Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Since I'd probably be DW Frost or Unholy, at least it would save me some weapons.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios View Post
    IMO I hope they do not. People like to play differently, I don't want to be among the death knights that have the exact same everything. Frost has the ability to 2hand, or dual wield, I cannot see a reason why they would do this to unholy. There are people who are going to use 2handers as frost from a 1% difference, you can do that as well as unholy, no one is stopping you. IF you're a top raider like a lot of you claim to be, then it's nothing. If you're big in max dps 1handers, if you're more of enjoying your playstyle and doing less dps by 1% go 2hander. Honestly, how many of you will actually pull the max dps? It's skill based, you'll still do well even if you don't 1hand. My 2 cents, let the haters hate.

What they can do is make them balanced, to satisfy each demands.
    Or what they can do, since balancing them would be impossible, is to just let one spec DW and one spec use 2h. You'd still be able to DW as Unholy, but it would be like doing 2h frost. And currently the difference is as much as 5%, which is absolutely noticeable. There's no problem with both specs being able to DW, there's just a problem with both specs being optimal while DWing.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Add a "2h weapon spec" talent to the UH tree, make it 3rd tier minimum. I would make it 4th, Rage of Rivendare.

Increases the damage of your Plague Strike, Scourge Strike, and Festering Strike abilities by 15% when using a 2 handed weapon.

Making the talent read this way would add NO real bonus to UH dps as it is, but it would drop the DW build substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by yovmit98 View Post
    Add a "2h weapon spec" talent to the UH tree, make it 3rd tier minimum. I would make it 4th, Rage of Rivendare.

Increases the damage of your Plague Strike, Scourge Strike, and Festering Strike abilities by 15% when using a 2 handed weapon.

Making the talent read this way would add NO real bonus to UH dps as it is, but it would drop the DW build substantially.

Just see my quick and easy fix a couple pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by yovmit98 View Post

Make DW a Frost passive, or add this sort of thing into Unholy's mastery. Having to waste talent points is bad.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Make DW a Frost passive, or add this sort of thing into Unholy's mastery. Having to waste talent points is bad.
    You wouldn't be wasting any points, all UH dps should be speccing for this talent as it is. I am merely saying add the line text and the coding to implement the extra dmg only while using a 2h, issue would be solved.

Honestly tho UH has a pretty cut and dry pve spec, to add a one or even two talent point allocation for a 2h spec would not break the spec. This would similar to the old ret 2h talent, 1 point = X% dmg done while using a 2h.

edit: I don't know that they will make dw a passive frost talent, I believe they have said they want dw to merely be an option for frost. I certainly would dislike having to be relegated to UH because I don't have 2 good 1h weapons. As it is dw frost offers the choice of play style, if you have the weapons to support it. Having a 2h does not force you into one spec or the other, 2h frost is pretty fun imo. 2h frost has some big numbers, and for most dps big numbers = fun.

edit2: dw frost tanking was way more fun than new blood imo =)
    Personally I have no qualm about which specs are using dw or 2h. The whole argument is nil to me but finding a solution to others problems is always rewarding.
    Last edited by yovmit98; 2010-12-10 at 08:16 PM.