Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    for actually bettering people, with an intelligent helpful post you sir receive +5 internets
    well done
    When god gives you lemons you find a new god

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a handy and well-written guide, but...
    ...shouldn't that be like a common sense for anyone who plays World of Warcraft? If you pull too much mobs as a tank - you die, if you stand in a voidzone as a damage dealer - you die, if you slack as a healer - everyone else die, but you are next to follow. I mean, how such an ignorant person can get to the max level? Ah, yes, WoW doesn't have an XP penalty for dying.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Right. It's like a how-to post to be a good player. Expansion/content doesn't matter, it's pretty much universal.
    Brakthir why are you even here? If you're so pro go >. This is a very insightful post for those that want to take it seriously. If you're so amazing then go be amazing some where else. Also you didn't kill Lk pre 15% or even 20% for that matter so your one post is irrelevant. (god I hate wannabe elitists)

Go away now wannabe elitist scrub.

Very nice informative post =)
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

i dont think this is necessary just look for the dusty switch for your head and turn it back on ! that should do it, no need wall of text
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboi97 View Post
    lol players say hon sucks
    hon players say lol sucks
    they are both right
    dota is KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    Brakthir why are you even here? If you're so pro go >. This is a very insightful post for those that want to take it seriously. If you're so amazing then go be amazing some where else. Also you didn't kill Lk pre 15% or even 20% for that matter so your one post is irrelevant. (god I hate wannabe elitists)

Go away now wannabe elitist scrub.
    It's a good post, don't get me wrong. It's just labeled wrong. It applies to every expansion Blizz ever released, not just Wrath. And yeah, I didn't kill LK HM pre 15% or 20%. Not many guilds in the world did. I'm still happy with our kill and where it landed. I'm not a wannabe elitist. I am an elitist ;D

Can this be a sticky. And this should be spammed in trade chat lol

I am sure there will be a negative response to this. My main points are this:

1.When you sit in trade asking how do I find a reagent vendor and get made fun of, don't cry. Here's what you do. Go to your mini map and click on the icon that looks like a magnifying glass and click the reagents box. This will highlight any reagent vendors for you.

2. When someone in a party asks you to C.C. something and you don't know what that is, ask. Then go online to one of the many many sites that have done all the hard work for you and put all the information for you such as this idea and what spec to level in, what glyphs to use, etc. I mean just because the computer is on and the icon for WOW is in front of you, doesn't mean you can't spend 15 minutes educating yourself instead of playing like window licking is your true calling.

3. Learn you class. For the love of God, know what you are doing. Again, this means research instead of logging right into WOW. Know that if as a hunter if you don't misdirect there's a good chance you are going to pull aggro. Paladins, please put on RF. Mages, if you burst to 10k, guess what don't blame the tank due to your ignorance.

4. Read patch notes. I know. No pictures but you might discover that portals from Dalaran are gone.

5. If you want to raid, guess what. Watch videos instead of being lazy. I know. More work.

I have played World of Warcraft for 5 years. I had my own dumb questions. I know I did. I was trolled for being a nub and that drove me to better myself and look stuff up. No, I don't know it all. Yes I still make mistakes. Yes I have to look up and test new ideas and new concepts. That's what separates the 95 percent of WOW players that fill Blizzard's bank account and the 5 percent of players that go out and get stuff done. I mean when else in WOW history could you get tier gear right before an expansion and find out the guy next to you in a raid is doing 5k less dps that you and you both are in the same gear?

I know all about the progress and change argument. I can accept change and even welcome it. What I can't accept is the lazy people who cried to Blizzard for it but still refuse to even try to use the stuff installed in the game. I guess riding through the streets of Dalaran, getting paid 13g to run an instance plus badges/JP and free epics still are not incentive enough for people to be smart players.

So, with all these things said, patience is not what people need. People need to not be a burden and at least try to be better or at least on the level of the people they want to be around. Or cry more and get Blizzard to institute a way for GM's to play their toon for them and the "hard" parts.

wow, great read...
    Now if only i can get my guild to read this...

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    It's a good post, don't get me wrong. It's just labeled wrong. It applies to every expansion Blizz ever released, not just Wrath. And yeah, I didn't kill LK HM pre 15% or 20%. Not many guilds in the world did. I'm still happy with our kill and where it landed. I'm not a wannabe elitist. I am an elitist ;D
    Regardless of how you feel, wannabe, the post is still pretty relevant. If you don't like it don't read it if you like it read it. Coming here to bash when guy is just trying to help, makes you look like a clown.

Its pretty easy "man this is just not the post for me" click X on browser or Navigate yourself to another post thats more for you.

Gee that must be hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nhomizz View Post
    i dont think this is necessary just look for the dusty switch for your head and turn it back on ! that should do it, no need wall of text
    It's not that simple for everyone...

Deleted
    they should actually freaking listen to me when im baby walking them throughout the fight and watch at the things that im announcing and guiding them through the raid simple as that

cause that's what im doing now in wotlk im just shouting at every point of the fight to everyone cause im a good tracker of whats going on in the raid when we're playing so i can shout at anyone who's failing.

so they should just listen to what i have to say and everything will be fine they dont even need to watch tactics

Deleted
    We should all make it our mission in our WoW lives to find one emo-rage-quitter, or a noob that just want's to improve, and link him (or her, this is what equality brought you!) this post. For sadly, I expect that those, which this post may help, will not read it.

OT: How long do you reckon this post will be relevant for? All of Cata? Till the 2nd raid tier? Till hcs kill enough emos?

Wasted effort really, bad players are bad mainly out of ignorance. The people that need to read such basic tips on how to play won't be visiting community sites.

It's kind of unnecessary. Most of those things are common sense.

It's sad to think that common sense needs to be taught to people. Really sad.

Deleted
    Also. It suits me, and every one interested in personal gamer development, that the: "Grind grind GRIND - FASTER FASTER FASTER - I'll pull if you don't!" mentality is going away. I'm very guilty of exploiting my outgearing of heroics and normal mode raid dungeons, so the Wrath disease has indeed struck me as well.

But it'll be for the best of the community that we will be brought to justice as the day of reckoning draws to a close. Time for BC and Classic players, myself being of the final category, to step up to their normal game, and time for Wrath people to unlearn their tendencies and enjoy improving their gaming.

I started in Wrath and I can honestly say that's so true..., no one that played in Wrath will change though. I changed because I know how to adapt.

There'll still be a lot of retards around thinking they can hold aggro or even pull an entire level 81 instance at 85 in Raiding gearing.

Loved the post. its beeing shared to FB, Twitter and mass emails as we speek.

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    Wasted effort really, bad players are bad mainly out of ignorance. The people that need to read such basic tips on how to play won't be visiting community sites.
    if you help one tard and it's not a wasted effort

You forgot to add to reroll if you play a warrior, since they're practically useless in smaller groups unless you're playing as a tank.

I'm not saying I don't like these changes, because honestly I concider myself a person that can think logically. But I wouldn't mind classes that has abseloutly no reliable CC would get something that can only affect the gameplay in PvE perspective. Who would take a warrior or DK above any other class with reliable and consistent CC?