Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ...
    90% of these problems could be solved with one technique: uninstall your dps meter. If everyone weren't competing for dps, the only remaining measure of success would be... success. DPS would be more willing to CC, interrupt, stun, battle rez, innervate, dispel, not pull aggro, etc. It's amazing how much better the team does when they're working together rather than against each other.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draticus View Post
    90% of these problems could be solved with one technique: uninstall your dps meter. If everyone weren't competing for dps, the only remaining measure of success would be... success. DPS would be more willing to CC, interrupt, stun, battle rez, innervate, dispel, not pull aggro, etc. It's amazing how much better the team does when they're working together rather than against each other.
    its so true .. made me play at lot better when i made recount vanish in combat and then show again when the fight was done. cause its good to see how good u are doing dps-wise, but not during combat
    Quote Originally Posted by christschinwon
    these isolated tracks really do show the playing warts & all which is a good thing. I'd hate to think that my musical heros were machine like perfectionists. Steve Harris is & will always be just a cockney geezer who also happens to be a fucking great bass player!

Quote Originally Posted by maxtor View Post
    its so true .. made me play at lot better when i made recount vanish in combat and then show again when the fight was done. cause its good to see how good u are doing dps-wise, but not during combat
    I've noticed that your dps improves when you don't have it running or hidden in combat as well. You are more focused on your rotation and what is going on around you than you are on that stupid meter. Besides who cares if you know that you're pulling the top or not. I'm sure the RL is running meters or wowmeters of some sort so they can bleed out those who are not doing their part.

for me dmg meter only helps me to increase my dps even more cuz i know how well i am doing every second of the fight and i can see how small changes to my gameplay effects my dps while i am doing it