Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Everything in here is both music to my ears and 100% correct. What you describe and advise is both a dream come true for someone sick of the Wrath easy mode expansion and a bible for players everywhere. Well said. You sir, are a legend.

Also, your sig rocks

Deleted
    nice pointing out the fucking obvious everyone who isn't retarded is allready aware of i don't get why everyone is so hyped about this shit

and yes i made an account just to post this shit

You explained how to not suck at raiding. Looking forward to guide to how to not suck at Cataclysm.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many people actually know what the marks such as skull, square, cross, moon, triangle and star actually still mean

fyi it would be
    skull: kill first
    square: huntard trap
    cross: kill second/offtank
    moon: sheep
    nipple/triangle/diamond/star: banish/sap/shackle/other cc
    Last edited by .Nensec; 2010-11-29 at 02:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    I wonder how many people actually know what the marks such as skull, square, cross, moon, triangle and star actually still mean

fyi it would be
    skull: kill first
    cross: kill second/offtank
    moon: sheep
    triangle: banish
    star: sap
    Dont forget hunter freeze trap!

15+ Year Old Account
    doh, forgot that one!

Deleted
    suppose we're going to use repentence from pala's and the new binding stuff from shamans too. Wow so much for us to learn and relearn!

.Nensec i <3 the fact u called circle nipple, that is epic! i thought it was only us lot that called it that!
    Last edited by mmoc603860b529; 2010-11-29 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Wanted to Kudos Nensec

So, 10 people or so in my guild who are currently raiding also raided in vanilla. I posed them the question "Was Vanilla harder than Wrath?" and they all burst out laughing. So apparently working around bad class mechanics, filling raids with 40 people and hoping encounters weren't bugged were the hardest parts of Vanilla raiding.
    As far as BC goes, Black Temple was a joke. Spending one night on Bloodboil and RoS was a joke. We spent 2-3 on Council. Illidan was the only one remotely close to a challenge. SWP was hard, but the hardest part of SWP was raid tetris, as our GM stated. Going from 5 healers to 7 to 11 to 5 while stacking shamans and warlocks and rogues were the hardest parts apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
    nice pointing out the fucking obvious everyone who isn't retarded is allready aware of i don't get why everyone is so hyped about this shit

and yes i made an account just to post this shit
    Really? u make a post to flame a guy coz he's done a good job.
    the reason people are so "hyped up" is that throughout wrath, we've seen countless cases of people in raids and LFG who have no idea about the finer points of wow. such as CCing, dispelling, waiting for mana etc. the OP's comments sum up how a lot of players feel at the moment.
    if you have nothing constructive to say, just STFU and dont waste your time making an acount to flame..

Deleted

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Widdowmaker View Post
    This should be sticky'd
    Why? This is how people should play since Vanilla imho...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Why? This is how people should play since Vanilla imho...
    Agree! This post is epic, anyone really going off topic or QQ'ing, dont get the post, the concept or the game half the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilicia30 View Post
    Will the terrible players actually read this and learn from it or insist on remaining bad?
    Will fire give an actual haste buff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post
    Really? u make a post to flame a guy coz he's done a good job.
    the reason people are so "hyped up" is that throughout wrath, we've seen countless cases of people in raids and LFG who have no idea about the finer points of wow. such as CCing, dispelling, waiting for mana etc. the OP's comments sum up how a lot of players feel at the moment.
    if you have nothing constructive to say, just STFU and dont waste your time making an acount to flame..
    a good job at what?
    telling everyone what everyone allready knows?

good job if only you'd get paid to do that shit
    so guys... 1+1=2 do i get a medal now?

a good job at what?

Cptobvioustroll strikes again. Back to your cave, troll.

Cba to feed the trolls. if everyone knew it already, there wouldnt be the problem of players who cant do it. so his logics flawed.

Deleted
    a good job at what?

