Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Very Nice! Just reading this has made me exited for Cata Brings back memorys from Vanilla & BC.

  2. #42
    Awesome post dude, thumbs up for the work !

    Sadly, the baddies rarely read mmo-champion, they dont even know what it is, just by looking at all the strange questions people have in the trade channel :<

    Luckily i got myself a gr8 guild for cata, so i wont use alot of my time in the pug grps

  3. #43
    Stood in the Fire DistortionSleep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    442
    I have a beta key, I did the 85 5-man heroics, they aren't really as hard as allot of people make them out to be. Sure I was using a 85 premade character with 359 gear. My point being is, if the 85 5 man heroics are pretty easy at the first raid tier, whats makes you think they won't be faceroll just like todays 5 man's with final raid tier? Just something to think about.

  4. #44
    Field Marshal Zephs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    70
    Pretty cool guide. Let's hope that people will actually follow it. ^^

  5. #45
    The Patient bigyin109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Breach
    Posts
    281
    good guide for a basic understanding of how things should be done but on a side note.

    im sick of all this "oh look he started wow in wrath, not vanilla or bc, he must be nubz0r lol"...screw you all, im a wrath player because i simply hadnt heard of the game until then, how the fuck does that by default make me a baddie? i know players that say they have been going since release who suck balls, doesnt matter when you started playing.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by bigyin109 View Post
    im sick of all this "oh look he started wow in wrath, not vanilla or bc, he must be nubz0r lol"...screw you all, im a wrath player because i simply hadnt heard of the game until then, how the fuck does that by default make me a baddie?
    Don't take it as an insult. Warth is simply much easier than what the game used to be and many of the skills that were required earlier were no longer used in WotLK. That's why there was no reason or opportunity for the new players to learn these things.

  7. #47
    Stood in the Fire DistortionSleep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by bigyin109 View Post
    im sick of all this "oh look he started wow in wrath, not vanilla or bc, he must be nubz0r lol"...screw you all, im a wrath player because i simply hadnt heard of the game until then, how the fuck does that by default make me a baddie? i know players that say they have been going since release who suck balls, doesnt matter when you started playing.
    That's how allot of people judge there selves to decide if they are better then some one believe it or not. Honestly I didn't start playing till the start of BC, there was bad players back then, if someone was to tell me that there wasn't as many bads in Classic/Vanilla, I would call them a liar because that's a crock of shit.

  8. #48
    Stood in the Fire Melfeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    422
    I started playing in Wrath. I'm probably better at the game than most people. Yes I do have the Light of Dawn title and got it while the buff was at 20%. I'm just saying, the difficulty of this game is overrated. Yes, even Cataclysm raids.

  9. #49
    Simply well put. Cataclysm I hope will bring some of the old vanilla wow back in me and be kicks some butt.
    Live long in Totem's

  10. #50
    Bloodsail Admiral Honzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,010
    You should replace "wrath player" with "idiot" and then it's a proper post. All of the mentioned tips are nothing but common sense.

  11. #51
    You know what is more pathetic than me only starting to raid in wrath? People who think being "old school" means you are better at this game. There is people just as clueless as they were 6 years ago and the reason is they are lazy or thick.

    Were Vanilla encounters more complex? no, you just had gear checks, less experienced people playing poorly designed classes and the daunting task of finding 40 non morons and co-ordinating them.

    Nostalgia is such a wonderful thing.

  12. #52
    Immortal seam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,002
    Great guide(?), but really?

    I know people who started in Wrath who are better than some people I know from Classic.

    Wrath babies != Bads.

    Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    That's how allot of people judge there selves to decide if they are better then some one believe it or not. Honestly I didn't start playing till the start of BC, there was bad players back then, if someone was to tell me that there wasn't as many bads in Classic/Vanilla, I would call them a liar because that's a crock of shit.
    I'd argue there were more in Classic.

    About the same in BC, but far less Bads who thought they were good.(Compared to now) Fake Elitists, if you will.
    Last edited by seam; 2010-11-25 at 01:56 PM.

  13. #53
    Good job Cpt. Obvious !
    Ecce homo ergo elk

  14. #54
    Mechagnome beneholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Graz, Austria
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by unreall View Post
    Bad players will allways be bad.
    I disagree. Everyone can improve in terms of skill. And that improvement will be needed in Cataclysm. There will be no carrying till you outgeared the first two tiers I guess. So if you wanna do some successful raiding, everybody will have to do his share.
    Take A Walk On The Wild Side

  15. #55
    Nice post, wish we could force ppl to read it ^^

  16. #56
    Was hoping this would be about PvP. All the best cleave hereos are gonna be very confused what to do.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&cn=Brickslol
    Hopefully Glad Season 9!!! RLS WOO!!!

    p.s. 2s and 5s take little to no skill, just good pve gear

  17. #57
    Immortal seam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,002
    Quote Originally Posted by beneholio View Post
    I disagree. Everyone can improve in terms of skill. And that improvement will be needed in Cataclysm. There will be no carrying till you outgeared the first two tiers I guess. So if you wanna do some successful raiding, everybody will have to do his share.
    So it's far and away harder than classic and BC? We used to carry a LOT of people then :P(Atleast 10 in Classic but more like 15-20, and my 25 guild who killed Illidan 2.1, and got to Mu'ru 2.4 in BC carried atleast 5-7.)

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    6.) You are NOT the master of the group. Many tanks in WotLK have become rude and overconfident due largely to their short queue times. I can be guilty of this as well. Many have a tendency to treat the other members of their groups with the expectation that whatever THEY says goes, because the group cannon function without them. Please, I beg of you, if you are one of these tanks, remember that you cannot solo this content. You need your group as much as they need you.
    I totaly disagree. If you aren't RUDE when players sux at their jobe, they will never learn. Point is, most of good tanks don't like to teach players play the game they(the tanks) have played for over 4+years, it is way easier to leave the group and join another more mature/experienced/skilled group.

    IT is simpele: (from tank pov)
    tank sux =>group sux
    healer sux => group sux
    dps sux => horrible group ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by beneholio View Post
    I disagree. Everyone can improve in terms of skill. And that improvement will be needed in Cataclysm. There will be no carrying till you outgeared the first two tiers I guess. So if you wanna do some successful raiding, everybody will have to do his share.
    INDEED, no more carring in cata. You sux => go play another game.
    Last edited by Avlli; 2010-11-25 at 02:03 PM.

  19. #59
    The irony is, the players who need this advice will never read it. They don't care enough to look hence why they are bad. Its a vicious cycle. Good try though.

  20. #60
    Bloodsail Admiral Thundertom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,106
    Very good post. Sticky indeed. Also looking forward to some old school tanking! Let's hope others can adapt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •