find wrong with it, is that we cant apply it when in combat.

Maybe if some boss opens with a crazy ranged attack you can start in camo...

15+ Year Old Account
    You can be seen, targetted and can be hit in melee, but cannot be hit by non-AoE ranged attacks or spells.

That shadowpriest or affliction lock won't be spamming all his dots on you while you set your things up and position yourself.

It will be used for the same purpose as stealth - starting the fight on -your- terms.

You hit them before they hit you.
    You can set a trap and use something like Steady Shot -before- they do anything to you.

However, Blizzard did in fact remove something that would've become the Hunters' "Ambush": Careful Aim.
    Careful Aim was meant to make the next Steady or Cobra Shot gain extra cast time but hit harder = Opener.

So you'd be in camouflage, set trap if you want, hit Careful Aim and then pull out a monster Steady or Cobra Shot.

Instead, Blizzard decided to give Aimed Shot a cast time, make it hit like a girl, make it MM-only, and a talent that takes ages to work in order to make this signature ability even remotely useful.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

It is more tedious to hit a single target with an aoe, than it is to just do a single target spellcast, so it proves a rather useful pvp tool.
    You are either forcing melee close up potentially onto a trap, or casters to use a sub-optimal and often heavy cost spell to bring you out of it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-11-23 at 02:17 PM.

Honestly I am glad Camouflage has no part of our pve rotation, we have enough buttons to press already, nice to get an ability that is meant souly for pvp and soloing.

Actually it's pretty usefull for arena

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You are either forcing melee close up potentially onto a trap
    Without Camouflage:

Melee WANT to close (potentially onto a trap).
    Hunters shoot them on the way in.

With Camouflage:

Melee are FORCED to close (potentially onto a trap).
    Hunters stand there in Camouflage, and wait.

I know which I would rather have.

Deleted
    I used it to great effect while leveling archaeology on the beta. (:

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, obviously you don't Arena much. For example, when people see a stealth, they determine that it's either 3 things, a NE, rogue or druid, if they see druid buffs, they know it's a druid, if they don't get sapped within 20 seconds, it's a NE. So if you could find out what you were facing, you could determine what comp you were going against and then plan, but now that hunters can stealth, so you have no clue as to what comp you're facing because you'll mix hunters and rogues up, since they run very similar comps. As far as PvE goes, yea i don't see it being useful, but how useful is rogues stealth?? 1 ability, sap.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.