Well since there's 400+ posts congratulating the guy who wrote the post, and a few QQ'ing like youself, i think the majority states he did a good job. Some people play wow for fun, (remember that?) well, since you're starting to be abusive, and downright rude, i dont think you do.
    Please remember just cos u dont agree with the post doesn't mean it's wrong.
    Now i suggest, you quitely walk away from this post b4 you get banned, and let the users appreciate the epicness of the post, without spoiled brats ruining it for everyone.
    "Run away little girl"

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    So, 10 people or so in my guild who are currently raiding also raided in vanilla. I posed them the question "Was Vanilla harder than Wrath?" and they all burst out laughing. So apparently working around bad class mechanics, filling raids with 40 people and hoping encounters weren't bugged were the hardest parts of Vanilla raiding.
    As far as BC goes, Black Temple was a joke. Spending one night on Bloodboil and RoS was a joke. We spent 2-3 on Council. Illidan was the only one remotely close to a challenge. SWP was hard, but the hardest part of SWP was raid tetris, as our GM stated. Going from 5 healers to 7 to 11 to 5 while stacking shamans and warlocks and rogues were the hardest parts apparently.
    again, you've missed the point.

while those bosses might have been easy for you and your guild, they were not so easy for other guilds -- because there was no Heroic/Normal division, EVERYONE experienced the same content, or at least, had to progress through the same content.

The problem with WOTLK is not that it didn't have a few hard encounters- the problem is that the skill curve dropped to the floor when you were talking about anything other than a select number of heroic mode fights. Most casual guilds dont have a problem in the least with normal mode instances -- because the encounters are tuned so low (no one has to play to their gear level, at all).

What does this mean? It means that on the average, more guilds found more content challenging in BC of Vanilla compared to WOTLK normal encounters (which again, is the only comparison you can make, when talking about 90 percent of the player base).

And this completely ignores the whole world of instances, which on the whole was much more challenging in BC than it was in WOTLK. If bliz expects people to understand basic raid mechanics and to learn their classes via instancing, then they failed catastrophically in WOTLK.
    Last edited by Cobrakai; 2010-11-29 at 02:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I'm so tired of the people who go "LOL U DIDNT DO 25HC IT WAS VERRY VERRY HARD SO THIS EQUALS WOTLK WAS VERRY VERRY HARDZ".

I mean, come on. There's a DIFFERENCE between the few people who do LK25HC and those who can't or don't want to, and who've been grinding the same undertuned instances and farm raids since day 1. Wotlk WAS easy. Deal with it. Just because a few fights were worth of the caption "very hard" doesn't make the entire expansion a challenge.

WOTLK was steamroll for most parts. Ulduar and some hardmodes in ICC were an exception. In the meanwhile, the vast majority of the playerbase had to deal with content fit for toddlers and now forgot how their classes really work.
    I think the point is you can't group an entire expansion pack into just 'WOTLK WAS HARD LOLZ' or 'WOTLK WAS EASY LOLS'

to generalise raid instances without going to in depth, Naxx was easy, Ulduar HMs weren't (when current content) totc 10/25 and togc 10 was easy, togc 25 anub and also valk/FC when current content, was not.
    ICC normal modes up to a certain point are easy, gunship HM is easy. LK HM and a few HMs before it, are not.

People who deal with content 'fit for toddlers' do so by choice or because for whatever RL situation they can't do guild raids, but for most people if they wanted to do the harder fights they could, so stop pretending like you are forced to do easy fights in wotlk because you aren't. (baring the mishap that was nax)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow great post. I actually read the whole thing :O
    And there's a lot of things I need to improve on myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucialus View Post
    It's a good post, but the arrogance and the whole 'wrath' players thing makes me really want to disregard it. Seriously, was it needed?
    ya know what? yes, it was needed. because people that started playing in wow, whether it be in pvp or pve, have been the most nooby, arrogant, ignorant, hypocritical, egotistical, condescending, cynical, unbecoming, idiotic, moronic, retarded, stupid, mislead, misinformed, scrubby, clicking, key-board turning, celestial steed riding, pvp/pve carried, 10 year old little jackasses to ever walk the face of the earth. no wait, im sorry, u dont walk, you poop in bowls because ur so obsessed with a game ur not even good at that u cant even walk to the bathroom. enough with the hotpockets guys, that goes for the twinkies too, ya jerks.

they dont know how raiding or pvp used to be. before cc wasnt needed for raids and resilience didnt do the fight for u. they never know the fights in raids, they dont know how to get gear, no matter how many free epics blizzard basically GIVES them. they dont know the class and caused countless losses in battlegrounds because they dont know how to defend a flag after u freaking attack a base. they think blasting somebody off a ledge in arathi basin or eye of the storm makes them look cool, or gives them skill. they think pally bubbling at 1% requires massive amount of skill.

wake up people! honestly, i hope all of the wrath noobs just quit in cataclysm. (although that would take out about 50% of the alliance population)
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.