Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post
    Good post and agree completly with it. there are far too many people that just expect everything to be carefree, easy, and quick. the fact we have to CC again is gonna cause a lot of people to become confused xD
    Google "How to win at pugs and gearscore" machima, and i think you'll find it's pretty much what we've experienced with wrath players and not alot previous to wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    The best teaching instance I can think of is Blackwing Lair. We need more of this.

First boss: Kiting, mob control, positioning, relegating duties to small groups spread around the room.

Second boss: Managing cooldowns (especially tank), min/maxing for every bit of dps, situational awareness (bomb), possible line of sight depending on how you did the fight.

Third boss: Managing a long grueling gauntlet, then positional awareness for tanks getting knocked back, casters being far enough away to avoid the blastwave, melee knowing when they got knocked back to bandage/pot, etc and be very careful with agro (all dps).

Fourth boss: Major line of sight lesson, taunt rotation timing, debuff tracking, protection potion usage (also learned with Ragnaros)

Fifth boss: Taunt rotation became even more critical here. Landing too many hits on a debuffed tank would endlessly extend the fight to the point of impossibility. Threat and positioning also still apply.

3 mini-bosses (Drakanoids): Finding out the color, hopefully adapting on the first pull to the abilities present. Spreading out and quickly getting DPS assigned to the first target. Tank cooldowns.

Sixth boss: The only loot pinata in the entire place. Lessons learned from previous bosses apply, but should be learned by then.

Seventh boss: Debuff tracking, debuff curing, position management, tank switches (for bronze), PATIENCE for everyone

Eight boss: Holding your door while the other group did the same. Snaring mobs and quickly assist-style DPS. Positional awareness in phase 2 (feared into cleave, tail whip, etc). Fear break cooldowns, class ability awareness, massive AOE rush at low boss health, then keeping your cool to finish off the boss.

This raid taught me some of the biggest lessons a raider needs to know. More please.
    Don't forget the LoS issues on chromaggus imo, this really sums up how much more tactical vanilla raiding was. Not just the first time you went through either, but every single time, wether you were entering and gearing up, or going back with Old Naxx gear. It was always a challenge

Reverting back to BC trash pulling methods is what i'm going to do.
    I wasn't a tank back then as DK's did not exist, but i've done marking before.
    Hopefully, the best case scenario is that people would be aware that other people havent done these instances before and help them.

I've just got to give my +1 thumbs up here. I'm sure hoping people will learn some patience, and dungeons do not become the horrid AOE fest they are now.

I particularly thank you for the comment about tanks who think they're the centre of the universe, I've experienced this both on my DPS and Healers, and it needs to end, now. They need to realise that they're part of a group

Everything in here is both music to my ears and 100% correct. What you describe and advise is both a dream come true for someone sick of the Wrath easy mode expansion and a bible for players everywhere. Well said. You sir, are a legend.

Also, your sig rocks

nice pointing out the fucking obvious everyone who isn't retarded is allready aware of i don't get why everyone is so hyped about this shit

and yes i made an account just to post this shit

You explained how to not suck at raiding. Looking forward to guide to how to not suck at Cataclysm.

I wonder how many people actually know what the marks such as skull, square, cross, moon, triangle and star actually still mean

fyi it would be
    skull: kill first
    square: huntard trap
    cross: kill second/offtank
    moon: sheep
    nipple/triangle/diamond/star: banish/sap/shackle/other cc
    Last edited by .Nensec; 2010-11-29 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    I wonder how many people actually know what the marks such as skull, square, cross, moon, triangle and star actually still mean

fyi it would be
    skull: kill first
    cross: kill second/offtank
    moon: sheep
    triangle: banish
    star: sap
    Dont forget hunter freeze trap!

doh, forgot that one!

suppose we're going to use repentence from pala's and the new binding stuff from shamans too. Wow so much for us to learn and relearn!

.Nensec i <3 the fact u called circle nipple, that is epic! i thought it was only us lot that called it that!
    Last edited by exclus; 2010-11-29 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Wanted to Kudos Nensec

So, 10 people or so in my guild who are currently raiding also raided in vanilla. I posed them the question "Was Vanilla harder than Wrath?" and they all burst out laughing. So apparently working around bad class mechanics, filling raids with 40 people and hoping encounters weren't bugged were the hardest parts of Vanilla raiding.
    As far as BC goes, Black Temple was a joke. Spending one night on Bloodboil and RoS was a joke. We spent 2-3 on Council. Illidan was the only one remotely close to a challenge. SWP was hard, but the hardest part of SWP was raid tetris, as our GM stated. Going from 5 healers to 7 to 11 to 5 while stacking shamans and warlocks and rogues were the hardest parts apparently.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
    nice pointing out the fucking obvious everyone who isn't retarded is allready aware of i don't get why everyone is so hyped about this shit

and yes i made an account just to post this shit
    Really? u make a post to flame a guy coz he's done a good job.
    the reason people are so "hyped up" is that throughout wrath, we've seen countless cases of people in raids and LFG who have no idea about the finer points of wow. such as CCing, dispelling, waiting for mana etc. the OP's comments sum up how a lot of players feel at the moment.
    if you have nothing constructive to say, just STFU and dont waste your time making an acount to flame..

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Widdowmaker View Post
    This should be sticky'd
    Why? This is how people should play since Vanilla imho...

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Why? This is how people should play since Vanilla imho...
    Agree! This post is epic, anyone really going off topic or QQ'ing, dont get the post, the concept or the game half the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilicia30 View Post
    Will the terrible players actually read this and learn from it or insist on remaining bad?
    Will fire give an actual haste buff?

Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post
    Really? u make a post to flame a guy coz he's done a good job.
    the reason people are so "hyped up" is that throughout wrath, we've seen countless cases of people in raids and LFG who have no idea about the finer points of wow. such as CCing, dispelling, waiting for mana etc. the OP's comments sum up how a lot of players feel at the moment.
    if you have nothing constructive to say, just STFU and dont waste your time making an acount to flame..
    a good job at what?
    telling everyone what everyone allready knows?

good job if only you'd get paid to do that shit
    so guys... 1+1=2 do i get a medal now?

a good job at what?

Cptobvioustroll strikes again. Back to your cave, troll.

Mechagnome
    Cba to feed the trolls. if everyone knew it already, there wouldnt be the problem of players who cant do it. so his logics flawed.

a good job at what?

Well since there's 400+ posts congratulating the guy who wrote the post, and a few QQ'ing like youself, i think the majority states he did a good job. Some people play wow for fun, (remember that?) well, since you're starting to be abusive, and downright rude, i dont think you do.
    Please remember just cos u dont agree with the post doesn't mean it's wrong.
    Now i suggest, you quitely walk away from this post b4 you get banned, and let the users appreciate the epicness of the post, without spoiled brats ruining it for everyone.
    "Run away little girl"