Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Despy View Post
    I dont quite get why everyone love this post.

Its just obvious facts posted in the most patronizing fashion possible.

And some weird shot at every tank to play in wrath.
    It's only a shot if that's how you act.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It's only a shot if that's how you act.
    Because of their q times? Thats why their arrogant?

Also things like "prioritize healing the tanks/healers over the dps" how dumb do you think the average wrath player is? Wrath might not have been as hard as bc but it wasnt hello kitty island either. It would have been nice to have something in your post that other than "mana is an issue" that applied only to cata not learning wow 101.
    Last edited by Despy; 2010-12-03 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazinger View Post
    I have completed all of Wotlk's content and say, that Wotlk was the most ridiculous version of WoW, I have ever played... By difficulty, that is.

As for the original post:
    A great post and I agree with every single suggestion here!
    I truly hope, that the difficutly and challenge of previous expansions is back as it was in the beta, where it really was hard.
    You're a Keyboard Turner therefore anything you say is irrelevant.

On that note, come on guys, Wrath of the Lich King wasn't as bad as people make it out. Anyone who played Vanilla knows that they had at least 10 people of ultimate suckage in their 40 man. If anything Vanilla raised a worst generation then Wrath has. I mean look how many people are posting "Vanilla was harder" and they haven't cleared a damn thing in Wrath? Nostalgia is a bitch.

Good post, but I think your target audience isn't the only one you need to reach out to.

Keyboard Turner
    Lovely thread! Thanks a bunch for this one

Bad players have always been bad players if they infact do not work on it. And saying WOTLK players, meehhh thats pretty lame, ok i can agree many people that joined in WOTLK dident have allot of experience, but if u give those people time they will become better and if they do not take the time to become better then " bad players will always be bad" idd. I know many players that started in WOTLK and idd are were elite players now, and know their game. so saying WOTLK players would be pretty silly, i would rather say what players need to know in general

anyhow a wery nice post and its realy awsome that u are wiling from ur freetime to tell people some tips on how to play =)

To the OP, Great post!

I know for many who started playing in WOTLK this is going to be a somewhat painful process, the same process that we vanilla and BC players had to face when heroics were hard back in BC. I recently started playing my hunter again now that they use focus instead of mana, and while lvling this past week or so and running plenty of dungeons I tried to practice trapping, kiting and other methods of CC. I specifically went with a surv build just to make my build better for CC.

I for one really look forward to having to CC mobs again, put slightly more skill back into the players and make dungeons more about teamwork then DPS races.
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    -John Galt

Isnt most of this stuff common sense? I mean what idiot would refuse to attack skull first or refuse to CC or interrupt a healer.

i say this is QQing....
    remember folks its just a game!
    People take it to serious and go nerdrage
    One life, live it!
    Or just create a new character!

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    I may be an arrogant douche but atleast I know what I'm talking about.
    You're assuming you know what you're talking about based on your own experiences and think that is right and everyone else is wrong.

I've done 11/12 hc icc and it wasnt that hard as you praise them to be. Was it mainly due to instance buff? Sure it was, but it isnt the player's fault if Blizzard rushed that. Atleast i got to kill LK 25 normal without the 5% buff.

And if you knew what you were talking about, you'd agree when people say that 5 man content, heroics to be specific, exist to prepare players for raids. If you successfully complete that part of PvE then it probably means you're ready to step into raids. But that was irrelevant in wotlk because heroics were a joke that even the average joe could do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilicia30 View Post
    Isnt most of this stuff common sense? I mean what idiot would refuse to attack skull first or refuse to CC or interrupt a healer.
    When there is no punishment. I'm a tank and if dps pulls or whatever nonsense they come up with nowadays I say screw it. The mobs in Heroics die too fast to care and I don't have to heal you anyways. Healers might feel differently for obvious reasons. Only thing I ask is if you goof around and die do not attempt to pass the blame onto someone else. Especially if you have iceblock :P
    "We are The Forsaken, we will slaughter anyone who stands in our way."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You're assuming you know what you're talking about based on your own experiences and think that is right and everyone else is wrong.

I've done 11/12 hc icc and it wasnt that hard as you praise them to be. Was it mainly due to instance buff? Sure it was, but it isnt the player's fault if Blizzard rushed that. Atleast i got to kill LK 25 normal without the 5% buff.

And if you knew what you were talking about, you'd agree when people say that 5 man content, heroics to be specific, exist to prepare players for raids. If you successfully complete that part of PvE then it probably means you're ready to step into raids. But that was irrelevant in wotlk because heroics were a joke that even the average joe could do them.
    11/12 ICC HM is a joke with 30% buff. A joke. Faceroll even. A lot of the bosses were significantly harder at 0-10%. LDW, Saurfang, PP, Sindragosa were all extremely challenging at the lower %s of the buff. You can't say it was hard when you're doing them at 30%.

If i could just make a point about people "emo" quitting dungeons i too have been on the beta and spent quite alot of time in instances. This may come to the comfort of some people that actually almost all of the groups i was in were people that had only played since wotlk was released and to be honest.. they adapted VERY well and after 5 mins of headaches it was actually very enjoyable.

Blademaster

great post

Daetur,
    Your post was great, thanks! I hope everyone that plans to use LFG in Cata read this...

man cool post idd. Now after Cata has arrived I saw something that could make any good player shake. I was in a grp where we had a tank
    that simply told us not to do anything just nuke boss....! I was thinking this boss has adds and they need to be kited, we are not playing WoTLK anymore dude. srsly

I doubt that Cata's going to have any truly hard s. And if it does, give Blizzard a couple weeks to turn it into WoTLK

yea... I'm going to stick to just leveling alts. Too much work man!

j/k?
    this is my signature... jealous?

Quote Originally Posted by Psquared View Post
    I doubt that Cata's going to have any truly hard s. And if it does, give Blizzard a couple weeks to turn it into WoTLK
    i can see where your comming from but i hope blizzard holds its ground and leaves entitled casual to rot because the difficulty of wow pve content needed a massive overhaul since wrath

Most important.
    Don't stand in the fire.

All you scrub tanks who leave after 1 wipe need to read this or delete your accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    All you scrub tanks who leave after 1 wipe need to read this or delete your accounts.
    Amen brother. Lich king bred some snobby mofos I tell you, If you can't take wipes then this isn't the game for you. Tanks and healers that can't handle it need to go play something else like solitaire.
    Smile