Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu View Post
    What did she request and what was his response?

Need More Dataz!
    Rough approximation:

Magatha: "Hey, Budddddddddddddddy. Wanna over throw the rest of the Horde while we're at it?" ^w^

Garrosh (via written letter): "Sup, Mag. Politely shove that idea up yo ass, and the next time I see you, Imma cut your udder off. Good day."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    or have i missed something
    Yes, a book an several months of heated discussions in tens of threads here on MMO-Champion.

Cairne didn't challenge Garrosh to the death, he basically heard what was happening and challenged him to honorable combat for control of the Horde. Garrosh, in his hot-headed anger, made it "old rules" style, which Cairne accepted, though it was never his intention. Garrosh quickly realized during the fight that he was outclassed and nearing death when all the aforementioned events occur. Garrosh's reply to Magatha in a sec.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    From wowikki

Shocked at the rumors that the new Warchief slaughtered innocent druids, Cairne challenges Garrosh Hellscream to an honorable duel in the arena of Orgrimmar. Magatha, unknown to Garrosh, masks the poisoning of Gorehowl as a ritual blessing. During the course of the fight his ancient Bloodhoof Runespear is shattered by Gorehowl, allowing a shallow grazing of the chest which causes Cairne to falter in paralysis, as he dies from the poison he realizes the betrayal, his final thought as a final attack from Gorehowl splits Cairne's chest And so, I, who have lived my whole life with honor, die betrayed, he dies before he hits the ground. His body is taken to Thunder Bluff, and after the uprising of the Grimtotem and retaking of Thunder Bluff by his son, Baine, Cairne's remains are placed upon a pyre along with the shattered debris of his Runespear. Thrall returns to mourn him, he weeps for the loss of a future lifetime of his friendship, his kindness, wisdom, and humor. Thrall speaks to the wind, hoping that Cairne's spirit hears him, to tell him that Cairne was always the heart of the Horde, he and the Tauren, their true spiritual center, of forgiveness, compassion, and guidance. Thrall places his hand reverently on Cairne's now peaceful brow, to say a final goodbye to his old friend, and took with him the smallest piece of Cairne's Runespear to forever remember him and be in touch with his heart, engraved on this was a small rune, this single rune's meaning did not escape Thrall, healing.
    that wouldve been so epic if blizz added it to the game instead they cheat us by not adding it to the cata event
    same with the magni bronzebeard story line

15+ Year Old Account
    What did she request and what was his response?

Need More Dataz!
    The orc courier arriving at Magatha brings this message to her:

"Unto Elder Crone Magatha of the Grimtotem,
    Acting warchief of the Horde, Garrosh Hellscream,
    Sends his most sincere wishes for a slow and painful death.

It has come to my attention that you have deprived me of a rightful kill.
    Cairne Bloodhoof was a hero to the Horde, and an honorable member of a usually honorable race.
    It is with disgust and anger that I discover you have caused me to bring about his death through accidental treachery
    Such tactics may work well for your renegade, honorless tribe and Alliance scum, but I despise them.
    It was my wish to fight Cairne fairly, and win or lose by my own skill or lack of it.
    Now I shall never know, and the cry of traitor will dog my steps until such time as I can sport your head on a pike and point to you as the real traitor.
    So...no, I will not be sending any truehearthed orcs to fight alongside your treacherous, belly-crawling tribe.
    Your victory or your defeat is in the hands of your Earth Mother now. Either way, I look forward to hearing of your demise.
    You are on your own, Magatha, as friendless and disliked as you have ever been. Perhaps more. Enjoy your loneliness.''
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Was about to type it but got beat to the punch. Ah well, at least I reloaded ^^

CG cinematic with Cairne and Garrosh..

HOLY SHIT.

all over my face

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post

Cairne Bloodhoof was a hero to the Horde, and an honorable member of a usually honorable race.
    It is with disgust and anger that I discover you have caused me to bring about his death through accidental treachery
    Such tactics may work well for your renegade, honorless tribe and Alliance scum, but I despise them.
    It was my wish to fight Cairne fairly, and win or lose by my own skill or lack of it.
    Now I shall never know, and the cry of traitor will dog my steps until such time as I can sport your head on a pike and point to you as the real traitor.
    So...no, I will not be sending any truehearthed orcs to fight alongside your treacherous, belly-crawling tribe.
    Your victory or your defeat is in the hands of your Earth Mother now. Either way, I look forward to hearing of your demise.
    You are on your own, Magatha, as friendless and disliked as you have ever been. Perhaps more. Enjoy your loneliness.''
    Fucking. Awesome.

Respect for Garrosh +9001

Fucking. Awesome.

such a shame that 90% of wow players prolly wont read the book and will never know that garrosh isnt as bad as he is made out to be in the actual game

Fucking. Awesome.

Yeah, it really illustrates what the Garrosh character is supposed to be rather than all the threads about "GARROSH IS A STUPID LOLS"

Yeah, i kinda like Garrosh now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post

Changed my opinion of Garrosh, and i play Alliance *Nod of respect*
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    How did you manage to tame a Troll as a Seagull?

Reading Shattering did give both Garrosh and Varian points in my book.

This thread have changed my opinion of Garrosh greatly, even though I mainly play Alliance. /salute
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor View Post
    Reading Shattering did give both Garrosh and Varian points in my book.
    ditto 100%

much more to Garrosh, and but both Varian and his son (the prince) gained a LOT of respect from me, I was amazed at how much the prince did in the book, and I totally teared up with Aerin died

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    My problem with all of it is that Cairne actually has no proof that Garrosh was responsible for the slaughter. As wise and levelheaded as he is made out to be, he sure as hell jumped the gun when challenging the Warchief to a duel to the death.
    The Letter Hamuul Runetotem sent to Cairne after surviving the attack of the cultists made him do it. Plus he didn't ask for a duel to the death. Thrall had changed the rules when he became Warchief. Cairne wanted to mearly beat Garrosh up but then Garrosh requested it to be done by the old rules which is to the death.

This can change your opinion of Garrosh too.

It's from the quest "To Be Horde....":

Overlord Krom'gar says: Watch now, Cliffwalker, as this battle comes to its glorious conclusion.
    High Chieftain Cliffwalker says: You are about to cross a terrible threshold, Krom'gar. May the Earth Mother have mercy on your soul.
    Krom'gar releases the balloon holding the goblin bomb and sends it towards Thal'darah Grove. On arrival, the balloon drops the bomb directly on it, obliterating the entire area, leaving a large crater behind.
    Overlord Krom'gar says: Look upon the world, Cliffwalker, and see the might of the Horde!
    A portal from Orgrimmar suddenly forms nearby. Garrosh Hellscream and his guards emerge from the portal.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: What have you done, Krom'gar?
    Krom'gar bows before Garrosh.
    Overlord Krom'gar says: Warchief! I... I was carrying out your command!
    Garrosh Hellscream says: My command?
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Was my command to murder innocents, Krom'gar?
    Overlord Krom'gar says: Warchief... Sir... I...
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Am I a murderer, Krom'gar?
    Overlord Krom'gar says: No, Warchief!
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Then I ask you again: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!
    Krom'gar begins to cower before Garrosh.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: I sent you into Stonetalon Mountains with an army. Your orders were to secure this land for the Horde.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Instead, you laid waste to the land. Murdered innocents. Children even...
    Garrosh Hellscream says: I spent a very long time in Northrend, Krom'gar. I learned much about the Horde in that time.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: While there, a wise old war hero told me something that I would carry with me forever...
    Garrosh Hellscream says: "Honor," Krom'gar, "No matter how dire the battle... never forsake it."
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Overlord Krom'gar, you have disgraced the Horde.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: You have brought shame to us as a people.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: By my right as Warchief, I hereby relieve you of your duty.
    Garrosh picks up Krom'gar by the throat and lifts him over the edge of the lift bridge.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: YOU ARE DISMISSED.
    Garrosh drops Krom'gar off the edge, sending him to his death. He then turns toward the hero.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: And you, <race>!
    High Chieftain Cliffwalker says: Wait, Warchief! Please! <name> was the hero responsible for uncovering this corruption. He tried to stop Krom'gar!
    High Chieftain Cliffwalker says: Have mercy, Warchief.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Mercy... Your wife and child were murdered. Your kin wiped out. Your home burned to the ground.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Mercy... Chieftain, on this day I learn from you.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: <name>, Krom'gar's army is no more. Your rank no longer has meaning. If you wish to truly help the Horde, your considerable power could be used in Desolace or in the Southern Barrens.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: The choice is yours to make.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Let honor guide you, <name>. Do not forget that Hellscream's eyes are always upon you.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

actually the poison just weakned Cairne........ weakned him enough that Garrosh was finally able to deal a killing blow with his Father's blade and Cairne was helpless to defend himself

HUGH SPOILER, DON'T READ IF YOU WANT TO READ THE BOOK FOR YOURSELF

" Gorehowl shireked its eerie cry as it descended .
    The runespear - the weapon of twenty generation, the pride of the Bloodhoof, which had slain so many and defended the tauren people so well - shattered into pieces.
    It's force slowed but not stopped, Gorehowl bit into Cairne's chest, slicing a shallow groove in his furand flesh, continuing onward to cut his arm. The strike was only a flesh wound; the spear had stayed the worst of the blow.
    Cairne recovered from the horror of seeing the ancestral weapon destroyed. He was not yet done. His hand tightened around the lower third of the spear. Its single tooth could still bite. "

" Cairne blinked. His vision was blurring. Had he gotten dust of swear of blood in his eyes? He took a precious second to wipe the back of his hand across his eyes, but it aided nothing. His hand shook as he lowered it. And his legs ... they flet weak. ...

" And then he knew exactly what had happened to him.
    And so, I, who have lived my whole life with honor, die betrayed. '

" Garrosh's eyes narrowed as he beheld the furrow he had carved in Cairne's chest and the pieces of the runespear laying on the earth. For a moment surprise flitted across his features, then he set his jaw in determination. He began running toward his opponent, lifting Gorehowl in both hands and bringing it down. Unable to deflet the blow or move out of it's path, his life fading with every heartbeat, Cairne Bloodhoof, high chieftain of the tauren, mutely watched it descend. "

" The blade bit deep at the juncture between head and shoulder, cutting through muscle and flesh. Blood spurted from the severed artery, and the mighty Cairne Bloodhoof's legs buckled, then collapsed. He was dead by the time his torso struck the floor. "

The poison would have eventually killed the Chieftain, but Garrosh beat the poison to it's punch

Garrosh learned the lesson.
    He is becoming much more like Saurfang now.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.